00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Drdoofenshmirtzevil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

πŸŽƒ πŸ‘» Save the Spooktacular! πŸ‘» πŸŽƒ

3,620 Views | 36 Replies
Respond to this Topic

My previous post highlighted the momentum we’ve been building, so of course there has been a setback!


This week we got hit with a surprise charge of $7,674.00, for a portion of our hosting that we were not getting billed for over the past ten months. This is our mess to deal with BUT I did come here to ask for something.


Please consider sponsoring the Halloween Spooktacular prize fund! I wanted to go big with prizes this year but I’m not gonna be able to do that now.


Check out the 2025 and 2024 winners to see what the Spooktacular looks like. We have prizes for the best spooky movies, games, art and music.


Prize tiers for this year will be introduced later this month but in the meantime, consider using the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me with a heads up that you donated to the Spooktacular.Β 


Sponsors will be listed here, as well as in the announcement post and the winners post. Donations of at least $20 are preferred and if you donate $100+ you can include a link next to your name.


πŸŽƒ πŸ‘»Β Thank you to our current Halloween Spooktacular Sponsors!Β πŸ‘» πŸŽƒ


@PsychoGoldfish - $500

@BoMToons - Play Trick-Or-Treat Adventure on Steam!

@TeffyD - $150

@Aalasteir - $125 - @PhantonArcade @GREENTomFulp @BottleTopBillFanclub @Wegra @SteveMaddenFootball

@LuwanoΒ - $111

@prowlink - $103.10

@olskoo - $100

@rgbpixel - $100

@MalachyΒ - $100

@blgussiaas - $100

@NecotineFiend - $100

@PrettyMuchBryceΒ - $100

@DamnedByFateΒ - $100

@olskooTheHelpingPal - $100

@SikownyΒ - $100

@o5akafeevaΒ - $100

@LordFends - $100

@KittyhawkMontrose and @alsoknownas1 - $100

@53xy83457Β - $66.6

@morushroomΒ - $60

@Superstrike11 - $50

@OviManicΒ - $50

@RepriseAgain - $50

@Jack - $50

@StrangInkΒ - $50

@TeraVexΒ - $50

@ashisoloΒ - $50

@Diives - $50

@GreatSageZero - $40

@CrimsonKero - $36

@Skrunkus - $30

@Theepicosity - $20

@Anamonator - $16

@Satyr-9 - $6.70

@Sovietico - $1


The Best of August prizes will remain the same as the Best of July and we hope to keep them at least at that level for future months. Winners will be announced this Monday, the 14th.


If you’re attending the Ottawa International Animation Festival, look for our sponsor slide before the screening!



I was planning to attempt this with some other festivals but that’s getting shelved until next year.


Update: Thank you everyone who has been coming aboard to support the Spooktacular! Based on preliminary award calculations, it should be possible to win $1k+ if you manage to make a movie or game based on original material that wins both the Best of October and 1st place in the Spooktacular. We can keep going bigger, though!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature
…

Good luck with those bills, seriously. I hope to see some great Halloween animations coming up.

…

Early Halloween Scare!

iu_1666345_10495428.gif


Big thanks to @AalasteirΒ for the $50!


BBS Signature
…

spookee!


An ordinary FL Studio composer. Click at my userbar to view all of my songs!

BBS Signature
…

At 9/10/26 11:38 AM, TomFulp wrote:My previous post highlighted the momentum we’ve been building, so of course there has been a setback!


you jinxed it :(


Man I need a good forum sig

The Flora Club :)

…

uh oh


DISTURBING THE PEACEEEEEEE LOOK INTO MY EYESSSSSS, NOW TELL ME THE THINGS YOU'VE BEEN BLABBING ABOUT BEHIND MY BACK~ THE TENACITY I HOLD IS HARDDDD TO BREAK DOWNNNN IT'S TOO LATE FOR APOLIGIES YOU SHOULD JOIN THE PERSONA COLLAB .NOWWWWW~

DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 19TH!


REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM

JOIN THE SLASHER COLLAB 🩸πŸ”ͺ (BLOOD AND GORE WARNING THIS COLLAB IS RATED M)

DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 30TH!


JOIN MEGA MEME MOVIE!


my wonderful art thread

Forum Signature made by the incredible Vinity

BBS Signature
…

I wonder, if the company that should have billed you is somehow legally accountable for your trouble.


The NG community can pull it off, I am sure.


BBS Signature
…

Extremely excited for the Tank-or-Treat Collab! @PsychoGoldfishΒ is doing some mad cooking!


At 9/10/26 12:04 PM, Wegra wrote:Early Halloween Scare!


Big thanks to @AalasteirΒ for the $50!


All of the headmates got together for this one!


@Aalasteir - $125 - @PhantonArcade @GREENTomFulp @BottleTopBillFanclub @Wegra @SteveMaddenFootball


BBS Signature
…

If I got a sudden charge for nearly 8 grand right now, I'm not sure my heart could take it. That would probably kill me stone dead.


