00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kxj just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dave Thomas...

5,014 Views | 37 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 12:17:39

In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

In unrelated NG news... I have updated the Pico 2 page with some fun new articles. You can find links to them on a bullet list at the bottom of the page. I have been getting a lot of flack for my Pico 2 Gameplay Demo that I uploaded to the Portal - I really wish people could take a joke. The next teaser will be much better, I promise.

Besides chipping away at Pico 2, I've been busy with some other games. Check out the recently released Mason's Bubble Blast (art & concept by Jose Ortiz) and Sack Smash 2001 (art & concept by Synj). Check 'em out! Synj and I have another crazy game on the way!

Does anyone out there work for a real video game company? I'm really interested in making games for the Gameboy Advanced (since it is oldskool 2D and all), so I'd love to hear from anyone in the industry.

Hope everyone is having a happy new year!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 12:37:55

Yer so right about Dave Thomas. That guy truly believed in his product.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 13:31:44

Whoa! is Pico 2 gonna be that good? Only joking. Well at least we get a preview, better than nothing! I'm really looking forward to the release of Pico 2 - any specific dates in mind yet?

By the way, which version of Pico was the original? Me and my friend are avid fans of Pico and we would like to settle a dispute. He thinks it's the school but if I remember rightly there was one before that.

-Sam

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 14:24:03

At 1/8/02 12:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

In unrelated NG news... I have updated the Pico 2 page with some fun new articles. You can find links to them on a bullet list at the bottom of the page. I have been getting a lot of flack for my Pico 2 Gameplay Demo that I uploaded to the Portal - I really wish people could take a joke. The next teaser will be much better, I promise.

Besides chipping away at Pico 2, I've been busy with some other games. Check out the recently released Mason's Bubble Blast (art & concept by Jose Ortiz) and Sack Smash 2001 (art & concept by Synj). Check 'em out! Synj and I have another crazy game on the way!

Does anyone out there work for a real video game company? I'm really interested in making games for the Gameboy Advanced (since it is oldskool 2D and all), so I'd love to hear from anyone in the industry.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 14:33:35

hey im form england, and i really wanna be a computer game designer as well! its bin like my life dream. anyways, im taking computer game design at university next year, and i was wondering if i should come 2 america for my year out? im doing a sandwhich course, and i can work in a company overseas 4 a year. do u no anyway i can contact any1 about this over there?

thanx a lot
keir birch :)

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 14:37:22

At 1/8/02 12:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

The same people who don't get the wonder that is Pico 2 are the same people who don't know the clocks are the same people who don't know Dave Thomas.

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 14:57:44

At 1/8/02 12:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away.

I feel so privlaged to have reviewed the movie before his death. Go Me!

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 15:30:49

At 1/8/02 01:31 PM, samjh wrote: By the way, which version of Pico was the original? Me and my friend are avid fans of Pico and we would like to settle a dispute. He thinks it's the school but if I remember rightly there was one before that.

-Sam

No date is set in stone, but it will take several months to finish.

The order of the Pico games was this:

1) Darnel's Pyro
2) Nene's Suicide
3) Pico's School
4) Pico vs. Uberkids
5) Bear in the Big Blue House

At least, I THINK Uber was before bear... hmm... The first three are correct, tho.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 16:51:48

At 1/8/02 03:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: At least, I THINK Uber was before bear... hmm... The first three are correct, tho.

I remember Uber Kids coming out first, because when Bear came out, I thought it was so much better than Uber Kids had been.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 17:36:23

good joke... good joke... you really had me there Thomas Fulp

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 17:42:50

At 1/8/02 02:37 PM, Shrapnel wrote:

The same people who don't get the wonder that is Pico 2 are the same people who don't know the clocks are the same people who don't know Dave Thomas.

Those people have a name... "morons"...

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 17:46:02

Dave Thomas was awesome, but I'm pretty sure he spit in my fries once

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 19:34:55

Hey Tom, I don't work for Nintendo but if you're looking for job opportunities, click here

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 20:03:38

Hey Tom... I know This might sound weird but actually i work for BullFrog Productions...Though we arent in the nintendo category i could lend you some of my tools for you to play around with to make a game..hehe well also in other news THE CLOCK SITE www.clockcrew.com is coming great...but we have had such a server rush thet im using up all my website account in the first 3 days! DAMN we had gotten 19,000 hits within the first 2 days! thats a crap load..we peace tom contact me at Markwillett82@hotmail.com ill give you the program that were using to make Sim Theme Park 2 PEACE
~CranberryClock
FOREVER AND LOVE TO WENDYS OWNER..DAVE THOMAS YOUR FOOD WAS KICK ASS!

Eff it.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 20:18:15

DDR Dave is a true masterpiece! It absoulutly coruscates! Much better than some of the boondoggling that some acerebral fopdoodle would deem fit to place here!

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 20:54:24

He was really a great legend

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 21:02:39

Well I really hope people could take the joke.I know I didnt.Ummmmmmm I really hope you get done with Pico 2 FAST i loved the first one so GO GO GO!

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-08 21:04:48

Aww...:( And I was just about to send the letter complaining about the skanky Wendy's in Belleville!

(slaps a "Bastard" sticker to his forehead)

Oh well, Dave, RIP. You made a company that makes good food (although the quality of it in some places is questionable...) around the world. You've left your mark.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 00:10:56

fuck dave thomas and fuck his crappy fast food. he finally paid for those comercials,didnt you dave!

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 00:27:38

1) WOW PICO2 IS GONNA COME OUT SOON THATS GREAT I'VE BEEN WATING A LONG ASS TIME FOR THAT TO COME OUT AND ITS FINALLY HERE PICO ROCKS!!!!!!

2)YEAH THAT DOES SUCK THAT HAPPEN TO DAVE THOMAS HE WAS A GOOD MAN HE'LL TRUELY BE MISSED BY ALL HIS FANS R.I.P DAVE!!!

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 01:42:12

I'm too lazy to read the comments. Devrs.com has info on developing for the GBA. Quite simple if you know C or QuickScript.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 02:08:04

PIC0 2 PARODIES OWN!!!

HAHA MUAHAH

HAHA PICO.... 8bit.... strawberryclock......8bit...... ahah ownage

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 07:15:31

That let mee think... did you find somebody for the soundtrack of Pico2? If you didn't, i think the person who made the DDR Dave Thomas portal could be excellent,...no?...yeah?...nah!...yes nano?....hun?...i'm a bit confuse soor7! *_*

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 07:18:27

Hate when it does that here we go! ¨_¨

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 13:15:31

dude, dave thomas died?that sucks... R.I.P. dave!next time i eat my double classic with cheese i'll be thinkin bout how he loved his company with a passion.POUR OUT A LIL FROSTY FOR MY HOMIE!hahaha

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 16:08:24

In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

I've heard some shitty things about Dave Thomas and how he treats the employees that actually work for his store. I can't watch a commericial without looking at his fake smile and thinking to myself, asshole. He should've really treated the kids that actually work at his chains alot better than he did. Oh well.

Laterz,
Elliott

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 17:07:45

Hey Tom, you probably already know this, but...

At work today, I saw that on about the second or third page of the life section of USA Today, there was a little blurb about the foresightful DDR Dave flash, and about how the 14-year-old maker's homepage and Newgrounds.com, a repository for flash cartoons, was being hit to see the cartoon. You even had a little blurb about the cartoon's foreshadowing of events to come. Neato! I also started a thread on the subject in the BBS here.

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 18:04:41

Pico 2 is so going to rock!
I saw the AIM chat you had with PsychoGoldfish on Newgrounds Lit.
You must be the best fucking actionscript-programmer on the face of the earth!! (and PsychoGoldfish too, of course, because without him, you wouldn't be able to finish Pico 2!)
-Xurk-
www.xurk.com

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 19:36:54

Dave rules long live Wenndys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 22:06:23

At 1/9/02 12:10 AM, freepablo wrote: fuck dave thomas and fuck his crappy fast food. he finally paid for those comercials,didnt you dave!

I don't know who the fuck you are. but wendy's got some of the best shit to eat. so if your wanna fuck some one then fuck ur self. long live dave i say.