00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

IGN AH Coverage

8,245 Views | 76 Replies
Respond to this Topic

IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:47:46

IGN just posted a very positive progress report on Alien Hominid! They said a lot of great things about AH, and the only complaints they have center around issues that have been resolved since their build was sent out!

Check out the IGN AH PROGRESS REPORT!

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out the AH Gamespace on Gamespot, complete with developer interview!

Today I continued updating old pages with the new layout. It has been a very aggressive week. I also posted series pages for Weebl and Bob as well as Kegel!

The video game parody pages need major updates. I finally added a few exceptional works to the Megaman page. Be sure to watch those first three if you've never seen them!

Only six days left to deposit your points and enter our monthly contest to win a game console of your choice!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:49:51

Im Glad AH is doing so well.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:52:19

Woah, Tom you sure have been busy!

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:53:23

Figures its positive feedback, its an excellent game!

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:54:43

great job Tom.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 18:57:02

At 8/25/04 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Today I continued updating old pages with the new layout. It has been a very aggressive week. I also posted series pages for Weebl and Bob as well as Kegel!

Vote pages have been updated, but have a couple of issues. One I mentioned before was that the flash buttons do NOT consistently load a refreshed copy of the target page. I can get back to the Portal page fine, I just have to hit refresh every time I get there to ensure that I haven't missed out on new entries.

The "stamperized" layout on the Vote page needs to get tweaked ... it constantly flashes a white screen before grabbing the images to put on it. The PID screens start out with the grey background, and the Vote screens need to do so as well. The strobing from that is already giving me a headache.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:04:09

Awesome. That's cool such a small game is betting so much attention. I hope it sells well.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:07:08

At 8/25/04 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check out the IGN AH PROGRESS REPORT!

That is quite exciting. I remember when AH came out as just a flash game. Played it a few times, forgot about it... Now it's feels like an old high school chum that you've lost touch with has suddenly become the hottest new celeb...

Okay, not exactly, but you get the drift. Part of the progress report said a little something that was definitely UFA related. Heh, go read it now!

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:18:28

At 8/25/04 06:57 PM, D0GMA wrote:
Vote pages have been updated, but have a couple of issues. One I mentioned before was that the flash buttons do NOT consistently load a refreshed copy of the target page. I can get back to the Portal page fine, I just have to hit refresh every time I get there to ensure that I haven't missed out on new entries.

I also have this problem, and it starting to really annoy me. Sometimes i forget, and sit waiting for a few minutes, then refresh only to be hit with 11 new submission i havent voted in.

Otherwise, the updates are looking great, the site is progressing nicely and AH is getting the attention it finally deserves.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:26:20

alien hominid is looking pretty sweet. hope it does well when its finally released.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:27:51

Awesom Kool. More work added to the site yay. Just can't wait till the hardware upgrade.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:28:20

Pfft, the hominid's attacks are identical to the ones in Metal Slug? Sound like they forgot about something.

CHOMP!

Dead.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:38:17

At 8/25/04 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: IGN just posted a very positive progress report on Alien Hominid! They said a lot of great things about AH, and the only complaints they have center around issues that have been resolved since their build was sent out!

Check out the IGN AH PROGRESS REPORT!

i knew it would be hard

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:41:27

At 8/25/04 06:57 PM, D0GMA wrote: Vote pages have been updated, but have a couple of issues. One I mentioned before was that the flash buttons do NOT consistently load a refreshed copy of the target page.

That's a browser quirk. I'll try and think a way around it.

The PID screens

The what?

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:42:12

You forgot a really good megaman-zero-sonic-link series. The glitch ones. IT starts out with megamans glitch. Then after that season it goes to zeros glitch. then sonics glitch, then links glitch(currently worked on. You have to have seen them since they have been on the front page

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:50:01

Man, I cannot wait to play the consol version. I was playing AH on the computer the other day with some friends, and we were all like this game is so kickass, I introduced it to a couple friends who are obsessed right now.

I seriously, need to play the consol version of AH, it's going to be insane!

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:50:43

the more and more i see this game, the more and more I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! Hiw much do you think its going to cost? I know itll be like Thanksgiving before I can play it but... I WANT IT NOW!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:53:06

Looks like AH is gonna be one of my new favorite games! I cant wait it to come out so i can kill and maim with my friends (does thaty sound wierd?)

Your reply to this isn't going to be clever or witty, so just put down the internet and go outside.

Seriously Serious

Listen to better music.

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 19:53:46

At 8/25/04 07:41 PM, liljim wrote:
The PID screens
The what?

Portal ID screens ... when you click a link to bring up the /portal/view/XXX page. They flicker all-white for a couple of milliseconds before loading the graphics, while the vote screen runs 1/2 second up to a full second stalled on white.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:03:40

At 8/25/04 07:53 PM, D0GMA wrote: They flicker all-white for a couple of milliseconds before loading the graphics, while the vote screen runs 1/2 second up to a full second stalled on white.

OK, try now.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:10:20

Ok today i just got nintendo power and in the games forcast (upcoming games) there it was, the most beautiful thing that has ever graced my eyes with its presence, ALIEN HOMINID!
im very excited!

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:17:27

Im glad ur dream is coming true tom. im really happy for you, from the old site to making games!

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:23:05

Yay, AH is doing great and you(Tomfulp) updated all the pages. I think

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:31:55

It's nice to see the site finally getting some attention after you have been ignoring it since AH production started.

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:33:16

At 8/25/04 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Only six days left to deposit your points and enter our monthly contest to win a game console of your choice!

Six days!?! Wow, time sure flies when you're 20.

Oh, and congrats on unifying the layout and updating the collections. I hope to see to see the new content and BBS text search fixed.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 20:33:30

OFMG! I just SHARTED myself!!!111ONE1111!1!!!/1

[SHAMELESS TOM ASS KISSING]

*SMOOCH*

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 21:02:01

= P
lots of little NG easter eggs:

Pico Blvd
BBS angry face
UFA

I also love the hitting metal sound effects.

oh yeah remember to but a NG sticker in each box :P

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 21:07:24

aww sweet as hell. ign games reviwed ur game. im gonna go check it out. thats awsome though. must be good if they review it. this is proly gonna be a big game. to bad it's not for xbox, u bastard!!!

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 21:08:29

At 8/25/04 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Today I continued updating old pages with the new layout.

Wow! The Online Store looks great.

BBS Signature

Response to IGN AH Coverage 2004-08-25 21:12:01

damn that sucks