00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sketchy-cosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game?

139 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I loved grand theft auto 3

But I would walk five hundred miles

And I would walk five hundred more

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall at your door

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-18 13:55:43

While it was the most realistic, open world game of the time, it felt more like an incomplete tech demo than a full game.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-18 17:37:27

I prefer Vice City and San Andreas.

Glacial take, I know.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-18 19:56:22

After having played most of all the GTA games, GTA 3 definitely stands as my third or second favorite.

Tho to be honest it is the one that takes most space in my mind, I just love its vibe and makes me wanna play it all over and over again even being so mechanically shitty compared to the rest of the saga.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-19 04:14:00

Only ever played San Andreas and (I think) Vice City so I don't know what 3 is like.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-19 22:30:35

gta 3 has a feel to it the other gtas dont that makes it stand out in my mind a lot more. since im from the northeast liberty city does nail the feeling down pretty well and the fog adds to it. the missions were pretty fun too before rockstar mucked it up and made later games too damn linear.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-20 15:12:03

Even tho I have only played Vice City and San Andreas, which tend to be more popular and appreciated by most people than 3, I do have to say it is a great game and even a revolutionary game overall. Despite its flaws that I have seen certain people online say often due to the fact that it was the first 3D GTA game and that later title would improve/fix them, it is still held by the fact it was the first time Rockstar tried to experiment the series by taking it into a new world from its 2D top-view gameplay. In the end, the result was a massive hit with a 3D sandbox game that changed the gaming world forever and made the company a household name in gaming. Without it, none of the games I previously said would have existed as well as the ones from the HD era. Plus, Liberty City has a nice somber ambiance.

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-21 11:08:31

GTA 3 was an innovative game for the early 2000's, but hasn't exactly aged very well since, seeing how basic it looked, the game feel in general was pretty slippery and relatively unpolished and the soundtrack being unmemorable outside of the wacky MSX FM and Chatterbox. (Probably the best chat station in all of GTA)

By early PS2 standards though, it was ahead of the curve all things considered.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

I played this on an emulator, it's a decent game to play every once in a while, but feels a little barebones compared to later games like San Andreas and GTA IV. It's kind of obvious to call it barebones because it came out in 2001 but there are a few things like the missions and the CGI graphics that make it feel a little barebones.

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-21 12:16:03

Even though Vice City and San Andreas, which followed, were much better in my opinion compared to GTA 3, I would still say that GTA 3 was a fantastic game that provided me with a lot of enjoyment.

Hello there

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-21 14:46:18

At 5/20/24 03:12 PM, Marc-Ant wrote: In the end, the result was a massive hit with a 3D sandbox game that changed the gaming world forever and made the company a household name in gaming. Without it, none of the games I previously said would have existed as well as the ones from the HD era. Plus, Liberty City has a nice somber ambiance.

SimCopter, Streets of SimCity and Carmageddon did the whole 3D sandbox city thing first.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-05-31 11:45:58

No GTA 3 for my is a bad game of gta

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-06-01 15:11:36

Yes, comparing to other entries (Vice City, San Andreas) it feels like a techdemo. Yes, it wasn't as popular amongst others.

One thing this game has is its own atmosphere. Not sunny hot city of Los Santos (or Vice City), but melancholic rainy Liberty City. It feels very cool, riding on Y2K sedan around wet urbanistic city, while MSX Radio blasts drum n' bass. It's special on its own. But still, if I had a choice, I'd still grabbed and played Vice City (cuz played it in my childhood lol). If it's a chance, I'll consider GTA 3.

badabingbadaboom

BBS Signature

Response to Do you think Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game? 2024-06-02 00:28:13

At 5/31/24 11:45 AM, Flopparey wrote: No GTA 3 for my is a bad game of gta

Grrr this anger me (jk I respecc opinion but me will still think gta tres is a hood classic)

But I would walk five hundred miles

And I would walk five hundred more

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall at your door

BBS Signature