00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PancracioChoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Total Listing

68,592 Views | 1,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 07:24:29

Well, I tried to get the update posted this morning, before I went to bed. However, the VP part of the program is giving me troubles, and I just restarted the stupid thing again. It won't finish until 10AM CST, but I'm going to sleep now, and I probably won't wake up until 3PM CST, so it'll be a little while until you get to see a VP list. Stupid program...

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 09:52:56

At 10/7/04 09:16 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote:
Nah, it's not really an insult, it's more of a dig. One reason is that my AIM buddy icon is a Lord of the Rings pic, so he probably felt inclined to use it against me. He's still a little miffed that I was ahead of him in B/P's (he's 8 ahead of me at the moment, but that shouldn't last long).

Ok, i was just wondering, because you prolly know im a huge J.R.R. Tolkien fan, and if he was dissing him i was about to jumpo in and give him a verbal lashing :)

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 19:23:56

Well, I had originally intended to have this update posted much earlier this morning, but I was having some problems with the new VP listing. However, I have fixed these problems, and posted the lists as usual. Today marks the first Experience and B/P Alt Sort updates with the new profile list, and the first Voting Power list. Rank #501 for the VP list has a voting power of 7.20, so anybody currently below that point on gfoxcook's list will soon be cut off of his list. Anywho, enjoy the update!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 19:39:43

At 10/10/04 07:38 PM, BonusStage wrote: heh the coolest part is, i checked it only 5 mins ago, saw it was updated and checked out all my stats, quicker than site's creator it seems <3

Oh really? Check the level-up lounge. He posted something about his update. ZING!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 19:44:16

Great job as always. Sorry to hear about your coding woes...

Goddamit, but that MPA can shift! Still, happy with 2nd to that.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 19:48:46

At 10/10/04 07:41 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 10/10/04 07:39 PM, EKRegulus wrote: Oh really? Check the level-up lounge. He posted something about his update. ZING!
silly n00b, my comment has nothing to do with either of his posts, i checked it before he made either ;P

Well, if I posted my update messages before I finished uploading everything, then I'd have people complaining that pages weren't working. It takes me a few minutes to make sure everything has uploaded correctly before I can post these BBS messages. For your information, I have to upload to 10 different servers for the weekend updates. So ZING!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 19:56:29

At 10/10/04 07:48 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote:
Well, if I posted my update messages before I finished uploading everything, then I'd have people complaining that pages weren't working. It takes me a few minutes to make sure everything has uploaded correctly before I can post these BBS messages. For your information, I have to upload to 10 different servers for the weekend updates. So ZING!

Did you post your "message" (it was just a sentence) in the level-up lounge before you were sure that everything was uploaded correctly? If yes, then you don't even listen to yourself:O If not, then ... ummm .. you did the right thing. Quit copying me! Same experience, had the same vp before I ranked-up, used ZING, etc.

I'm going to find an original reply because ZING gets old but you can't copy me or I will curse your computer.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 20:02:00

At 10/10/04 07:56 PM, EKRegulus wrote: Did you post your "message" (it was just a sentence) in the level-up lounge before you were sure that everything was uploaded correctly? If yes, then you don't even listen to yourself:O If not, then ... ummm .. you did the right thing.

Heh, you're getting pwned. I posted the LUL comment 3 minutes after my official update message in this thread. Methinks you should have checked timestamps before you posted a message ;-)

Quit copying me! Same experience, had the same vp before I ranked-up, used ZING, etc.

Quit copying me! Same experience, had the same vp before I ranked-up, used ZING, etc.

I'm going to find an original reply because ZING gets old but you can't copy me or I will curse your computer.

Curses, curses!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 21:53:40

At 10/10/04 08:02 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote:
Quit copying me! , had the same vp before I ranked-up,

WRONG, we had the same vp before I had 6000 b/p pts so we both had between 5000 and 6000 b/p pts. Since then, you didn't rank-up. Read my sentence before pasting it because it might not makes sense.

You never used ZING before the 2 previous posts.

heh Your joke didn't work very well. You can't curse my computer, I alre ady cursed it myself AH! :D

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 21:56:56

At 10/10/04 09:53 PM, EKRegulus wrote: WRONG, we had the same vp before I had 6000 b/p pts so we both had between 5000 and 6000 b/p pts. Since then, you didn't rank-up. Read my sentence before pasting it because it might not makes sense.

