00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs?

932 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm doing a project for school, and I'd really like for it to be on VHS or DVD, or anything besides a computer. Any suggestions?

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-25 17:43:15

dont think it can be done sorry. :(

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-25 17:48:32

If your good at flash you can import your fave movies into seperate movie clips in flash, with their own flash player ofcourse, set up some sort of interface to play these movies separate or all at once and burn it to a dvd.

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-25 18:14:49

At 8/25/04 05:39 PM, TurboBassist wrote: I'm doing a project for school, and I'd really like for it to be on VHS or DVD, or anything besides a computer. Any suggestions?

To burn your movie onto a DVD, you'll need a DVD burner drive. Export the Flash movie to an AVI movie (it's in the Export options). Then use your DVD burning software to burn it to a DVD disc.

To put your Flash movie on a VHS tape, you'll need a video card that has a Video Out (either a round yellow RCA plug or an S-Video connector). Run a cable from your video card's Video Out to the video input on your TV. Read your video card's instructions on how to get your screen to appear on the television; once you get this working, you can plug the cable into your VCR.

To get the audio on tape, you'll need to get a part to convert the 1/8" stereo plugs (your speakers are connected to this port on your sound card) to RCA plugs (like the video plug). You can find this at Radio Shack. Then, run a cable from this converter to the audio inputs on your VCR. Open your Flash movie and set it as full screen. Start recording on the VCR and press Play on the Flash movie. Once the Flash finishes, stop the recording. Voila!

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-26 21:50:14

post flash questions under the flash catigory please

4 8 15 16 23 42

would you kindly?

|N|E|W|G|R|O|U|N|D|S| my antidrug

BBS Signature

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-27 01:28:53

There is another way, but you need:

- An iLink/Firewire port, with cable.
- A video camera with iLink/Firewire, and RCA plugs.
- Adobe Premiere (or other good video editing software).

Export your Flash cartoon to a mov/avi file. Import this file into Premiere. Render it. Connect your video camera to your iLink/firewire port. Choose the Export to Tape option from Premiere. Record the video input signal from your video camera end. Now you have a fresh copy of your cartoon on tape.

Convert as needed with VCR or other tape formats. This usually requies an RCA cord with Video/Audio plugs.

It might be easier just to get a video card and proceed with the previous suggestions, unless you already have these products. but this works, I've done it before and it's excellent. MiniDV records the same RGB as your computer, but converting to VHS will slightly change some of the colors. For instance, a nice sky blue will turn into a crappy neon blue eyesore when converted to VHS.

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-27 02:14:25

or take a cam, and let the computer play the movie while you record it on your cam. blah, easy isn't it.

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-28 19:21:33

At 8/25/04 06:14 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
To burn your movie onto a DVD, you'll need a DVD burner drive. Export the Flash movie to an AVI movie (it's in the Export options). Then use your DVD burning software to burn it to a DVD disc.:

Thanks so much. I'm making a feature-length flash movie and needed to know how to put it on a DVD when I was finished. You rock! Thanks again, bye.

I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM MCLOVIN!

Response to How Do I Record My Flash To A Vhs? 2004-08-28 19:51:57

At 8/28/04 07:21 PM, Michael_Kent wrote: Thanks so much. I'm making a feature-length flash movie and needed to know how to put it on a DVD when I was finished. You rock! Thanks again, bye.

Glad to be of service. ;-D