00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAILMAN48 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,009,926 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 16:04:23

At 5/24/07 06:34 PM, AlexJS wrote: Sure. You knew about the Gooey Bomb, and my name is Congo Billy. And it's not.

I said they haven't really as in, not much....Congo Billy would be cool, man what you talkin' bout'?

He can, uh, hover... Supposedly he's faster, I guess. I wonder what his B attacks will be like.

Uh...uh.....uh..............Awesome!

Some new info has been released here.
Apparently, Pit's bow can be separated as two blades. You can also control the trajectory
of his arrows. Has this information been previously mentioned before today?

Well no it hasn't, I read about that a while back though, not too sure if anyone has as well, and not from the Dojo site

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 16:16:20

At 5/25/07 04:04 PM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
At 5/24/07 06:34 PM, AlexJS wrote: Sure. You knew about the Gooey Bomb, and my name is Congo Billy. And it's not.
I said they haven't really as in, not much....Congo Billy would be cool, man what you talkin' bout'?

Sarcas, my friend. Ever watch Courage the Cowardly Dog when you were younger? But lets not get into that.

He can, uh, hover... Supposedly he's faster, I guess. I wonder what his B attacks will be like.

It depend if I'm right about every character having 2 styles of play.

Some new info has been released here.
Apparently, Pit's bow can be separated as two blades. You can also control the trajectory
of his arrows. Has this information been previously mentioned before today?
Well no it hasn't, I read about that a while back though, not too sure if anyone has as well, and not from the Dojo site

Yeah, old new. Except the part about trejectory of the arrow.

Also, a Bombling is a bomb that "walks" forward once it's placed. It's from Twilight Princess.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 16:24:39

At 5/25/07 03:46 AM, supyohos123 wrote: Some new info has been released here.
Apparently, Pit's bow can be separated as two blades. You can also control the trajectory of his arrows. Has this information been previously mentioned before today?

The blade separating into two, yes. The "controlling the trajectory of the arrow" no. He can also "fly" like Meta-Knight. I imagine it's something like Kirby and Jigglypuff, how they can have more than one jump.

I can understand that they need to put up new characters, but they're going to torture us instead, with just doing stuff on all the old characters. I'm sure they're going to do all the people we already know about, before they release any new information. It sucks. At least we have a new item.......

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 16:31:58

Give them time. With daily updates they'll eventually have to give us something new.

Also, take a good look a the new damage meters. Does't it look like it can fit 4 digits?

Font, I'm guessing Arial Narrow Italic.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 17:11:42

At 5/25/07 04:31 PM, AlexJS wrote: Give them time. With daily updates they'll eventually have to give us something new.

Also, take a good look a the new damage meters. Does't it look like it can fit 4 digits?
Font, I'm guessing Arial Narrow Italic.

Hmmm, interesting. I'll check that out when I get a chance.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 19:23:54

I doubt you'll be able to change pit's weapon, more like it will change by itself depending on what attack you do. but who knows

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-25 19:42:09

At 5/25/07 07:23 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I doubt you'll be able to change pit's weapon, more like it will change by itself depending on what attack you do. but who knows

That would mean a time lag between splitting the bow, and the actual attack. Remember Zelda? 2 different movesets. Could mean there'll be more than one character like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 02:01:03

I see theres some good talk going on here. I have news on a personal level though, I am taking a vacation and won't be on Newgrounds too much for a while. If I find time to then I will post but if not then I will post as soon as I am back.

The reason for this is due to personal issues I am facing so my fiance and I are leaving for a while and I just want some time relax and I will not have a computer to use at all.

During my departure AlexJS will take over, if he is unavailable then vet rule will be in effect.

Bye everyone, see you all in a while. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 14:53:58

At 5/26/07 02:01 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Bye everyone, see you all in a while. :)

See you later, Lotus. Good luck with whatever it is that is going on. Ya, I don't see any problem about Pit "changing" weapons. You probably won't have to do anything to change. I imagine that it will be automatic depending on whatever button you push. But then again, I could be wrong. And regarding an earlier post I read, it DOES look like the new damage ratios could fit 4 digits. Interesting........although I can't imagine how somebody could survive to get up to 1000% damage. That would just be insane.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 18:02:10

At 5/25/07 07:42 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 5/25/07 07:23 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I doubt you'll be able to change pit's weapon, more like it will change by itself depending on what attack you do. but who knows
That would mean a time lag between splitting the bow, and the actual attack. Remember Zelda? 2 different movesets. Could mean there'll be more than one character like that.

not necessarily. I mean if you think about it there should be a lot more lag when fox/falco fire their blasters, but there really isn't. They can make the motions as smooth or as laggy as they want.

also, hope things work out ok Lotus

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 21:12:13

Sorry I've been gone for like two weeks or whatever guys. I had finals :/ and projects :(

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 21:16:26

See ya Lotus. Good luck with any problems you may have.