You never used ZING before the 2 previous posts.

heh Your joke didn't work very well. You can't curse my computer, I alre ady cursed it myself AH! :D

You're kidding, right? I was just reposting what you posted, because you told me not to copy you. I didn't actually mean anything in those last two reply chunks. o.O

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 22:26:29

At 10/10/04 09:56 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote: You're kidding, right? I was just reposting what you posted, because you told me not to copy you. I didn't actually mean anything in those last two reply chunks. o.O

I know you don't. It's just amusing to bash you :P I'm sure that proving me wrong gives you the same satisfaction.

btw, I checked the site before you posted here (I'm serious, I stopped to count how many times I watched my stats in your site :O ) and the new voting power list is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

What will be in the change column? Number of ranks gained/lost AND the difference between the voting power of the previous update and the current update? I just want to be sure that both change coloums will be there on the next update.

I didn't know I was that far from the top500. I need 2 rank-ups AND vp from constant experience deposits to get there. The torture just never stops :( .. oh wait increasing my stats is fun. I must enjoy torture o_O

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 23:10:46

Nice update, am I the first to get blue?

At 10/10/04 07:44 PM, Denvish wrote: Goddamit, but that MPA can shift! Still, happy with 2nd to that.

Heh I've never been told I can shit before.
I didn't expect to see you that high up the list, nice pace as of late.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-10 23:15:04

At 10/10/04 11:10 PM, MPA wrote: Heh I've never been told I can shit before.

Nice typo MPA, way to be awesome at posting.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-11 00:14:13

At 10/10/04 10:26 PM, EKRegulus wrote: What will be in the change column? Number of ranks gained/lost AND the difference between the voting power of the previous update and the current update? I just want to be sure that both change coloums will be there on the next update.

The first "change" column (the one that says "NEW" right now) will be rank changes, while the second "change" column (the blank one) will be change in VP between updates.

I didn't know I was that far from the top500. I need 2 rank-ups AND vp from constant experience deposits to get there. The torture just never stops :( .. oh wait increasing my stats is fun. I must enjoy torture o_O

Well, the top 500 didn't used to be so far away on gfox's list, but he had a few holes in it.

At 10/10/04 11:10 PM, MPA wrote: Nice update, am I the first to get blue?

Sorry dude, but last week's update had another "blue":

At 10/3/04 07:10 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote: * We finally had a "blue" member on the Blam/Save Alt Listing: IAmNone got 423 blam/save points in 80 hours, or 5.288/hr, driving him up to Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel. Congrats!
Heh I've never been told I can shit before.

OMG, me neither!

I didn't expect to see you that high up the list, nice pace as of late.

I actually managed to get yellow on this update, pulling into 7th. Kinda surprising...

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-11 00:19:12

2 Questions SK

1) DId you know that your Mirror 1 Link for Voting Power doesnt work?

2) What are you going to label the people that drop from the 500 VPlist to the 501+ VP? [NEW]??? Or will you just put '-#' or whatever anyways.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-11 00:34:19

At 10/11/04 12:19 AM, j00bie wrote: 2 Questions SK

1) DId you know that your Mirror 1 Link for Voting Power doesnt work?

Completely intentional. I just set up the account, and the FTP isn't working yet. So I can't update the listings. So I disabled the link for now.

2) What are you going to label the people that drop from the 500 VPlist to the 501+ VP? [NEW]??? Or will you just put '-#' or whatever anyways.

Nope, they'll have actual numbers. Just because they aren't listed doesn't mean I'm not tracking them. I have stats on everybody.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-12 03:06:02

I've set up an IRC channel especially for the NG Total Listing. You can go to it here: http://people.tamu.edu/~jbf5609/ng/ngtl_chat.html. If you've got any pressing questions, or you'd like to talk real-time, post there!

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-13 00:15:04

At 10/12/04 03:06 AM, Shat_the_Kat wrote: I've set up an IRC channel especially for the NG Total Listing. You can go to it here: http://people.tamu.edu/~jbf5609/ng/ngtl_chat.html. If you've got any pressing questions, or you'd like to talk real-time, post there!

Well, tonight I noticed that your chat channel was down. I hope it comes back up. What fun we could have!!!

By the way, I am going to download the mIRC stuff tonight and get it set up. The mIRC installation link that you gave me seems to be very good at helping "new to chat" people (like myself) out.

Also, I came in 3rd today in QuickDraw!!! So it looks like I'll be getting a half-eaten third place cookie tonight!!! Hey, any cookie is better than no cookie ^_^

NG Total Listing

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-13 19:05:28

I have a suggestion sk. You should raise the minimum required for most of your lists. I know that space isn't an enormous problem for you but below a certain amount of exp, b/p, etc. It's just unecessary to keep those stats from users that never check your lister.

experience : 450pts (level 9) or more
b/p: 500 pts people below that aren't dedicated to blamming/protecting or they just started
voting power: over 5, anything below that is easy to get
reviews response rate: bring it back to over 200, I'm not even close to that minimum and I won't whine.

As for the ng quick draw, I would suggest you to make a list for all-time depositers and a list for every month just to keep it interesting for newcomers.

