00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Charly

60,872 Views | 472 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 10:31:08

I would expect that my little area would have a bit of destruction, But all I got was some light rain for half an hour. rather funny compared to the rest of the state that got hit. I laugh at that part.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 10:57:18

I totally love hurricanes...well, obviously not the part where thousands of people's homes are destroyed, but I think they look so cool. I really one to see one in real life before I die.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 10:59:17

http://www.local10.com/weather/3654049/detail.html "President Bush declared a major disaster area in Florida, making federal money available to Charlotte, Lee, Manatee and Sarasota counties. "

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:10:24

At 8/14/04 07:11 AM, Darken-X wrote:
At 8/14/04 03:29 AM, wazup190 wrote:
excuse me wade, I dont want to be rude. but in my opinion the U.S. does not spend more of thier money on helping people then canada. alot of the states money goes into the army that they are so well known for. but canada puts alot of money out to other countries. this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. but until I am proven otherwise, I will stick with my opinion.(I AM WRONG!!!!1)

How can you have an opinion on who spends the most? Clearly the US government puts away more money to foreign aid than any other country. Also, according to a recent survey, per person Americans are the most charitable people the planet. Don't belive me? Buy an Almanac or read the Economist.

P.S. If we are talking % of income giving as foreign aid, then your still wrong; Japan leads in that field.

Darken

Aaannnnd....^ You are correct!!!!1 Don't say 'Cananada spends more $$$ on foreign aid than any other country.' Because, your wrong. The U.N. food programs for 3rd world countries is headed by who??? The U.S.A. so none of this Cananada bull shit.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:12:50

At 8/14/04 08:00 AM, F-13_TrashLock wrote: Ahaha now florida people will regret building their house with wood.
Seriously, here in europ, we don't have natural disasters, but we are smart enough to use bricks and make basements.
I lived 3 years in california, visited about 100 houses, all made of fucking wood
Seriously. I don't know if it's the same in florida, but wood is just a gay material for houses.

In Florida, atleast most areas, the land is too close to sea level to build a basment. Where I live dig down a foot or two and what have you got? Water. Past that? More soil. But it would be too costly to make a basement + it would have the risk of collapse because of the water.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:17:31

thank you charley for this wonderful damage in my neighborhood

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:17:46

At 8/14/04 09:47 AM, jadeus wrote: I don't mean to be stupid, but i can't help it... isn't St Petersburg the capital of Russia? I hope everyone who lives in Florida and all of those Floridinian, Cuban.... um.. victim.. newgrounders are okay.

I have a cousin who is in florida , Miami right now.. can anyone tell me about the effects of the hurricane and where it is now.
Thanks.

No. Moscow is the capital of Russia. St. Petersburg is a hell of a city on the western side of Russia though.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:22:38

I have some friends in that area, i will see if they get any good pics and try to post some.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:25:41

I'm very releaved.. the storm just missed where i live. There is a lot of wrecked houses further west though.... A few senior homes got destroyed too...

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:54:11

Just saw the devastation on the news, it's really terrible. My condolences to all who where affected. I know from first hand experience how horrid hurricanes can be. I can only hope that FEMA gets its act together to help out the victims ASAP.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 11:58:19

sigh...
another story of destruction and fish flying literally in the winds-- hope all the ppl and residents of florida are ok. i have seen worse than a 4 level... but these rpretty destructive thingimohbawbberthingymahbobbajigs

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:03:55

it looked pretty bad

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:03:59

Like the portal, the real world needs it's cleansing too. I, for one, am in favor of the hurricane wiping out everyone stupid enough to stay in a trailer throughout this whole event.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:15:01

Just drove down to Universal to drop my roomate off at work. The weather isfreakin' gorgeous outside. Despite the un-earthed trees and debris on the road, it's a perfect Florida morning.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:15:02

my grandpa lives where the eye of the storm hit. I have no idea how he is since the phone lines are down

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:22:10

I have some family located at "St Petersburg, FL". The hurricane was suppose to hit this area directly but shifted. They said they got some rain but that's about it. It's sad to hear that several people died because of this. I also heard that it took off a roof of a retirement home. They weren't able to move these people out so several of them died. This is one reason I won't live around Flordia.

I live in a place where the only problem we have is floods. Altoona, PA is a place where you don't have to worry about too much of the weather. O' and snow is another thing to worry about.

Hopefully this will be the last bad one for the year. But I doubt it.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:28:06

poor old florida....

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:30:07

good thing it didn't hit big areas like hurricane isabel did last year.... isabel was quite a bitch........... it hit philadelphia, baltimore and d.c.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:34:20

Heh I live in noth carolina.... we are going to get hit...

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:53:43

Yea, by what I heard that it's still classified as a hurricane still. It should of turned into a tropical storm since it came to land. It's still devistating. :(

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 12:55:24

Hows the area around disney/univeral doing?
Im going to be there in like less than 24 hours.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:04:18

Isabel was NOTHING here just a little rough wind but almost nothing happened. I know Charlie is gonna hit here hard and if it doesn't it'll just barely miss us. Estimated Storm Arrival : 2 hours
Effing Charlie.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:05:15

At 8/14/04 12:03 PM, blamx0rinator wrote: I, for one, am in favor of the hurricane wiping out everyone stupid enough to stay in a trailer throughout this whole event.

As cruel as this sounds, I have to agree with you. What kind of idiot stays in a place he knows will be destroyed.
Oh and if you don't have insurance then you're really stupid. It doesn't cost THAT much.
Or just don't live in florida.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:08:45

i jus got done chopping up downed trees and clearing my yard. twas intense.

last night in hurricane charley i went outside and ran a victory lap around my house in the hevey rain and crazy winds. Im so proud even tho my mom hit me with a shoe when i cam back inside and called me a retard ^_^

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:23:44

Some of my cousin's live in Orlando and they had a tree fall on their house.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:24:34

I hope everyone is not hurt when this is all over best wishes to you all.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:30:01

hey Carmilla. just a dumb question. i saw some retard post about "omg go hide in the basement".... can you build basements onto your house in Florida? you know, with most of the state being sea level and all?

hope everyone's ok down there. my uncle Bob lives on the east side, near Palm Coast.

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 13:51:24

Well as Wade has already said I hope that everybody in the way of Hurricane Charlie is safe. Best wishes.

P.S. Why the hell is it name Charlie...(What moron named it Charlie lol)

Hurricane Charly

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 14:03:41

At 8/14/04 01:51 PM, ss4_punk wrote:
P.S. Why the hell is it name Charlie...(What moron named it Charlie lol)

Thats what im wondering!

Response to Hurricane Charly 2004-08-14 14:04:39

Bad, very bad.

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature