00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jestyx3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

208,890 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 14:54:38

So, Myst.. I guess my suggestion for WOR is gone?

*Teh emo tear*

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 14:56:01

At 3/12/05 01:10 AM, Quisty wrote: Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my poetry ^_^

Sorry I haven't been on to review your poetry, but they are real pretty.

Quisty, I know we've had our issues, but can you please add me on msn. I have a new addy, for a new personality...

Or nearly.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 15:14:34

wow I don't ge tonline for a day and god knwos how many people join and I have shit loads of stuff t review.

Myst I'll sort out the WoR stuff if you want but either wya it'll wait till tommorow casue Ive been composing music alld ay and I can't be bothered with writing to much at the moment my creative energy has been sucked dry it seems.

I'll start reviweing stuff in a bit guys. untill then adios!

btw back trakc to the last page people and Read what i posted for my story please comments will be greatly appreciated.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 15:50:29

i dont know if i should post my dude here here for the WOR or tommorow at the accual post. if any wants to see it i spent a week making

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 15:58:44

At 3/12/05 03:50 PM, VOTE_4_PEDRO wrote: i dont know if i should post my dude here here for the WOR or tommorow at the accual post. if any wants to see it i spent a week making

Post it tomorrow in the actual thread. But if you really want to post it now then there won't be much harm in it I suppose.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 17:16:40

At 3/12/05 02:54 PM, WithoutCease wrote: So, Myst.. I guess my suggestion for WOR is gone?

I forget what it was? I just really liked Manic's is all.

At 3/12/05 03:14 PM, -Manic- wrote: Myst I'll sort out the WoR stuff if you want but either wya it'll wait till tommorow casue Ive been composing music alld ay and I can't be bothered with writing to much at the moment my creative energy has been sucked dry it seems.

Well you dont have to, i got this whol week off, i just figured since its your idea you'd be able to write a better history and intro to the new world and RP... i dont know much about it, so when iwas thinking about writing it up, i wasnt sure what to say. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-12 17:19:05

At 3/12/05 05:16 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Well you dont have to, i got this whol week off, i just figured since its your idea you'd be able to write a better history and intro to the new world and RP... i dont know much about it, so when iwas thinking about writing it up, i wasnt sure what to say. lol.

lol don't worry about it. I'll sort it out tommorow.

Btw backtrack and read what I posted on the last page please I need opinions and reviews :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-13 09:11:49

At 3/12/05 05:19 PM, -Manic- wrote: lol don't worry about it. I'll sort it out tommorow.

Make sure you post in here to let people know you started it back up and the RPG Society. These two clubs alone should gather a good amount of members. I am not going to be on much today, i have plans, so i will most likely join tomorrow or late, late tonight.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-13 13:15:59

At 3/12/05 05:16 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 3/12/05 02:54 PM, WithoutCease wrote: So, Myst.. I guess my suggestion for WOR is gone?
I forget what it was? I just really liked Manic's is all.

Mine was a feudal Japanese style.

Magicians vs. Samurais

Early in Japan, Bushido was a foreign art. Magic was practiced most, more than swordsmanship. When the fuedal era came, magic was forbidden and all magicians were executed, while Bushido became the code.
Magicians that survived the "Halocaust" went underground to spread their teachings. Now, the magicians have returned to extracate their revenge.

Something like there's no good or bad guys.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-13 13:45:04

At 3/13/05 01:15 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Something like there's no good or bad guys.

Hat sound spretty good to me. lol I dunno which is better my wets one or that. S'up to you myst i think.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 16:29:16

A little poem by moi. I struggled with bits of it so its a bit rough in places. I like the first stanza though for some reaosn lol. anywya comments,reviews and critques please my fellow wirters I need them to improve so GET REVIEWING!!!!!!!!1!

Eyes are blind to what I do
Ears are deaf to what I say
Actions taken never seen
Words I’ve spoken fade away

Never mentioned, never seen
I’m a never was not a has been
No chance in heaven
No chance in hell
No chance on earth
No chance at all
I always seem to stumble then fall.

One of these days I’ll be noticed
One of these days I’ll stand up tall
One day soon I’ll pick up the phone,
Dial her number, give her a call

Until that day I sit and wait
All could waiting be a mistake?
Should I spread my wings and take a dive?
Should I risk it all at once?

Or should I wait and not risk looking like a dunce?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 19:21:28

At 3/13/05 01:45 PM, -Manic- wrote:
At 3/13/05 01:15 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Something like there's no good or bad guys.
Hat sound spretty good to me. lol I dunno which is better my wets one or that. S'up to you myst i think.

Well if it hasnt already been decided... to me, it really matters little. They are both interesting ideas. West vs East in a sense, and maybe we could combine the two were Western and Eastern civilization have to unite for better than worse (they seem to be around similar time eras anyway)... would it be too complicated as two? If so, than maybe a vote?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 19:33:30

At 3/14/05 07:21 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: If so, than maybe a vote?

I prefer my story, but anything is fine.

Are you writing the intro, Myst?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 19:43:27

At 3/14/05 07:33 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Are you writing the intro, Myst?

Well the way i was hoping to do it is if we choose youra than you would write it and if we choose Manic's than he would. Then whoever writes it emails it to me and i would edit it over and post it in the format that works for the thread. And than i would create the character profile sheet for newcomers to fill out and then i was gonna start it back up. Of course, though, i would credit the writer in the post for coming up with the idea and everything.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 19:51:19

At 3/14/05 07:43 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: The damn idea!

Sounds good enough to me. Does this talent come to you, Myst, or did you steal it off of some random Martian who wandered into your pant leg to look for food?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-14 20:22:39

At 3/14/05 07:51 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Sounds good enough to me.

^_^ Well i will wait for Manic to say which idea he liked better, his or yours, and if we cant decide, we can vote i s'pose.

Does this talent come to you, Myst, or did you steal it off of some random Martian who wandered into your pant leg to look for food?

lol! That was a weird analogy, but what talent were you referring to? I have many. XD

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 03:31:14

Alrighty, I'm alive :P Not like anybody missed me.

My browser has been acting retarded for the past week or so, maybe even longer, but I got everything all figured out..... so anyway. How's everything with everyone? Good I hope. I should be around to post a poem or two sometime soon. :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 03:45:12

Meh, I threw it together really quickly, might edit it a bunch, add a chorus, and another verse, maybe make it a song.

Into The Night

Hold on
The day will soon be night
Everything will turn to black
The way it should be
I hate the light
So happy and upbeat
It hurts my eyes.

They say the freaks only come out at night
But not a creature is in sight
All I can see is the stars
The black and darkness of an early three a.m.
A sight so familiar
The beauty of the night

I sit here with my pen in hand
I write my emotions on my page
I see the stars
They shine so bright
It takes me away
Into the night...

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 13:28:35

At 3/14/05 08:22 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: ^_^ Well i will wait for Manic to say which idea he liked better, his or yours, and if we cant decide, we can vote i s'pose.

I hate it when people leave me to decide. Personally I'd rather my wild west idea but that's only cause I know it well.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 18:15:57

At 3/14/05 08:22 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: lol! That was a weird analogy, but what talent were you referring to? I have many. XD

The talent to lure a random Martian into your pants with promise of intelligent lifeforms.. Duh!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 20:14:05

At 3/15/05 03:31 AM, -Emo wrote: Alrighty, I'm alive :P Not like anybody missed me.

I missed ya. ^_^

At 3/15/05 01:28 PM, -Manic- wrote: I hate it when people leave me to decide. Personally I'd rather my wild west idea but that's only cause I know it well.

ARG! Well i am kinda feeling the wild west bit myself, but i also think that a couple samurais int it traveliling fro mthe east i nsearch of something wont rui nthe wildwest feel. Maybe a character could take a samurai on and try to teach hi mthe western ways so he doesnt stick out like a sore thumb and get shot.. i dunno, but i personally like both, but like the wild west idea a little better (mostly because i know little about asian culture : P)

At 3/15/05 06:15 PM, WithoutCease wrote: The talent to lure a random Martian into your pants with promise of intelligent lifeforms.. Duh!

lol... that is rated about tenth on my skills list.

At 3/15/05 03:45 AM, -Emo wrote: Into The Night

Like the title already. XD

Hold on
The way it should be
I hate the light
So happy and upbeat
It hurts my eyes.

The 'It hursts my eyes' line seems out of whack with the rest unless it is a metapor i will re-see later in the poem...

