00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Up in Smoke Cafe

1,773 Views | 8 Replies

Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:07:05

In Hamilton Ontario, the 1st marijuana cafe has been opened for about a week or so. You go in with your own..."products" and smoke in there. It resembles alot of the coffee shops in Amsterdam. By that I mean all weed, no coffee. However, the dream seems to be going down. Yesterday the police made their first arrest in relation to the Up in Smoke Cafe. They arrested a 76 year old woman and charged her with possession of a narcotic substance. Wait...hold on a minute. They arrested a 76 year old woman? Yep...that's right. Oh police, what will you do next?

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:27:45

At 8/31/04 09:07 AM, mighty_potato wrote: In Hamilton Ontario, the 1st marijuana cafe has been opened for about a week or so.

wow isnt this a pile of bullshit. You dumbfuck marijuana isnt legal you know! Not here in canada. wait a second... are u telling me marijuana became legal yeah right, last time i checked they were far from it!

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:33:54

At 8/31/04 09:07 AM, mighty_potato wrote: In Hamilton Ontario, the 1st marijuana cafe has been opened for about a week or so. You go in with your own..."products" and smoke in there. It resembles alot of the coffee shops in Amsterdam.

Apart from in amsterdam you buy your shit in there, and they give out free papers, free roach, and have high quality but cheap stuff.

By that I mean all weed, no coffee.

Weed? WEEED? No man most of the shit you will find in amsterdam will be High Grade Skunk. There are some weeds there. Bit of Thai, and there are some really good slabs of hash too. But Skunk is what is smoked.

However, the dream seems to be going down. Yesterday the police made their first arrest in relation to the Up in Smoke Cafe. They arrested a 76 year old woman and charged her with possession of a narcotic substance. Wait...hold on a minute. They arrested a 76 year old woman? Yep...that's right. Oh police, what will you do next?

Sounds like the Western world to me (america/canada) - my friends got a years probabtion and 3 drug tests or something for having 1 joint on them. how gay is that?

Over here they quite often don't take ur shit off you unless they suspect you of dealing. Its not quite as relaxed as amsterdam yet but England is progressing in the right direction at least.

And you know.. because of America... Holland may soon not have those Coffee shops, because america has been putting the pressure on the world that its a bad thing.

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:41:27

At 8/31/04 09:27 AM, RedRainDrop wrote: wow isnt this a pile of bullshit.

http://www.upinsmokecafe.ca/

Pile of bullshit eh? Next time, believe the guy that lives in Hamilton.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:47:52

ok this is really hard to understand. could you further explain it? pot is still illegal yet they are promoting and illegal place on the internet!? Please explain..

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 09:56:17

Lol they posted about it on the internet, and expected not to get in trouble? How is that place still open?

There have been a few in the uk that sell pot.. they got shut down hehe... we need something to kill people in this country over 50.. or mb even over 40 (sorry dad, i know u toke but its for the good of all) because u will find the further and further u go down the generation line u get more and more people that smoke pot, but not only that.. you get more and more people that dont smoke pot and don't have a problem with it.

They seem to understand that its peoples own body to do what they want to. And are okay with them doing it. I'll shut up before i go off on a long one.

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 10:41:55

Potato dude, that's sad, only one now in Hamilton? I mean how many open in Vancouver, comon, Canada has a rep to try and keep, heheh ;)

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 11:23:16

At 8/31/04 10:41 AM, Admiral8Q wrote: Potato dude, that's sad, only one now in Hamilton? I mean how many open in Vancouver, comon, Canada has a rep to try and keep, heheh ;)

well im american and i have no problem with canada and think it kicks ass but every other american seems to think it sucks because its above us and its obvious the next post is goin to be some dumbass american saying "canada has a rep?" if you ask me its sad

Response to Up in Smoke Cafe 2004-08-31 22:03:33

Your right that its not leagal.. and stop calling it weed. People don't smoke shitty weed there. They smoke High Grade Skunk.

It is not legal, but tolerated, basically all the coffee shops have to register with the police, and register their suppliers and everything like that... any dealing done on the street is frowned upon. The keep it official, they keep it high grade, and its damn cheap too :)