00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LimeIsHere just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

668,277 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 10:39:34

A woman scorned...ha! A woman scorned for Sega...HA! Such things are a mere pittance. Hell hath no fury like Omahdon in an online argument. Well, maybe except for the burny bits. Still, crackin' read.

I don't normally go in for the web drama, but this is pretty funny. It reminds me of some of the people I've sung with (who have no idea how pompous they come across as).

There are some people who, given the right training and guidance from a respected voice acting teacher will improve from abysmal to merely very bad. But ascension to greatness isn't a guarantee in any teacher/student relationship, no matter how much you're paying them.

PS - Who is this Chris Miller guy anyway? I've heard of Corey Burton, whom with Lucien is studying, but never Chris Miller.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 10:58:36

Omahdon: Geez.... remind me never to try and even do a freindly insult... even if you slept with celebrities (damn my telepathy)

Bezo i've never heard of Chris miller either.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 13:38:26

At 3/31/05 04:14 AM, Omahdon wrote:

Lucien: Yay! I get a cookie! *dances with it* COOKIES 4EVA! Now I have to try and guess the last two roles. O.o

No no...you got all three; Poe Sister, Male Fairy, Phantom Gannon o.o..that's what the cookie was for. You know what's really strange though; the first part of the male fairy's line "Hey Navi pretty..." ....that's not me. I don't understand why that phrase would have been replaced, but I know that's not me. Strangeness.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 13:50:38

At 3/31/05 06:54 AM, Omahdon wrote: Naoki_san: Groundless statements like yours in which you purport to be able to do any and every voice in existence is just going to be met by one phrase around here, kid: "Prove it". If you want to be taken seriously, get a sampler.

ok i will do but eeerm how do i go about that and your right i was exagerating that i can do that many voices but i am a quick learner any way thanks for the advice

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 15:44:55

At 3/31/05 01:50 PM, Naoki_san wrote: ok i will do but eeerm how do i go about that ...

Duder, everything you could possible need to know about joining the NGVAC and recording/hosting you very own vocal demo can be found on the NGVAC Roster. If for any reason you still can't find the wisdom you seek, you may contact ME via email or IM/MSN and I will answer further queries.

AIM: Frogs RM
Email/MSN: frogsrm@REMOVETHIShotmail.com

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 17:19:54

Hi I guess i wish to join your club and i guess i should intro my self .....

Name : Jack Denton Screen name : Vel_jack or Velocity

Age range : not sure would have to be asked to do certain job, would show a example and see what they think

Specialitie : again try and give what is asked from...

Resume: none

Example of my voice: will get back to you on that

E-mail: j1m2d3@msn.com ( my real age is 14 but dont judge me by my age )

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 17:20:41

vel_jack: do you not read the posts or something? We require the voice demo!

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 17:22:20

Ok well tbh i cant just give things on the top of my head some one has to ask me what to do not me making it up myself...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 17:51:57

At 3/31/05 05:22 PM, vel_jack wrote: Ok well tbh i cant just give things on the top of my head some one has to ask me what to do not me making it up myself...

Then I'm afraid you don't have much future in the NGVAC, I suggest you visit the NGVAC Roster page... as I have before, many MANY times. To every 14 year old who wants to join...

JUST GO AND READ IT. IT HAS LOTS OF GREAT IDEAS, I SWEAR!!!

The 20 minutes you'll invest in reading the page will be a good investment of your time. Then, and ONLY THEN, should you come back WITH A SAMPLE!!! and post here.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:03:24

i'm too lazy to really read through everything today, but i did skim and scan and picked up on a bit of what's going on.

someone had chocolate for frogs, and he liked it. someone talked about me having bad stuff ten years ago and a time machine, and i think i saw a water gerbil run across the thread. i'll get him and let you know how it went

BADLY IN WANT OF SOME VOICE ACTING JOBS!! I'm averaging roughly one every other day, and i'm guessing a lot were abandoned or i wasn't told of the finished product. plus i've gotten parts through a lot of auditions and haven't heard anything back as far as scripts, so, if you've auditioned or hired me, please let me know what the hell is going on and where the project stands kiddies.