Damage getting to 1,000% or over...

There's only one way I can think of. In previous Smash games, damage ratios have only so far as 50%, or 0.5, never lower. Like that, you could possibly survive until 250%. If they reduced the limit to 0.1, by my math, the critical zone should be around 1,250%. And HP battles would be incredibly long.

It seems plausible. It would nicely suite those 99-minute battles I do on occasion. I'm curious to know exactly how devistating those Brawl attacks are. 40% - 60% maybe?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 21:21:50

At 5/25/07 04:16 PM, AlexJS wrote: Sarcas, my friend. Ever watch Courage the Cowardly Dog when you were younger? But lets not get into that.

Well its kinda hard weren't your'e not phisicly seeing the person....and yeah I did, it was alright. No one continue talking about cartoons mmkay?

I see theres some good talk going on here. I have news on a personal level though, I am taking a vacation and won't be on Newgrounds too much for a while. If I find time to then I will post but if not then I will post as soon as I am back.

I might go to Universal Studios in Orlando around August (we now enter until september) guys, anyone else going on vacation and actually leaving SSB behind for a while.

The reason for this is due to personal issues I am facing so my fiance and I are leaving for a while and I just want some time relax and I will not have a computer to use at all.

You're engaged?!?!? How old are you? thought you were 16 or something............errrrrrr.

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-26 21:47:19

At 5/26/07 09:21 PM, Alexandro-0081 wrote:
You're engaged?!?!? How old are you? thought you were 16 or something............errrrrrr.

He's 18...

It seems the site either stopped updating, or I doesn't update weekends. 'Tis a pity. I guess we wait 'til Monday. I reeeeealy wish we'd get some more info. Hell, I'd take anything in the items section. That'll always be new.

Am I the only one that thinks the Nintendogs item is a whistle? And why is Nintendogs in the Wii library?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 01:47:41

At 5/26/07 09:47 PM, AlexJS wrote: It seems the site either stopped updating, or I doesn't update weekends.

"Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!"

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 10:46:47

At 5/27/07 01:47 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 5/26/07 09:47 PM, AlexJS wrote: It seems the site either stopped updating, or I doesn't update weekends.

I would hardly call 4 consecutive days weekly. Can't they make up their minds?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 14:57:42

At 5/27/07 10:46 AM, AlexJS wrote:
At 5/27/07 01:47 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
I would hardly call 4 consecutive days weekly. Can't they make up their minds?

Its an oxymoron, expect an update tomorrow.
5 updates every week.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 15:49:40

Guys, stop your GOD DAMN BICKERING! Newgrounds is going under because of these damn wars, you of all people should know that Afro-Ninja.

I get to use the internet a little early now, but I'm not letting you guys start a flame war.

And I'm glad for you DarkLotusJuggalo :D Nice that your proggresing through life pretty well :D.

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 16:11:27

At 5/27/07 03:49 PM, Cenetaurman wrote: Guys, stop your GOD DAMN BICKERING! Newgrounds is going under because of these damn wars, you of all people should know that Afro-Ninja.

...What?!?!

I get to use the internet a little early now, but I'm not letting you guys start a flame war.

Flame war? I think its clear to everyone that the updates are now weekly. Relax man, there was no flaming. Don't jump to conclusions.

And I'm glad for you DarkLotusJuggalo :D Nice that your proggresing through life pretty well :D.

I hope he works everything out.

I just remembered, whatever happened to the new NG layout?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 16:47:20

Ack!
Sorry for the double post. I didn't see weekday. I though it just said weekly.

I should've zoomed in on that. Text on a TV isn't very clear.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 18:51:15

At 5/27/07 03:49 PM, Cenetaurman wrote: Guys, stop your GOD DAMN BICKERING! Newgrounds is going under because of these damn wars, you of all people should know that Afro-Ninja.

Settle down man. Conflicting discussion isn't the same as bickering/flaming. Are you saying it's wrong to contradict someone? A key point of any good discussion is debating/correcting/contradicting/questioning

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-27 21:31:51

At 5/27/07 06:51 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: Settle down man. Conflicting discussion isn't the same as bickering/flaming. Are you saying it's wrong to contradict someone? A key point of any good discussion is debating/correcting/contradicting/questioning

yeahhhhh........waht he said! and really Cenetaurman, I didn't see anything of a possible flame war, and of all here in this crew, you a vet should know that sir hehe

Yehhh

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 00:26:28

Alright, guys, let's bring it down a notch. It was a simple mistake that anybody could make. Personally, I thought that same thing too, until I saw the "weekly" yesterday. It's alright, now we all know, so let's just calm down, now everyone, breathe with me *inhales in*, and let it out *breathes out*. Now doesn't everybody feel better? Now, back to Smash, with the whole "1000%" thing, I think that WOULD make stamina mode more exciting. 300 hp just gets too boring after a while. Anybody else have any opinions on how much damage the smash emblems do? It's obviously got to do a lot of damage, but I don't think it would be a One-Hit KO type of item. What do you all think?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 00:59:42

At 5/28/07 12:26 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: Anybody else have any opinions on how much damage the smash emblems do? It's obviously got to do a lot of damage, but I don't think it would be a One-Hit KO type of item. What do you all think?

Not really sure... when we saw the first trailer for SSBB when mario did that crazy fire ball (or whatever you call it) It was hard to tell if the characters caught in it got KO'd or not. I agree with you, Rocker. It wouldnt seem like a one hit KO item.

Back to the new items topic. If they put the super and poison mushroom in SSBB would the poison mush. have its skull and purple BG or will it stay the same as in SSBM?

Old sig

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 02:45:44

At 5/28/07 12:59 AM, mrazianboi wrote:
Back to the new items topic. If they put the super and poison mushroom in SSBB would the poison mush. have its skull and purple BG or will it stay the same as in SSBM?

Well, thank you. And you bring up a good point. They should change it, so we can easily tell which it is. Most of the time I just stay away from them, because I don't want to risk shrinking.....Or, of course, I can just turn them off, but where's the fun in that? It should change, and they should also....what's the word....update? some of the weapons so that they look better. The Ray Gun, for example, looked like it could use a nice tune-up.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 04:35:24

At 5/28/07 12:59 AM, mrazianboi wrote: Back to the new items topic. If they put the super and poison mushroom in SSBB would the poison mush. have its skull and purple BG or will it stay the same as in SSBM?

I bet it would stay the same. That was part of the challenge. Of course you'd rather be big than small... so when you go running after that mushroom, you better be damn sure it's not a poison one.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 12:26:08

At 5/27/07 06:51 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: A key point of any good discussion is debating/correcting/contradicting/questioning .

I mostly do the correcting and the questioning parts all the time. Debating and contradicting is manly for the General in my point perspective.

Anybody else have any opinions on how much damage the smash emblems do? It's obviously got to do a lot of damage, but I don't think it would be a One-Hit KO type of item. What do you all think?

If it was a one hit ko item, then that would be the cheapest item in the damn game. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 12:52:06

Nothing really good from the site today, just a couple of demonstrations on Pit's moves. Now these I found really interesting.....check them out.

These are a sort of prequel:
Ganon Knows Best
Ganon Knows Best 2
Ganon Knows Best 3

This is how it ties more into Smash Bros. Very good videos in my opinion.
Super Smash Bros Murder
Smas Bros. Murder 2

What do you guys think?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 13:16:05

At 5/27/07 01:47 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: "Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!"

Engrish, much?

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-05-28 14:41:15

Damn my inablility to quote.

The Brawl Badge, I think is its offical name, probably won't be a 1-hit KO, but maybe certain characters will get a 1-hit KO.

Bowser, Ganon, etc.

I think it might inflict upwards of 50%, into the 100's% with fighter packing more punch. Just a prediction.

Poison Mushrooms will most likely retain it's resemblance to the Super Mushroom. You won't exactly chase down an item with bad effects, would you?

Looks like they went into more detail about Pit's moveset. I'm starting to think that's a very fast moving arrow with some high attack power (15% maybe?) with a smaller range than, say Link.

An angel that can't fly? WTF?!

BBS Signature