00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1212Jase just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

games that you regret getting rid of/losing

745 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

have you ever regretted getting rid of a game before? or maybe even a gaming console itself, or some expensive and hard to find merch? whether you sold it for some extra cash, traded it away as a kid or perhaps it got destroyed physically. which loss has haunted your mind?

iu_1200783_10924059.gif

when I was a kid I had a very beloved copy of pokemon black, which one day displayed a weird error message and refused to let me boot it up. as an adult I was horrified to find a video where someone who had the exact same error and proceeded to fix it by.. slamming the cartridge super hard on their counter top. it's now a 90 dollar game, and while I do own another copy of it now it still makes me cringe because I'm pretty sure I couldn't find any guides on YouTube to the error and threw my original cartridge away

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-08 12:59:28

There’s a lot of games that I’ve had to let go of because they just stopped being updated to be compatible with newer operating systems. I don’t know if I’m that sad about them, considering how quickly I move on to other things, but I often wonder if they’re back now or if the game studios went under.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

At 5/8/24 12:59 PM, Thetageist wrote: There’s a lot of games that I’ve had to let go of because they just stopped being updated to be compatible with newer operating systems. I don’t know if I’m that sad about them, considering how quickly I move on to other things, but I often wonder if they’re back now or if the game studios went under.

Update: I found out the fates of some of my childhood games, including some of the goofy edutainment ones.

• CreaVures: Is a Steam game now instead of being a standalone app.
  • Timez Attack: Dead. Old reviews suggest it was free to begin with, but now there are free copies available on websites like Archive.org. The website of the dev studio, Big Brainz, is gone.
  • DragonBox: Brand still going strong, with several spinoffs for different school subjects. Is owned by the parent company of Kahoot now.
  • Osmos: Surviving. Website still up and everything. Has a free demo available if you’re curious what it’s like. Is also available on the App Store and Steam.
  • Music Ace: Dead. Website still up but hasn’t been updated in yeeeears. Is available on an abandonware website.
  • Groovy Jungle: Dead. Avid’s website lists it as no longer available. Search results have been overtaken by some song. May have been discontinued when parent company Sibelius (the sheet music software) was bought by Avid, may have been earlier.

This is all interesting information to find out, and I’m glad to see there are some titles still living.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-08 15:42:35

I kinda regret destroying my first two computers.

The Apple II had a loose, wire-soldered RF card that I would insert the metal end into the card slots and see sparks fly.

As for the XT PC: One time I inserted the hard drive cable in backwards...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

i hate my slef for trading in my orange spice gamecube and rare games like skies of arcadia and cubivore for a wii

BBS Signature

I regret selling all those games and consoles when I was around 12.

Super Mario Advance 4

Zelda Spirit Tracks

Scribblenauts Collection DS

PVZ DS

A ps2

Where the most notable ones

Glad I never sold anything else like my DSs or my Wii.

I mean, all those games/systems above aren't that expensive, but it still sucks.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 00:52:02

i downloaded the game later, but i gave my physical copy of pokemoon to my sister and she proceeded to rarely ever play it. yayyyy.

At least i transferred all my pokemon from that copy to ultra moon before i wiped it, but now i have to go through the whole game again at some point.

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 07:49:14

Animal Crossing on the gamecube. I told it thinking I'd never want to go backwards, because Wild World improved on the series so much.

How wrong I was...

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 08:43:35

I regret not keeping a close eye on my ps3 and forgetting what my username and password for my psn account. i didnt really have anything "rare" on my account its just I made so much memories on this game called little big planet 2 and it would be nice to revisit it and maybe even find and message some old friends but i have no clue where my old ps3 is and im afraid that it's in some landfill now. back when lbp.me was still a thing i would search my old profile and look at the pictures that i had posted publicly but now that website is gone and now all of the lbp servers are gone aswell. oh well i guess nothing lasts forever.

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 08:58:41

Every damn one of them. Especially the Pokemon games.

The resale value on them is a joke.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 10:10:44

At 5/9/24 08:58 AM, Chdonga wrote: Every damn one of them. Especially the Pokemon games.

you could not even waterboard me to pay some of those prices. it's ridiculous. pokemon is not worth that much, even if there's good games tbh.