here's a thought, and its probably already been thought of, but here goes:

what if we pettitioned tom and wade to throw us a bone, and make things a little more accessible and fun for everyone, animators and voice talent alike. here's the proposal..

like, they do something with the site so that we can host demos is the audio portal. keep'em short and sweet, and decent file sizes so as not to rape bandwidth. then the VA gets their little number thing just like the audio portal guys do now, that way if an animator uses you in their flash, you can be credited on the flash's main page in the portal, almost like how collabs work. like where in the info it says who the music is by, it could say who voiced in the flash, then if another artist sees the movie, and likes the va-ing done in it, they can look up our demos/samples in the audio portal, and it would just reek of convenience.

i apollogize for grammatical errors and the all around random jumbledness of this post, but in a very big hurry to get things done before work, and there are many things to get done.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:10:25

Omahdon: Yup! ^.^ I have a feeling this VAC episode will be great. However, it will take me sometime to complete. PS. I don't like chocolate. >:(

Frogs: You spelled my name wrong. Meanie. >:(

Anywho. Those are some good ideas there. I think i'll go for the Jury deliberation scene challenge; it sounds like crazytasty (word?) fun! I even have a script in mind for it. When does the 72 hour time limit begin?

To All Newcomers Of The VAC Who Wish To Join: *Sigh*...must the following be said a gazillion, trillion, fafillion (word?) times!?: YOU MUST HAVE A DEMO OF YOUR VOICE WHEN YOU JOIN. Don't got one? Don't know how to make one? GO TO THE FUDGIN' ROSTER AND READ IT NOW! It has EVERYTHING you need to know, and then some. Trust me. And if you want to know more, you contact -Frogs- or you contact me.

I mean, Jesus. I know we don't do the 'NG VAC Roster First Page Post' all the time with all the information to remind you of the requirement, but at least have the common sense to read back a few pages where it is shown. And also have the common sense to realize that if you want to join a voice acting community to become a voice actor, it should be obvious you'd need a demo of your voice in order to prove and back up that you can, in fact, voice act. Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:24:21

lol sorry about asking i was just a lil confused im gonna do a demo of my voice and then to join i will ask no more but for u to forgive us for our impudence(the right word for the sentance hell if i know i just thought it went well lol) ill get my demo asap

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:29:25

rickstertherockstar:That is an awesome idea, Rickster. Perhaps we can make a petition as well as construct some sort of professionally written letter which will explain the proposal. We can send 'em to the Fulps via E-mail.

If they can actually make a replica of the Audio Portal, and modify it in the way that you stated for us VAs and those Animators/Producers searching for VAs, that would kick so much ass. However I hope that is not too much to ask of them. That sounds like a lot of work to me. O.o; Also, even though we will be listed on the flash main page as you stated, I'm hoping we'd still be credited in the flash animation itself (listed in the credits of the movie). Anywho. Yeah, great idea Rickster.

Naoki_san: S'ok. Just read the roster, and post your profile later when you have your demo ready and accessible. Thanks. ^.^

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:29:25

At 3/31/05 10:26 AM, Omahdon wrote:
At 3/31/05 09:38 AM, luminousnerd wrote:
luminousnerd: No, see the Special Notes section is there to note major acheivements and stuff; it's just that the wording of your Special Notes makes you sound very much like an arrogant ass who's full of himself.
That's actually what you are supposed to sound like on a résumé...
This isn't a resume. This is a profile that's going on a roster that could quite possibly LINK to a resume if and when you get one.

Ok, well then, never mind. Erase what I said, no need for all of that there...

Finally, while I'm leaving in the fact that you're taking voice acting lessons, I'm a bit leery about the wording you've opted to use. Taking lessons from a professional voice actor is great and can get you a lot of basics down, but you're wording it in such a way that the achievements of that actor are somehow your own.
No offense, but in the professional voice acting industry, the higher achievement of person you take lessons from, the higher accredited they are. It's also simple logic...if you take lessons from a crappy vo person, you are gonna suck too...if you take lessons from a good one, most likely you can be quite good.
Conceded but are you somehow implying that those of us who haven't taken lessons are somehow inferior? And since when do crappy voicover artists run lessons? It's pretty safe to say that if you ARE taking lessons, you'd be taking them from someone responsible enough to have carved out a niche in the VA world before trying their hands at teaching. But I'm splitting hairs here at this point so I'll leave it be.

