00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

60,936 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 20:51:45

I am going through supposedly the worst of it right now. It is awesome. our electricity is about to go out but thisis amazing. as a wiccan i must remind everyone. It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. Hope u all have fun riding this out with me. Good Luck 2 all and Blessed Be.

Armand

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 20:56:49

Hurricane charley has pretty much destroyed everything wat im seeing. i see cars smashed into houses, power lines through cars and streets are flooded like hell.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:11:42

my flordia grandperents are lucky to be on vacation here in illinois.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:24:27

Man Im just glad I live in Australia,where there are no hurricanes and people pour rainbows in cups with magical elfish pixies dancing around them....Ok,a little beside the point,anyway,to the people who do live in Florida,good luck and god bless.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:25:24

A couple of things:

1. Generally, hurricane force winds only extend out about 30 or so miles from the center. When you look at a radar imagery or satellite view of a hurricane, most of it is just a breezy rain. Only around the center are there any real devestating winds.
This map shows all the areas that have experienced hurricane and tropical storm force winds. As you can see, the swath of hurricane force winds is narrow relative to the size of the storm as a whole.

2. Charly is moving very rapidly to the north-northeast, and will probably move back out over water as a hurricane.
Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; and Wilmington, NC could experience hurricane or near-hurricane force winds from the storm. As a matter of fact, according to the latest predictions, it could retain tropical storm strength as far north as Philadelphia. (Keep in mind, NGHQ is in Perkasie, PA, just a few miles north of Philly.) The whole east coast is more than likely going to be effected with heavy, heavy rains, possibly a half-foot or more in some locations, as well as strong winds and the possibility for tornadoes.

Link to projected track:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT03/refresh/AL0304W+GIF/132116W.gif

Visit the National Hurricane Center at www.nhc.noaa.gov for more information.

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:34:03

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hurricane Charley is about to slam into Florida and will most . If anyone is in the area of the hurricane leave some comments about what's going on. If you have a digital camera and can safely take pictures, post them with your comments. Good luck to those in the path of this storm.

........and don't forget to post your ng stickers within the frame ^_^

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:34:58

At 8/13/04 09:25 PM, IllustriousPotentate wrote: 2. Charly is moving very rapidly to the north-northeast, and will probably move back out over water as a hurricane.
Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; and Wilmington, NC could experience hurricane or near-hurricane force winds from the storm. As a matter of fact, according to the latest predictions, it could retain tropical storm strength as far north as Philadelphia. (Keep in mind, NGHQ is in Perkasie, PA, just a few miles north of Philly.) The whole east coast is more than likely going to be effected with heavy, heavy rains, possibly a half-foot or more in some locations, as well as strong winds and the possibility for tornadoes.

Keep in mind that we've had tons of rain throughout these summer months..And we're expected to get around 3 to 6 inches of rain from that hurricane.
Alot of places in PAs been flooded or on the boundries of being flooded.
I personally can't wait until the storm hits us(Philly)..I wanna test out the new roof I just got.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:35:15

I really hope everyone survived. Dealing death is my job, no freakin storm!

Hurricane Charly

I GOT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND THERE'S NO REMORSE I GOT BLOOD ON MY DICK CUZ I FUCKED A CORPSE

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:38:35

fuck my brothers in orlando RIght with my baby neice, it's a cat 4 i've gotten so much more scared scince my last post. crap i hope they'll be ok :'-(

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:39:45

well this sucks since my aunt and uncle and 2 cousins live in ocala and are in great danger (flordia = slice thru the middle(ugh))
well all we can do is hope and drink a beer (not to be mean or anything)

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:45:27

Here in Miami it was nothing more than a breezy, cloudy day and evening. Now (21:40 or 940PM) the outer most bands that were over us have moved off and the storm is over Orlando speeding to Daytona Beach

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:46:22

Thank you, Hurricane Charley

Thanks to you, my power went out for a good 4 hours.. and I got to enjoy the great Florida Humidity.

110 (Explitive)'in Degrees.. Accumulating in MY HOUSE.. No Air Condition ofcourse, cause the power is off, thus being so, I find myself constantly trying to turn the TV on.. I made Limeade, just because it was so hot. The water coming in from the sink, was as if I turned the Hot Faucet on.