Think about it or bash me. Just do something :D.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-13 19:52:02

At 10/13/04 07:05 PM, EKRegulus wrote: I have a suggestion

I don't know about the quickdraw (wrong timezone), but I pretty much agree with the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 05:02:39

I can't get into the webchat either, but it could be my firewall/router that's the problem and I don't really care for irc anyway - just letting you know

Did I miss the update? I thought it was yesterday

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 09:50:38

At 10/13/04 07:05 PM, EKRegulus wrote: I have a suggestion sk. You should raise the minimum required for most of your lists. I know that space isn't an enormous problem for you but below a certain amount of exp, b/p, etc. It's just unecessary to keep those stats from users that never check your lister.

Well, for the experience list, I already recently raised the limit from 50exp to 100exp. I *might* consider raising it again soon if it's worth it. As for b/p's, it's ok where it's at; there's less than 15,000 people listed, and that's ok. VP is set to closely match the EXP list; plus, there's no built-in NG ranking for VP, so nobody can automatically find their ranking.

experience : 450pts (level 9) or more

That's up for possible consideration...

b/p: 500 pts people below that aren't dedicated to blamming/protecting or they just started

I'm actually going to leave that where it's at for the moment. If I raise it up too high, then my list becomes too much like D0GMA's EGRL.

voting power: over 5, anything below that is easy to get

I'll probably keep VP connected to experience (whatever VP you would get for 450exp or whatever I raise it to).

reviews response rate: bring it back to over 200, I'm not even close to that minimum and I won't whine.

I'll try leaving it at 200 for now, mainly because I don't like only having 650 profiles to list. 100 reviews is still a considerable number.

As for the ng quick draw, I would suggest you to make a list for all-time depositers and a list for every month just to keep it interesting for newcomers.

If I do anything like that, it would have to wait until I computerize that list. I wouldn't dare try to do anything like that right now; it already takes me 15 minutes to hand-edit the list, and I don't like the idea of spending 30 minutes.

At 10/14/04 05:02 AM, Denvish wrote: I can't get into the webchat either, but it could be my firewall/router that's the problem and I don't really care for irc anyway - just letting you know

Eh, just an idea. I recently got started in IRC myself, and thought it was a neat idea.

Did I miss the update? I thought it was yesterday

It was supposed to be yesterday, but I was having problems with the RRR list and my internet connection bogging down. By the time everything started going again (I've made the RRR list weekly instead of bi-weekly), I went to bed for some MUCH needed rest. But, I just posted yesterday's update, so it's there now.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 10:05:34

At 10/14/04 09:50 AM, Shat_the_Kat wrote: It was supposed to be yesterday, but I was having problems with the RRR list and my internet connection bogging down. By the time everything started going again (I've made the RRR list weekly instead of bi-weekly), I went to bed for some MUCH needed rest.

Fair enough. Could do with some of that myself. Bloody kids...

But, I just posted yesterday's update, so it's there now.

Blimey, glad to be #1 but VERY surprised I'm the only one in the red. Thought at least MPA and possibly BonusStage (who's been a real challenge to pass) would be up there too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 15:44:20

I only gained one spot this time.
But within the next 150 points, theres about 3 inactives =)

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 15:44:33

Mr_Fluffykins 321 +17 4111 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant 176 2.228 20.6

wow first time getting green!

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-14 23:21:29

At 10/14/04 03:44 PM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: Mr_Fluffykins 321 +17 4111 Elite Guard Staff Sergeant 176 2.228 20.6

wow first time getting green!

Congratz

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-15 23:23:49

At 10/14/04 10:05 AM, Denvish wrote: Blimey, glad to be #1 but VERY surprised I'm the only one in the red. Thought at least MPA and possibly BonusStage (who's been a real challenge to pass) would be up there too.

I've been having a little bit of RL bullshit lately, it's getting on my nerves. Congrats on being on top though, you've picked up the pace quite nicely.

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-16 00:01:35

lol i suck at quike draw

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-16 00:04:03

At 10/16/04 12:01 AM, Mr_Fluffykins wrote: lol i suck at quike draw

I planned on getting it tonight, but I didnt even realise that I had waited to long, roffle.

When I thought 'I should deposit soon', it was already 12:00:30...
ugh....

Response to NG Total Listing 2004-10-16 11:07:50

At 10/4/04 05:45 PM, Shat_the_Kat wrote:
At 10/4/04 05:43 PM, --delteated-- wrote: I hate to be a pedant, SK, but you keep spelling deity wrong :(
O.O

Aw crap! I'll have to re-do NGLister, then! I spelled deity wrong throughout that entire program! ERRRRRR........

ha ha! What fun, what fun. That'll show me for missin' out.

Anywho... I just felt that I should mention that almost 2 weeks later the whistle area of your main NG Total Listing webpage still says "diety," SK. JSYK. O_o

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature