00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is "punk" the new craze?

1,970 Views | 43 Replies

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 17:00:40

i know exactly what all of you are talking about. we have all those posers at school, and they wear all that black makeup and the spikes and stuff and they listen to good charlotte and the "new" blink182 (the new album not their old stuff that was good) and green day (only the new album i might add) and they declare it that they are punk. it makes me so mad, because they have this stupid mindset of "rebellion" but im told its the nonchristian thing to do when i cuss them out! wtf is going on in their stupid little heads?!!? none of this dressing wierd ever even came to my attention, but when i started hearing, "im so punk rock today" and "shut up poser, im a real punk!" i couldnt take it anymore! i want to just set them on fire so i can show them what punk really is! (dont get me wrong, im in no way a punk, but i do know it when i see it. i just want to show these kids what they think they are is exactly what they dont want to become.)

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 17:06:21

let me clear up a little what i just said there. im not saying setting people on fire is punk, im saying that to rightly declare yourself a punk, you are gonna end up doing illegal shit

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 17:24:08

i do see your point there, im just trying to sum up my opinion of what punk is on a forum, i could tell you better in person. dont take what i say about this too literally

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 17:26:32

At 12/13/04 05:06 PM, abigstackofboxeS wrote: let me clear up a little what i just said there. im not saying setting people on fire is punk, im saying that to rightly declare yourself a punk, you are gonna end up doing illegal shit

That's bullshit. So while you're in prison getting fucked up the ass by some big black guy, you'll be like "now I'm a true punk".

You don't have to do illegal shit to be a punk. As soon as you state that, you killed it anyway because you're telling someone what they have to do to be "punk". That's like telling them to conform to your view of what a punk is, which is the opposite of what it stands for.

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 19:56:23

ok then tell me what is it that makes a person a punk. punk is a term for rebelliousness, not nonconformity

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:05:11

Punk better not be the new craze it was just rap like 40 minutes ago?

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:10:34

At 12/13/04 08:07 PM, FunkinAround wrote: My roommate listens to punk all the time. It annoys me so much. I'm usually open to a wide variety of music, but I just can't ever picture myself ever liking that shit. It's awful. Everything is so whiny.

Wanna what sucks even more a white, regge, rapping, canadian person......ewwwww!

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:13:47

At 12/13/04 08:10 PM, -deleted- wrote: Wanna what sucks even more a white, regge, rapping, canadian person......ewwwww!

...are you dissing DJ Marley Gordon Lightfoot?

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:16:07

I think liking classic rock is the new craze. Theres a huge amount of Pink Floyd fans popping up around here, but they like just started listening to them like a week ago.

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:17:18

Yeah...

I hate to say that I'm falling into the trend, but when I listened to music I never really liked anything at all or ever really listened to music that much. I liked Eminem and other crappy rap and pop because everyone else liked that kind of music.

Then I found punk. The first band I listened to and really liked was Sum 41. I liked Green Day a little before that, but only listened to about two songs. I finally realized what I liked.

I know you can tell me that Sum 41 is NOT punk, but the truth is that true punk is not around anymore and kinda died with the Sex Pistols.

Every once and while you find a band that comes close or a bit of punk 'lite'. Then there is just fucking pop punk bullshit that I don't like.

Good Charlotte...I hated those bastards after "Lifestyles of the Rice and Famous". I refused to listen to any song they made after that.

Simple Plan..PFFFT! Their songs make me laugh. Complain, complain, and complain is all they do. And that stupid song about his father not loving him HA!

Avril Lavigne might be attractive, but she is a fucking poser. Have you seen her high school year book picture? MISS PROPER BULLSHIT is all I see.

The funny thing is that when I'm at school there are these punk ass bitches who call me poser because I don't look as punk as they do. Sure I like the style a little bit, but I don't overdo it and try to look like a dumbass. Most of them were just kids younger than me.

I remember asking one of them if they knew who Sid Vicious was?

He looked confused and I laughed at his ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:19:55

Real punk? Thank god for Gainesville! Tada!

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:24:58

Trendy punk is when they sacrafice look for hardcoreness most liekely if you have played at CBGB's you are hardcore, if you sounmd like a girl qwhen you sing your emo

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:29:52

neo-punk could suck my dick. Rap is OKAY. Yeah, I stick with the 90's punk bands.

Response to Is "punk" the new craze? 2004-12-13 20:30:02

At 12/13/04 02:32 PM, terqui wrote: Im just wondreing. Theres a bunch of fags at my school who dress "punk" and listen to their punk bands. Most of them being the crappy pop-punk. Good Charolete, and NFG to name a few.

yeah that is bullshit. they think they're punk when they just do it to be cool. they dont actually have the true punk attitude

I've told all of them that they're not punk. Because they dont know what real punk is. Se x Pistols is real punk.

amen

So is this the new "in" thing?? If it is, atleast its better than rap.

yeah, i guess

(I needed to do something for my 1500 post =P)

congrats

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!