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 10:30:49

At 5/9/24 08:58 AM, Chdonga wrote: Every damn one of them. Especially the Pokemon games.

I don't know who decided bw2 was worth 150$ but it fill me with pure rage. I would say somebody should give them a swirly but I feel like being a pokemon reseller is embarrassing enough to qualify as its own punishment

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

I dispose the game after i finished it or achieved the highest rank

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 11:44:13

At 5/8/24 12:36 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: have you ever regretted getting rid of a game before? or maybe even a gaming console itself, or some expensive and hard to find merch? whether you sold it for some extra cash, traded it away as a kid or perhaps it got destroyed physically. which loss has haunted your mind?

when I was a kid I had a very beloved copy of pokemon black, which one day displayed a weird error message and refused to let me boot it up. as an adult I was horrified to find a video where someone who had the exact same error and proceeded to fix it by.. slamming the cartridge super hard on their counter top. it's now a 90 dollar game, and while I do own another copy of it now it still makes me cringe because I'm pretty sure I couldn't find any guides on YouTube to the error and threw my original cartridge away

For me when I was younger I was vacuuming my floor when I forgot I had accidentally dropped my copy of mario 64 ds. It eventually got sucked up and thrown out and haven't found it since. Also my copy of sonic rush got ruined in my washing machine

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 12:01:32

At 5/8/24 12:59 PM, Thetageist wrote: There’s a lot of games that I’ve had to let go of because they just stopped being updated to be compatible with newer operating systems. I don’t know if I’m that sad about them, considering how quickly I move on to other things, but I often wonder if they’re back now or if the game studios went under.

They might be up on GOG.com or the Internet Archive, depending on how old we're talking.

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 13:18:10

At 5/9/24 10:30 AM, whimsical-wife wrote:

I don't know who decided bw2 was worth 150$ but it fill me with pure rage. I would say somebody should give them a swirly but I feel like being a pokemon reseller is embarrassing enough to qualify as its own punishment

It's no surprise with Nintendo games but for everything else, all it takes is some popular youtube game reviewer going "yep, this game is a hidden gem that you GOTTA get your hands on" and the price will raise exponentially.

Rocket: Robot on Wheels once went for super cheap, but once Nitro Rad reviewed it, you'll now see it ranging from a reasonable $30 to $100+. You really just gotta get your retro games from flea markets and mom & pop shops. Sheesh.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 13:30:02

Probably a bunch of my Wii games, I had to sell most of them so I could save money for the switch

Some of them were really rare though and could probably fetch a pretty penny by now

Kind of a scummy reason I know but eh, these days I can just emulate my childhood faves

NEANIGHT IS OUT

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 17:46:41

Kanye And Lynch Dead Men I Really Wanted To Try The Multiplayer But I Needed The Extra Money So I Sold It

I played the demo for tony hawk's proving ground for years until I finally bought a physical disc off of ebay. I only got to play it for a few weeks before it disappeared ;-;

I also accidentally threw away my copy of warioware: DIY for the ds during a frantic room cleaning. All of my custom songs/games were kind of garbage but it was still devastating.

Not game related but on the subject of merch, I bought a bunch of stickers and posters and stuff from the newgrounds store before it closed down (with some store credit I won). The posters didn't last, they kept curling off the wall since they came in a tube, and after re-taping like a dozen times they'd gotten pretty messed up lol. The emoji stickers are all faded and scratched, the only surviving one is a frowny face on the wall behind my monitor xD My penicorn is still in pretty good shape though :3

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-09 18:36:10

One day, I had too much storage on my ipad, and deleted my favorite games. To my surprise I had no reaction, and for some unknown reason, i decided to test this with my favorite 3ds game. I deleted the data and died. i was pretty dumb

A Pokemon game which I got on a bootleg CD (don't we all) which played like Pokemon Snap (you went around taking pictures) but looked different (had a full blue UI, was PC only). Lost it in a move, never managed to figure out what Pokemon game it was.

An indie game called Contraption which was a 3d game about rolling a ball down to the goal using a variety of funnels, ramps and such. Lost it when one of my previous computers died on me, was missing in all my backups, and also got deleted by MediaFire due to it expiring. Never been able to find the download since, even though you can read about the game here and there.

