00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dave Thomas...

5,013 Views | 37 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-09 23:32:48

At 1/8/02 12:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

In unrelated NG news... I have updated the Pico 2 page with some fun new articles. You can find links to them on a bullet list at the bottom of the page. I have been getting a lot of flack for my Pico 2 Gameplay Demo that I uploaded to the Portal - I really wish people could take a joke. The next teaser will be much better, I promise.

Besides chipping away at Pico 2, I've been busy with some other games. Check out the recently released Mason's Bubble Blast (art & concept by Jose Ortiz) and Sack Smash 2001 (art & concept by Synj). Check 'em out! Synj and I have another crazy game on the way!

Does anyone out there work for a real video game company? I'm really interested in making games for the Gameboy Advanced (since it is oldskool 2D and all), so I'd love to hear from anyone in the industry.

Hope everyone is having a happy new year!

Well thats to bad , I never casually ate at Wendy's though.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-10 03:24:40

At 1/8/02 12:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: In case you haven't heard the news, Wendy's founder Dave Thomas has passed away. Users are now swarming to the DDR Dave Thomas music video, which portrays Dave busting a groove to music from Dance Dance Revolution. I think Dave would have liked it. He was a great guy who came out of retirement to stand by his company to the end!

Good Ol' Dave will be missed :(

In unrelated NG news... I have updated the Pico 2 page with some fun new articles. You can find links to them on a bullet list at the bottom of the page. I have been getting a lot of flack for my Pico 2 Gameplay Demo that I uploaded to the Portal - I really wish people could take a joke. The next teaser will be much better, I promise.

I really related to the Programming Dilemma article, since I had a similar problem involving scaling and actionscript, in a fighting game I'm working on. I know how it is ;) When you figure out a problem with your code, it's like... Nirvana...

Besides chipping away at Pico 2, I've been busy with some other games. Check out the recently released Mason's Bubble Blast (art & concept by Jose Ortiz) and Sack Smash 2001 (art & concept by Synj). Check 'em out! Synj and I have another crazy game on the way!

Heheh, those were fun games. I appreciated the art as well as the quality programming.

Does anyone out there work for a real video game company? I'm really interested in making games for the Gameboy Advanced (since it is oldskool 2D and all), so I'd love to hear from anyone in the industry.

Seriously Tom, I think you should evolve NG into a full-fledged Game Dev Studio. NG Studios would so kick all the other Game Developers in the arse!

I was never really here.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-10 17:56:41

Dave Thomas...

Response to Dave Thomas... 2002-01-11 12:42:05

At 1/10/02 05:56 PM, Kallok wrote:

I didn't know he died until I saw Biography on A&E last night, and it was Biography remembers dave thomas, and I was kind of bumming. But Dave was a really hard worker. Wow.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2003-02-18 11:18:01

Even though it happened along time ago.......we don't even have a wendys here...oh well...to bad dave died:-\.................................................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ......................................................................*goes and eats at arbys...................................................................... ..........................................................

Response to Dave Thomas... 2003-02-19 08:22:47

(sob) Dave Thomas was and will always be the greatest man in the fast food business. We will always remember him everytime we sink our teeth into a delisious cheese burgers (i think its remarkible how the wendy's burger pattys are shaped like squares). And Dave Thomas is in the Guiness book of world records for "Most Ads Starring A Company Founder" in which he appeared in 652 commercial. Dave Thomas will truely be missed.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2003-02-24 01:19:57

I heard he was DEAD!!! as in no longer alive the day of the horrific event.

Response to Dave Thomas... 2003-03-03 15:48:04

Good words about a good man. A family friend worked very closely with Mr. Thomas and would tell everyone that in reality he was every bit the sweetheart that he was on TV. A nice guy who will be missed.