00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HPinky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA!

4,581 Views | 35 Replies

So late last week my Alien Hominid order finally arrived in the mail, and man this game has been a blast to play so far. One of the main reasons I own a GameCube is because I love all of the "party" games that are on it for 4 players (ie: Ultimate Muscle, Super Monkey Ball, Super Mario Kart, etc.) Well let me tell ya... Alien Hominid was the life of the party this weekend.

We had a blast... well... blasting our way through more Feds and innocent bystanders than you can shake a controller at. For those of you who think you know what the game is like just because you've played the original flash version - trust me, you haven't seen anything yet. And the 4-player mini games are a lot of fun and a source of many laughs. It just goes to show you that simplicity and good game design will last much longer than all the schnazzy 3D graphics in the world. Between this and Viewtiful Joe, I can only hope that we'll see more 2D games in the future and the industry won't be so insanely oversaturated with 3D material that all looks the same. Sure, there's some great 3D games out there... no doubt about it. But realistically, there's so many that look absolutely horrible and/or just like 20 other games.

So a hearty congrats to Tom and company on a job well done with Alien Hominid. If you guys haven't picked it up yet, make sure you do!

Anyway, hope you're all geared up for the holidays. I've already got I-Mockery all decked out and I've just put up a big feature for the Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special if you'd like to check it out. It's sad how hilarious Christmas specials with insane celebrity guests like that one are pretty much gone nowadays. Also, you can expect plenty more holiday features to come soon, including another online PickleMan comic book from myself and PoX.

Alrighty, keep eating that tasty yellow snow. Don't listen to what people tell ya, it's really not bad at all. In fact, it's just flavored like lemonade. I promise.

-RoG-
www.i-mockery.com

p.s.: As I promised a few months ago, I have posted the instructional "How to make your very own Flaming Carrot costume" piece. Hope you like it!

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 22:01:41

I-mockery rules :D

I'm a longtime fan.

My copy of AH still isn't here :(
damn canadian postal system :P

I was never really here.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 22:27:25

*cough* ass kisser *cough*

Just kidding.

But seriously, AH is cool. Great work and congrats Tom and team.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 22:29:02

Sadly, 2-D console games pretty much died out in 1997 :-(
I would fucking love it if AH brought it back though

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 23:02:30

Good stuff. ;)

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 23:16:15

nicely said.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 23:17:13

Im going to rent it.

BBS Signature

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-06 23:23:03

couldnt agree more about the gamecube. besides halo 2, me and my friends nearly never play on the ps2 or xbox together. i'll probably pick alien hominid up next week, after finals.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 00:01:31

I-Mockery kicks ass, so does Alien Hominid, though I can't buy it because I don't have PS2 or GC, my buddy always brings it over and it's great, I promise.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 01:12:46

i <3 you :)

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 01:31:28

At 12/6/04 10:29 PM, Mek1985 wrote: Sadly, 2-D console games pretty much died out in 1997 :-(
I would fucking love it if AH brought it back though

I Sooooo totally hope so dude. I'm soooo fucking tired of this 3D shit! I miss SNES games! Bring 'em back. I hope Behemoth NEVER makes a 3D game unless the camera is fixed to the side... even then I'd prefer sooo much more hand drawn sprites!

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 03:56:13

Gee, sounds like you throw some pretty off the hook parties. I mean, who could go wrong with a little Mario Party 4 or some Donkey Kongo and a bit of grape Kool-Aid to sip on while you nibble on Animal Crackers?

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 10:41:22

At 12/7/04 01:12 AM, DanPaladin wrote: i <3 you :)

Look at my profile :)

BBS Signature

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 11:09:03

i like pie

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 11:12:34

hello im new and i just want 2 say the person who coppied me pic better giv it bak or i will beat them with an ugly stick ow sorry someone beat me 2 it lol

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 13:21:16

What?

Speak clearly dude.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 15:39:51

alien hominid is awesome

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 15:42:29

Yeah, Alien Hominid's amazing, though a bit short. I hope Tom and Dan make a sequel.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 18:19:02

Alien Hominid is one of those games that are worthy enogh to play and beat over and over again so wut im sayin is ITS SRAIT OU GANGSTA AIGHT PEACE

p.s LONG LIVE THE MAXILOR!!

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 18:47:00

glad someones having as much fun as i am with it ^_^

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 18:51:58

So how much did tom pay you to say that??

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 20:25:46

At 12/7/04 06:51 PM, Bob_is_Gawd wrote: So how much did tom pay you to say that??

Told you it sounded rather ass kisser-ish.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 20:52:12

my freind has alien hominid, ive played it its pretty good, but im too bust to get it. ive been playing halo2 and half life2 and have been waiting for reident evil 4 to come out on january 11th!!!!

dont get me wrong i like the game but i would rather play it over my freinds house sometimes then get it myself.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-07 21:48:57

Alien Hominid rocks the socks harder then Bob Marely on a cold summer day.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-08 00:01:42

i still need to get a copy of the game

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-08 20:03:35

i agree 100%!! i just got my alien hominid game for gamecube, and it fucking rules!!! i love the soviet agents, they are hilarious! my favorite way to kill a guy is to jump on them, then eat their head!!!! i love how u can drive all the vehicles and the different types of weapons. this game is definitely a lot different then the online version. a major congrats goes to tom and wade for making such a kickass game!! u guys should do the same with pico and disorderly. if possible, u guys should keep this series alive and make a second and a third game!!! once again, incredible job.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-09 17:52:52

Well, AH just arrived at the EB Games here in Saskatchewan. So I'm going to pick up my copy tomorrow. The shipping got pushed back like 2 weeks for reasons they did not know. But it's here now, so that's all that matters!!!

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-10 02:57:43

Dude How can u like a game like that there is no piont to it, first it was just a small game on the inter net and now it is one of the biggest games ever i just dont under stand it.

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-10 04:07:28

At 12/10/04 02:57 AM, Thaddeus24 wrote: Dude How can u like a game like that there is no piont to it, first it was just a small game on the inter net and now it is one of the biggest games ever i just dont under stand it.

Maybe because its a good game and you are stupid. BTW, get your grammer and punctuation right.

BBS Signature

Response to YO! ALIEN HOMINID! DON'T EAT SANTA! 2004-12-10 12:40:13

At 12/10/04 02:57 AM, Thaddeus24 wrote: Dude How can u like a game like that there is no piont to it, first it was just a small game on the inter net and now it is one of the biggest games ever i just dont under stand it.

I agree and fuck u tom lol as i say this i will be banned lol