Depends what you mean inferior...inferior sounds harsh, and I'm not saying if you don't take lessons you can't be good. Hell, if you don't have talent, no matter how many lessons you take you are screwed. But you have more an opportunity to be better if you take lessons. AND, that is how the industry works, rightly or wrongly.

As if somehow the fact that Chris Miller "has worked on many internet toons, as well as Playstation 2 games and MANY Hollywood movies" has anything to do with your own skill level and acheivements.
Well, it does...I learned from him.
But that doesn't make them YOUR achievements. It makes them HIS achievements which you are trying to associate with your, as of yet, unburgeoning career. You can be taught by all the best teachers in the world, but it means jack squat if you don't have your own talent to go by. Which you do, but you're definitely no Chris Miller, yet.

I never claimed them to be my achievements, I simply stated that Christopher Miller is a very accomplished voiceover artist, and I took classes from him. That's all. It means more than if I just say I took voice lessons from Chris Miller. Nobody knows who Christ Miller is, there are probably a thousand Chris Millers in the acting industry alone. But if I note a few of his accomplishments it means more.

With no roles to speak of, an average sample and a Special Notes like the one you got: You're strutting around like a peacock without any tailfeathers. You probably didn't mean to imply anything of what I just said and I'm probably reading in a lot more into it than what's actually there, but that's just the way I see it.
Well if anyone sees it that way I suppose I should change the wording. However, I want this resume to be applicable to my professional acting resume if it gets anywhere.
Again, this is not a resume. It's a profile that goes on a roster. If you want an example of a resume, check out some of the links on the roster to see what other people have done with their resume setup. Or check out the pages of some of the professional VAs around.

Well, I know what a resume is. I have a real resume, it's not online though. But I've had professional, paying jobs with it...please don't treat me as a n00b. I'm new to online voice acting (hence the quality, I never had to mess with it before), but in the real world I'm pretty accomplished.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:40:35

At 3/31/05 06:10 PM, Elliair wrote: PS. I don't like chocolate. >:(

I thought I was gonna feed you chocolate while we did work on the *EERIE SOUNDS* SECRET PROJECT??

Frogs: You spelled my name wrong. Meanie. >:(

It was deliberate. I was trying to make it sound like Chocolate-Eclair .

Anywho. Those are some good ideas there. I think i'll go for the Jury deliberation scene challenge; it sounds like crazytasty (word?) fun! I even have a script in mind for it. When does the 72 hour time limit begin?

Well these were just ideas I pulled out of my ass, but if you think it's actually a good idea*... we could say starting tonight at midnight. That way, everyone submits (by posting a link to an MP3, <here> in the thread) by midnight Sunday. Then maybe Monday I'll compile all the links onto one page for convenient listening. This should be fun, I'll get started on mine...

* If you want to participate in the challenge, here are the rules again:
- Write a script and voice the scene in the jury deliberation room after the Michael Jackson trial.
- Must voice at least 6 distinct jurors, one being the opposite sex as you. Can team up with someone to make a full 12 person jury.
- Time to complete, 72 hours.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:41:15

luminousnerd: Gawd. That is one uber post. One that mostly consists of quotes. O.o; Anyway. I think the point that Omahdon is trying to get across is clear: You've got your demo, awesome! Needs improvements, but you have a demo nonetheless. Now all you have to do is fix the wording of your profile (specifically in Special Notes), and then you're in. (Technically, you are in the VAC as of now (not sure if you were updated on the roster, though), but a better worded profile would be much appreciated.) And you can always improve your demo later on. Welcome aboard. ^.^

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:45:34

At 3/31/05 06:40 PM, -Frogs- wrote: I thought I was gonna feed you chocolate while we did work on the *EERIE SOUNDS* SECRET PROJECT??