I got a few unexpected charges this month, for far less, so this kind of puts things into perspective for me.


BBS Signature
…

At 9/10/26 01:37 PM, DeaghlanNG wrote:If I got a sudden charge for nearly 8 grand right now, I'm not sure my heart could take it. That would probably kill me stone dead.

I got a few unexpected charges this month, for far less, so this kind of puts things into perspective for me.


Yeah that would def fuck with me.

…

Ooo - spooky! Sorry about the blindside bill. They are the worst, I'll be sure to add to the Spooktacular donations to help out! Also @AalasteirΒ is killing me with these usernames dude haha


Illustrate'n stuff most of the time.

BBS Signature
…

Oof, i really hope you guys find a way outta that financial kerfuffle. i guess you could say, money truly is the Treat, AND the Trick


BBS Signature
…

is amazing soy nuevo acΓ‘ en newgrouds espero pronto participar en sus actividades Greetings from Chile !



Working on my future web CalidadHD!

…

Holy shit that's a brutal charge to get out of nowhere, good luck with those. Can't wait for the spooktacular and I hope it gets enough funding.


Formerly "BlakeyTakeyTheCakey" 2022-2024

UOTD 4/22/26

follow for more memes/jokes that will make your silly ahh lose it! πŸ’―

πŸ©·πŸ’œπŸ’™

BBS Signature
…

At 9/10/26 12:04 PM, Wegra wrote:Early Halloween Scare!


Big thanks to @AalasteirΒ for the $50!


You swapped usernames? Lol

…

Over 7000??? O_O

Geez, on the one hand, glad you guys were able to cover the cost, but on the other...that sucks -_- I hate when a magical bill of that size pops up and expects to be paid, no questions asked.


Crossing fingers the Spooktacular funds can be acquired. If I am able to contribute at all, I will definitely let you know! :D


BBS Signature
…

That sucks, they couldn't even wait for october to scare you guys like that.

I really hope you can get through the charge trouble with no issue, best of luck!


Honestly, I can't wait for the halloween submissions


I like drawing stuff :P

BBS Signature
…

Aaaaaa what?! I guess it's up to us Newgrounders to save Halloween! πŸ’ͺπŸŽƒ


BBS Signature
…

Rent is due and it's a bitch, I'm sorry this has to be this way and on Halloween of all things. I do hope you get all the money to keep this place running. it really sucks.


Don't every give up, fulp, I believe in you!!

…

The people of Newgrounds WILL save this years Spooktacular BET ON IT!


Trust In The Sillies And They Shall Light The Way

BBS Signature
…

I hope I can help in this.


ZombieGhost

…

At 9/10/26 12:30 PM, Luwano wrote:I wonder, if the company that should have billed you is somehow legally accountable for your trouble.

The NG community can pull it off, I am sure.


1st thing i'd do is ask a lawyer if i can sue the billers for not sending the bills sooner.


................................................................................................ Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature
…

At 9/10/26 12:30 PM, Luwano wrote:I wonder, if the company that should have billed you is somehow legally accountable for your trouble.

The NG community can pull it off, I am sure.


That's what I thought too, surely this delay in billing and letting it pile up is wrong in some legal way :/

Tom should be able to sue them for millions of dollars mwahaha >:}


Man I need a good forum sig

The Flora Club :)

…

I'm glad I've been a supporter on multiple occasions this year to mildly help with unexpected stuff like this.

…

Mmm gettin der



Ashes drawn art

BBS Signature
…

Did my part! but Tom's asleep I think so it'll be on there soon. Damn time zones lol

…

Oh dear Fulp!..that’s terrible.. :(


best be advised..once I get paid from the obituaries..I shall also do my part too!..


The blammed never rests..but neither do I..

…

At 9/10/26 11:38 AM, TomFulp wrote:
This week we got hit with a surprise charge of $7,674.00, for a portion of our hosting that we were not getting billed for over the past ten months. This is our mess to deal with BUT I did come here to ask for something.


That’s genuinely even more horrifying than any monster that can pop up in Halloween, I’m so sorry.


… DAMN THAT IS PR- … … … … hmm … *burp* *BURP* … *BRAAAWP* Mmm- Yuh, It was alright I guess-

BBS Signature
…

At 9/10/26 10:41 PM, SpiderPotato wrote:I'm glad I've been a supporter on multiple occasions this year to mildly help with unexpected stuff like this.


It's greatly appreciated, Supporters are why NG still exists!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature
…

I’ll throw some bones 🦴 next weekend when I’m back in financial stability. Just got dun paying two rents.


also first post. Also good mentioning the trick or treat thing. I didn’t know you had to apply for it.


Speaking Halloween here’s a foto of Vlad the impaler at Bran castle from my trip to Romania


iu_1666775_28372.png


None

BBS Signature
…