You dont live in the city lol.

A sight so familiar
The beauty of the night

I like that stanza.

I see the stars
They shine so bright
It takes me away
Into the night...

I loved the ending stanza, but i feel another stanza should be added in before it. The poem lacks substance at times and seem to have a beginning and end, but no middle. Get what i mean?

I am not sure what the stipualtions are to call something a ballad, but i will call it a ballad anyhow. I like this balld, but i just feel it ran short without throwing me the entire message. I think one more stanza before the last would clean it up nicer, but that is a choice up to you. Good work though.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 20:38:41

At 3/15/05 08:14 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 3/15/05 06:15 PM, WithoutCease wrote: The talent to lure a random Martian into your pants with promise of intelligent lifeforms.. Duh!
lol... that is rated about tenth on my skills list.

I know the first....

The ability to get into my pants!

P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 21:07:28

At 3/15/05 08:14 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 3/15/05 03:31 AM, -Emo wrote: Alrighty, I'm alive :P Not like anybody missed me.
I missed ya. ^_^

At least someone noticed I was gone ^_^ :P

At 3/15/05 03:45 AM, -Emo wrote: Into The Night
Like the title already. XD

Haha, good. I really enjoyed the title too.

Hold on
The way it should be
I hate the light
So happy and upbeat
It hurts my eyes.
The 'It hursts my eyes' line seems out of whack with the rest unless it is a metapor i will re-see later in the poem...

Yeah I figured it sounded kinda, out of place there, I'm gonna be editing this poem alot anyway, it's going to be a song when I'm finished with it, hehe.

You dont live in the city lol.

Yeah I do, I seriously don't see any freaks in my city, it's such a craphole...but no freaks...maybe I should move to the ghetto of my city, haha.

A sight so familiar
The beauty of the night
I like that stanza.

Cool, that was actually the part I felt was the best part of the poem, I felt it fit really well with everything.

I see the stars
They shine so bright
It takes me away
Into the night...
I loved the ending stanza, but i feel another stanza should be added in before it. The poem lacks substance at times and seem to have a beginning and end, but no middle. Get what i mean?

Ah, I know exactly what you mean my friend, I actually wrote this fairly quick, and I'm 100% positive I'm going to come back to it and write some more to it, and fix a bunch of stuff up, thanks for the review :)

I am not sure what the stipualtions are to call something a ballad, but i will call it a ballad anyhow. I like this balld, but i just feel it ran short without throwing me the entire message. I think one more stanza before the last would clean it up nicer, but that is a choice up to you. Good work though.

I never really know what to call my poetry, whenever I submit it to DA I just put it in General Poetry > Open.....lol. I never know what to call it, I guess I'm not a real writer :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 21:11:30

At 3/15/05 09:07 PM, -Emo wrote: At least someone noticed I was gone ^_^ :P

Does my not greeting you affect our relationship?

(

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 21:26:55

At 3/15/05 09:11 PM, WithoutCease wrote:
At 3/15/05 09:07 PM, -Emo wrote: At least someone noticed I was gone ^_^ :P
Does my not greeting you affect our relationship?
(

Of course not....if I knew who you were =\

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 21:31:03

At 3/15/05 09:26 PM, -Emo wrote: Of course not....if I knew who you were =\

I'm that guy who slams your face into the urinal in school 'cause your emo. Duh!

lol.. jp.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 21:35:50

At 3/15/05 09:31 PM, WithoutCease wrote:
At 3/15/05 09:26 PM, -Emo wrote: Of course not....if I knew who you were =\
I'm that guy who slams your face into the urinal in school 'cause your emo. Duh!

lol.. jp.

Everyone's always so mean to us emo kids :'( lol

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 22:46:56

I'm in. I write lots........But I don't finish if school/Captain Planet Pupet pals needs doing.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 23:17:23

At 3/15/05 10:46 PM, SoulAsylum wrote: I'm in.

Great stuff.

I write lots........

Post your literacy then, and hopefully your grammar is not that bad. lol.......... ^_^

But I don't finish if school/Captain Planet Pupet pals needs doing.

Huh? I didnt understand that for some reason. Maybe it is because i am so tired.

Night All!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-15 23:27:20

I would like to join the writer's guild. I do enjoy writing, though I am by far, no proffesional.