00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Numagrounds!

132,314 Views | 665 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 15:57:25

i havent read anyones comments but this is def april fools

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 15:58:20

if it becomes numagrounds, im not comin anymore, i sont think the whole site should change for 1 flash

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:00:00

At 4/1/05 03:58 PM, Dorde_Ultima wrote: if it becomes numagrounds, im not comin anymore, i sont think the whole site should change for 1 flash

Say hello to the fool.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:07:43

Nice try Tom, but you're not getting me again like you did last year with your McDonald's sponser....I still can't believe I fell for that...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:08:07

i guess thats a pretty good idea...but i like how it used to be

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:08:22

I believe:

For those who think this is serious, they (I mean no offense) should get their brains checked.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:09:41

oh fuck i fell for it....i got freaked out

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:12:39

Last year's was way better, since for a second there I really thought that Newgrounds had changed their layout for a sponser like IGN did. Still, spiffy joke (why didn't you put Gary's head on the newgrounds tank guy?)

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:12:57

That image didn't load when I first looked at the front page, so I thought that the "For $20 get ut movie on the front page" thing was the april fools joke. You should have done more, like change descriptions, more than just the image. I like it anyway though. By the way is that sponsor thing a joke?

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:14:47

At 4/1/05 12:57 AM, TomFulp wrote:
So it has been decided that NG could benefit a bit from a change in attitude... A new brand for new times. I've decided that Gary and the Numa Numa Dance are the perfect icon for this next step, hence I am now re-branding Newgrounds as NUMAGROUNDS. From now on, please point your browser to http://www.numagrounds.com. It is currently set to redirect, but the total transfer will be complete in the next 30 days.

And I say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA". Nice April Fools joke there Tom. I Damn near fell for it. Rest assured though, the Numa Numa Logo would be SIX HUNDRED TIMES more warmongering in the newgrounds community. I for one would form a rebel organization to overthrow the Fulp Oppressors! We would drag your charred infidel bodies through the streets!
Just kidding though. Have a good one.

(ps- Hasn't Numa Numa been on the front page long enough?)

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:17:56

Yea nice prank worked on me for about a milisecond.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:20:58

I was expecting to see a joke when I logged on to the site and its funny that anyone wouldn't be expecting it on just about any non-news or professional site they went to.

On a side note, its kind of ironic that the Pope is on his death bed and not expected to make it to tomorrow. Dying on April Fool's must suck because noone really believes the news when they hear it. "The Pope died!" "NO HE DIDN'T YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!!"

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:22:31

LOL @ BazookaNinja being an admin.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:22:55

Nice try, Tom. I like the logo, though.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:23:16

Honestly I think it's a decent idea but now I have to delete the cookies that say newgrounds on my computer. I R not computer savy and will never figure out how to make Numagrounds.com a favorite on my computer!

This is probably an april fools joke and I have just been pwned but if it's not I support anything Tom and Wade feed me!

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:25:33

Though this is an obvious joke and I hate the Numa Numa thing...Numagrounds does have a nice ring to it.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:29:00

Oh... my... god... I'm such a n00b.

I really didn't know what the hell to believe for a few minutes... but when I clicked on that "numagrounds" link, it took me straight back to the old "newgrounds" domain... and that's when I realized this had to be another April Fool's joke!

I don't know where the hell you and Wade came up with this stuff, Tom, but I do know one thing: When you guys come up with a joke, you really know how to put it together! You come up all 'serious' with this thing when you first post it, and it has lots of Newgroundspeople (or maybe I should say Numagroundspeople now) going for a few minutes before somehow or other they just see right through you guys!!! It's just plain unbelievable!

I present my compliments to you and Wade, and shall be waiting in anticipation for another 365.25 days, during which, I trust, you will be working on yet another of your jokes.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:29:57

Tom, im somewhat disappointed... I've been waiting all day to come on here and see what sort of Master prank you were going to play on us, and this was it? Sorry dear, but I think you shoulda just had a lil rest today instead of tryin to pull somethin on us.

The McDonalds one last year was the best one I've seen since i've been a member.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:33:55

Personally I liked it, but I would've liked it better if the whole front page was changed with Numa Numa on every thing.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:34:43

i dont get wat the big deal with numa is also will numagrounds.com redirect all my much earned blams protects and gold or is it all gone

NEWGROUNDS IS AMAZING GOTTA LOVE

a lil lombardi
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."
-Vincent T. Lombardi

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:39:52

Haha, nice April Fool's Day Joke. It would have been cooler if u changed some buttons and other stuff tho. And i joined at the end of April last year so wats this McNewgrounds thing everyone's saying is better? jw.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:42:07

I just feel sorry for Tom actually having to go out and purchase numagrounds.com lol... Oh well, Alien Hominid must have made you loaded, so I doubt you care. (Speaking of which... WHERE'S MY CUBE HOMINID!)... Ahem...

Good prank.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:43:36

McNewgrounds was sooo much better than this Numagrounds thing. But hey, you take what you can get and i guess Tom's just lacking this year...

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:46:26

You had me scared for a minute there.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 16:51:21

Tom, if you had done a full out redesign I would have possibly not thought of it as an April Fools joke, but this was too easy.

You better fool us better next year, fool!

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 17:00:04

I'm too lazy to look at 14 pages, has anyone posted the numa numa lyrics yet?

Drama is my anti-drug.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 17:00:19

Great Joke, but not that many people are going to buy it.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 17:00:52

:shudder:
Don't ever, ever scare me like that again!
I knew almost at once it was just an April Fool's joke, but still, the idea just... :shudder:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 17:01:20

WTF, Numagrounds? thats really gay. That stuff about the "post 9-11" world is bull shit. You need to keep it real, fuck housewives.

Response to Numagrounds! 2005-04-01 17:11:12

I still think McNewgrounds was the best one, and marty.