A tree fell, on my house, luckily for me, it only tore a small hole INTO IT.

Other then that, I blame Wario, for telling me to have a rotten day.. and I had such a rotten day, ofcourse, it had to be worse for some other people, then just me. I wish the best for those closest to this spiral of death.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 21:55:35

Our power just went out. The only reason I am typing this is because I charged my dad's laptop. I gotaa go I didn't charge this long, wish me luck.

Remember the good old days.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:01:43

If your power just died, how are you still online? 56k? Well anyways, best of luck to all those who have to deal with Hurricane Charley. Be safe and don't be stupid.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:02:33

What's going on with this hurricane right now?
is it still going through towns & stuff..
I wanna make an announcement on Radiogrounds.
I hope any NG users in it's path are still fine.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:08:45

I'm in Naples, just south of Fort Myers. We evacuated yesturday to Estero, which is north of Fort Myers, with a higher elevation.

We were hit with 50 mph winds even their as Charlie slammed into Sannibel. Back at home, a tree smashed into the house next door, our pool flooded, and a house nearby (being built) was torn to pieces.

Also, their is a lot of looting in the area. My friends at Purgatory would like to remind you to donate to a nearby rescue fund for our fellow Floridians.

Check http://www.weather.com for more updates.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:09:37

Lucky me, the only thing that happens here is skin cancer!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:12:28

At 8/13/04 04:00 PM, bumcheekcity wrote: Is Hurricane Charley a big one? (You know, for a hurricane)

i believe right at this moment it's a catagory 2 or 3.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:19:37

thats wierd, i never heard about this hurricane. maybe its because i live in arizona where no hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes hit.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:26:02

At 8/13/04 10:19 PM, homer6 wrote: thats wierd, i never heard about this hurricane. maybe its because i live in arizona where no hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes hit.

yeah, instead you have blackouts and brownouts.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:31:03

At 8/13/04 10:26 PM, MussoliniClock wrote:
At 8/13/04 10:19 PM, homer6 wrote: thats wierd, i never heard about this hurricane. maybe its because i live in arizona where no hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes hit.
yeah, instead you have blackouts and brownouts.

not very often. almost never

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:34:07

i'm just worried that if the storm goes out into the gulf stream, it will pick up power and maybe even (god forbid) a horrid catagory 4 or even a 5. god i hope that doesn't happen, and that it dissipates before it hits here.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:38:00

Im in Central Florida.

Not much really happened here....just some rain and wind.

So yea...but I know a lot of other places in Florida had it much worse...Im just glad im in Central :D :(

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:44:57

Ft Myers was hit very hard. It's now a category 1 with about 90 MPH winds and nearing Daytona Beach

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:46:13

the hurricane passed and now there is carnage everywhere. oh well im used to these hurricanes and all it destroyed was my next door neighbors house.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:47:07

At 8/13/04 04:00 PM, kingofign wrote: just don't die, Tom

you may have gotten the impression that wade and tom live in florida, but you are mistaken, they are safe and out of the way in Philidephia (sp)

wade, hats off too you. yet again you have shown your a classy guy. and i shure hope that someone is able to give us an update (with piture) from the inside

i wonder how maney member there are from florida?

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:51:31

its spelled with an e wade.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:53:04

At 8/13/04 10:47 PM, cheeselord wrote: you may have gotten the impression that wade and tom live in florida, but you are mistaken, they are safe and out of the way in Philidephia (sp)

We're not that.We're gonna have to put up with atleast some wind and minor flooding from this storm..

The Weather Channel expects us to get anywhere from 3 to about near 6 inches of rain from that hurricane.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 22:56:26

At 8/13/04 03:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Good luck to those in the path of this storm.

I hope they all die a horrible, slow death under a tractor. Too bad stamper doesn't live there any more...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-13 23:05:00

well... i feel extremely lucky because the hurricane came but now the powerful winds are gone and so is the hurricane. surprisingly i didn't lose power at all through the whole thing, and i live in orlando which was suppose to be a direct hit. my internet was out for a couple minutes... thats the worst damage here. i would take pictures right now but my camera doesn't take good pictures at night.

I wish everyone else has the same luck I had