Oi. I meant to say "PS. I don't like chocolate sauce covered all over me. >:(" But I still do want be fed chocolate during the process of our SECRET PROJECT. ^.^

And I'll get started on the jury challenge thing right now. *Starts writing a script*

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 18:55:43

*Possible Double Post Warning*

Rickster: Belive it or not, I'm vey AGAINST this idea. I'll explain why:

- Having our own "Voice Acting Portal" opens up pandoras box. Every stupid kid who has a mic and sound recorder will submit crappy demos and clutter it up.

- All portals have a voting system to screen out junk by setting a minimum score to pass. The flash portal works well, but (Bezo back me up here) the audio portal is plagued by flamers who vote zero on good shit just to bring it down. The small number of total votes in the Audio POrtal allow one person within a few days to cut a score in half or more.

- There is no easy way for flash animators to see who's still current. Here in the thread, an animator can easily see who is still here, and who hasn't been to NG in 3 months. Demos and samples will stay on th Portal forever, long after some kid grows tired of NG, or moves and doesn't have internet, etc...

- As we've seen with the Roster, animators don't check out demos mostly. 9/10 times they post an ad and see who responds. A Portal would almost force them to screen hundreds of demos (again, not knowing who's current) to find the right actor. No animator will want to do this.

For these reasons I think it's better to keep the forum as our main location. I know it has its' draw backs, but it is more effective than a Portal would be. As far as raising awareness of our crew, the NGVAC movies are a good start. If one is really good, perhaps front page worthy... we could get a lot of exposure. Also, I want the newer people to update their sigs with a link to the Roster. Maybe this should become a requirement to be on the Roster in the first place? And as long as we continue to do good work, we will build a good reputation as being THE place to go for VA's.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:04:02

eeeerm i no its not my place to say but i agree with frogs there are a lot of a holes out there who oly come to ng to be barstards and vote low cos it gives them sick satisfaction and ur right alot of ppl looking for voices do 9xout of 10 only post and hope someone replies cos either there afraid or they cant be botherd to contact the acter but i like this fried its inspired me to become a member of the club or at least im trying i gottado a decent sample first and i will have the link in my sig for my resume

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:13:02

At 3/31/05 06:55 PM, -Frogs- wrote: Rickster: Belive it or not, I'm vey AGAINST this idea. I'll explain why:

God dammit. *Sigh* I should've looked as hard at the proposal as you did. At first glance the proposal was very appealing, but after this explanation and thinking of all the flaws this idea could have, I'll have to say that it is not such a great idea after all.

(Note to self: Think about what you read before having an opinion on it) >.<;

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:22:05

if i may make a suggestion maybe the propsal could go in affect if certain ppl were given the power to vote and then ppl looking for voices could check the ratings of course these ppl would have to be chosen and prove somehow that they are mature enough not to be dicks and give a fair comment on the piece in question i dunno just a suggestion

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:22:42

I'm completly lost here, could someone sumarize whats been going on for the past few pages? The only thing I know about is luminousnerd vs. Omahdon.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:25:16

id help u but im new to this forum but if u read up there was a proposal for the voice acting club

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 19:43:28

At 3/31/05 07:22 PM, LazyKenny wrote: I'm completly lost here, could someone sumarize whats been going on for the past few pages? The only thing I know about is luminousnerd vs. Omahdon.

Oh, Me, Me!

Page 80:
Kayoto shows us a picture of a character called Nozomi who's being voiced by Kagome I believe. Omahdon makes a megapost. FrostRhino joins the VAC. Welshwonder is confused about Omahdon not being able to get to his VA demo. Majin Vegetto Ep. 3 is out (featuring Hobbes and Tetsu-kun). TESM starts his own VAC Episode. chibi_lila comes back to the VAC. luminousnerd joins us, with a bit of an ego, maybe? Kagome is feeling a bit bitchy. :(

Page 81:
I hide with Gamesdisk from Kagome. Rickster comes back after a while. Happy Late B-Day to both Tetsu-kun and chibi_lila. Lucien explains something about audio compression in Flash. Omahdon makes a megapost.

Page 82:
Lucien gives Omahdon a cookie. Isca comes back for a bit. ARMY_ranger makes a casting call for his Robotech episode. magpie1 makes a casting call for his flash movie. PopupBlock reminds us of his needed cast. Rickster feels hated? Darra_Fayh searches for VAs. New discovery: general conversation sucks at the VAC. TheRagingDead_Studio thanks the VAs.