A physics game where you had to get a character down into a goal using a variety of tools. Think Incredible Machine, but somewhat different. Lost it in a move, never remembered the name either.

A top down 3d adventure game where you controlled a character whom you could make spin to attack. Everything was dark blueish and somewhat cartoony. Lost it in the same move as above, never remembered the name either.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 03:05:05

Not that I really regret it... but I sold all my retro stuff at a garage sale fairly recently when I was strapped for cash.

a few things sold included:

Gameboy Color (and games)

Sega Genesis + Sega CD (with controllers and games)

Nintendo 64 (with controllers and games)

At one point I felt like I was going to collect games and have a gameroom.... but at some point i realized that was soyboy cuck manlet behavior, and I purged everything.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 03:41:39

gave away both a ps2 with a funky snes emulator and a ps3 with portal 2 and black ops 1 in it

:(

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 06:02:05

The PC Gaming Wiki is your best friend to make sure every game remains available.

Jerma985's subtitle editor.

Not deleted, per se, but I deleted my Tomodachi Life save file some months ago.

On purpose.

I was foolishly thinking to my self "oh yeah this will be way easier than manually deleting all the Miis I don't want".

Boy, I was wrong.

I had to start completely over.

And worse.

All my travelers were gone.

Everything was gone.

Months later, I still can't fucking bring myself to play it after basically singlehandedly killing the save file I'd worked years and years on since I was little, making all those damn memories, even making my parent's miis get married.

God I am such a fucking idiot.

I regret it so much.

All those marriages, all those families and couples, all that clothes, food, other items, everything.

It's all gone forever.

My lookalike tried so hard to warn me yet I didn't listen to her.

I got the fresh start I wanted.

... Right?

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 15:30:38

At 5/8/24 12:36 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: have you ever regretted getting rid of a game before? or maybe even a gaming console itself, or some expensive and hard to find merch? whether you sold it for some extra cash, traded it away as a kid or perhaps it got destroyed physically. which loss has haunted your mind?

I don't exactly regret, but I kind of miss the times I was playing Adopt Me with my friends on Roblox. It was a pretty nice, now nostalgic game that I used to enjoy a lot. But as time passed, I got bored of it and eventually quit. I've made some pretty nice memories there though. :)

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 15:49:01

Kirby mass attack and that sonic collection on DS

PUNKS NOT DEAD!!!

BBS Signature

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 22:53:56

The wii ive had for years since i was a young little Ben died last year and im still heartbroken about it. Two games i miss the most personally are mario galaxy 2 and mario kart wii because i was super bent on 100% them. I was super far into galaxy 2 (i was at the point with the green stars) as well as mario kart wii (mirror tracks i believe?), super sad i never got to complete them. Its fine though, next time i get my hands on a wii ill be coming back to those games for sure. Theyre my favs, i wouldnt mind replaying them even if its all the way from the beginning

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 23:04:42

The original GameCube version of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. That is all. Hopefully the remake will be decent, though I know I will annoyed by every little change Nintendo will add/remove to the remake.

Response to games that you regret getting rid of/losing 2024-05-10 23:43:27

I SOLD A SHITON OF GAMECUBE, WII, DS AND 3DS GAMES I COMPLETELY REGRET DOING SO.

IN THAT LIST GOES GOLDEN SHIT LIKE:

SONIC GEMS COLLECTION, SONIC HEROES, SMASH BROS BRAWL, PIKMIN 2, DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS, MARIO GALAXY AND 2, SUPER PAPER MARIO, POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY, POKÉMON SUN, FINAL FANTASY III (3D REMAKE), MARIO & LUIGI PARTNERS IN TIME, SUPER MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED, MARIO POWER TENNIS AND MAY MORE.

IF I COULD BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF LITTLE ME WHEN HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL TO SELL THEM TO BUY NEW SHIT. UUUUUUUUUGH... MAYBE IF HE CONTINUED DOING ART INSTEAD OF JUST STOPPING DURING THOSE TIME AND IMPROVED UPON IT, HE COULD GET TO A COOL ARTSTYLE NOW AND GET MONEY OUT OF COMMISSIONS, BUT NO. HE THOUGHT SELLING HIS GOLD MINE OF GAMES WAS A GOOD IDEA. FUCK YOU LITTLE ME.

Tits dude

BBS Signature