Page 83:
D-Mac searches for Zim clips. Rickster helps out. ARMY_ranger asks us very bewildering questions in hopes for general conversation. That failed. Rickster made me cry. ;-; Shalamaseskia proposes a contest. Not such a good idea. Frogs proposes some voice acting activities. Good idea. Luminousnerd and Omahdon start a debate. junta1796 is given the bold text treatment courtesy of Omahdon. Neiro "NEEDS SOME FUCKIN VAs!" Naoki_san comes to the VAC. More debate between Luminousnerd and Omahdon.

Page 84:
Bezo laughs at a scorn woman? No one knows who Chris Miller is. Lucien is bewildered by the fact that one phrase in the recent flash movie he was in was replaced. Naoki_san sees it our way. vel_jack...just...just...*sigh*. Rickster makes a proposal, which at first I thought was good, but after explanations from Frogs, is not a good idea at all. :( luminousnerd makes an uber huge post, consisting mostly of quotes. I try to get the point across to him. Naoki_san makes a suggestion which I do not clearly understand yet I don't think is a good idea in the first place. :( You come, lost and baffled.

Did that help? :)

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 20:26:48

Yes it did Elliair. Thanks

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 20:49:57

Wow, it's been a little while since I posted :P Tons of stuff to catch up on ... lots and lots of reading. I've been trying to record ALL of my lines for every project I am involved in, and I did; to some success ....

Majin Vegetto Ep 4 will be coming out in a little while, so keep those peepers peeled (although I'll just post it's out anyways) :D

-Hobbes

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 20:56:22

At 3/31/05 07:22 PM, LazyKenny wrote: I'm completly lost here, could someone sumarize whats been going on for the past few pages? The only thing I know about is luminousnerd vs. Omahdon.
At 3/31/05 07:43 PM, Elliair wrote: (((...much summarizing...)))
Did that help? :)
At 3/31/05 08:26 PM, LazyKenny wrote: Yes it did Elliair. Thanks

Page 84:
LazyKenny lives up to his name... Frogs tries to look cool by insulting LazyKenny, just ends up looking foolish himself...

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 21:05:11

Aura Inc. and I are working on a sprite series called "Sprite Reaper" His picture is below this. It won't start off as him slaying Sprites like mario or whatever, but we will get there, thos giving him the name "Sprite Reaper." At first he just battle ghost and zombies, and help out others. His name is Alamar, last name Unknown. His voice is a mysterious voice, not dark, but mysterious voice that has a kinda dark feel to it. When he is the "Sprite Reaper" his will change to a dark voice, that sounds like he is without feeling. I need someone with great talent to do this voice of Alamar's. If you wish to help out on Aura Inc.'s newest project, e-mail a voice sample saying any from "My name, is Alamar", to "I'm the Sprite Reaper", or "Your first mistake was coming here, ready to die?" Those are just somethings Alamar will say in this flash.

Aura Inc. also request the voice of a girl. We don't have any voice actors so this is why I'm asking for all this. We need a girl to do the voice of Jun Kaytis, the first person to join Alamar on his journey's. If you wish to help out Aura Inc. send a sample saying "I'm Jun Kaytis", "Right Behind you Alamar", or "Watch this." Jun's voice is more serious and seductive all at the same time. If you don't want to do Jun's voice here is something you can do. You can send a short sample saying "Jellyfish" in a high, quick, cheery voice. It is for the start of the movie.

All samples are to be sent to Aura Inc. at PsychoGoldfish@hotmail.com, this is the Creator of Aura Inc.'s e-mail address. Thank you. All voice actors will be put in both the Starting credits and ending credits of the films. Depending on how well the voice actors do, you maybe asked to join Aura Inc. Thank you again.

Voice Acting Club

BRAWL FC : 3823-8437-5508

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 21:13:01

Just noticed you signed up about two days ago. Welcome to Newgrounds (takes jacket)

-Hobbes

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-31 21:17:05

I signed on along time ago, I forgot my password and member name so I had to change names. Now I have to start over, and everyone thinks I'm a n00b.

BRAWL FC : 3823-8437-5508