00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite ost from a obscure game

756 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This

Well, mine is the boss theme of the game xexex (Yeah, the name is weird, but the game is awesome)!

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-10 14:20:03

The Grapple Dog soundtrack is incredibly f r e s h and the album art matches its obvious inspiration from Jet Set Radio's soundtrack.

The same artist, queenjazz, contributed to the very huge soundtrack of Hypnospace Outlaw with angsty nu-metal that sounds really authentic to the 1999 setting of the game.

iu_1187567_21089941.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-10 14:59:30

Another thread to shill Spore Hero.

Istg all of the artists where COOKING with with game.

Full playlist because you can't embed playlists

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-11 09:44:14

i’d have to say the soundtrack to this really obscure game called deus ex, no one ever talks about it but the soundtrack goes hard

this signature belongs to an idiot who doesn’t even know how much of an idiot he is, i’m surprised he’s even capable of turning on a computer...what an absolute buffoon

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-11 15:44:42

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-11 18:43:40

Escape from puppy death factory is a classic and very underrated.

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-11 22:25:11

I don't even think anybody here plays this game, but this is practically my everyday soundtrack

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Deception III

King's Field 4 (the whole soundtrack has nice songs)

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 10:27:15

Prinny has a great soundtrack all the way through but this Hey Arnold-core track is one that I listen to pretty regularly.

They went so hard on this one song in particular then the rest of the OST is unremarkable.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 10:46:52

The Mikado versions of the Raiden series have the best ost I've ever heard. Raiden already has good music but Mikado take it to another level.

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 11:44:17

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 13:44:02

I sure do love some LSDDE, this track is really cool and has the iconic guitar sound font of LSD Dream Emulator.

Not the most obscure, obvious from the view count, but still wanted to add!

Don't take me seriously :33

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 14:09:49

Bratz ps1 soundtrack goes hard

Idk if this is all that obscure but I love the spore soundtrack to no end

Neopets isn't obscure but I rarely see the ost for the games get talked about. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I love the Key Quest music xD

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 15:53:27

At 4/12/24 01:44 PM, sleepycarride wrote: I sure do love some LSDDE, this track is really cool and has the iconic guitar sound font of LSD Dream Emulator.
Not the most obscure, obvious from the view count, but still wanted to add!

I never heard this song in game, but, loved from beginning to end!

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 17:15:10

Crystal Crisis has some bangers!

Don't give two sh*ts about what other people think of you. If you have a high opinion of yourself that's all that matters.

not really obscure but the only ost I remember from a videogame for some reason

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpS6Ve4K1stoXNqcR_8ACRyPKrbmgiIzv

Specifically the duel song

At 4/12/24 02:09 PM, wayyward wrote: Neopets isn't obscure but I rarely see the ost for the games get talked about. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I love the Key Quest music xD

key quest experiance be like:

(Player has left the game)

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 18:27:21

At 4/12/24 05:59 PM, Dr-Freebase wrote:
At 4/12/24 02:09 PM, wayyward wrote: Neopets isn't obscure but I rarely see the ost for the games get talked about. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I love the Key Quest music xD
key quest experiance be like:
(Player has left the game)

Oh my god that's a core memory aaaa, either their internet was bad or they were about to lose lol!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 19:02:04

Yess, more chances to share one of my favourite OSTs!!

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars is a really cool 3D platformer with a really cool soundtrack! And nobody ever talks about it! It’s got lots of ambient and mysterious music like this song here, but also some hard rock tunes like the best song in the game imo

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-12 20:57:53

No pods, no casters

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-13 14:37:44

black bird

BBS Signature

Right about now is time to rock with the biggity Buck Bumble. Song goes unreasonably hard.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-13 16:13:07

Both Telltale Poker Nights has really well done covers of all of those IP's that were involved

"Jerry, they put me Super Smash Bros. Melee, and I just got 0%-death by C. Falcon!"

BBS Signature

Ragnarok Battle Offline is a little-known doujin parody game based on the MMO Ragnarok Online, but features side-scrolling action instead. The developers and the composer are actually still around and make games like Melty Blood.

I still love the soundtrack, it's full of stock samples and delay-lama but the compositions and buildups are just so damn good:

BBS Signature

Tubular Worlds OST

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-13 18:03:23

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-13 19:36:06

The Beginner's Guide Soundtrack is really good. Almost everyone who's heard this OST agrees that Va is the best song from it and I find it hard to disagree with the majority opinion.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

I have a couple for me, personally. Hylics and Hylics 2 are games that I wouldn't fully describe as obscure but I feel like for games as unique as them, they feel kind of underappreciated. While Hylics 1 doesn't have the greatest songs in the world, Piano and Afterlife are two songs I really like due to the off and strange vibe they give off. Then Hylics 2 happened and the OST for that game is genuinely great, with some great ass songs like Fancy Meat Computer, Xeno Arcadia, Prevailing Westerlies and Them's Fightin' Words. And in case you want more music with the same vibe, there are two additional albums of songs on the Mason Lindroth (Creator of Hylics) channel designed for Hylics.

The Epic Battle Fantasy franchise is one that I love to death, and I feel that it has gone very underrated. The games are actually free to play on here and even 4 and 5 have ports on mobile, but the 4th games port isn't yet finished. The OSTs, done by Phyrnna/HalcyonicFalconX are really amazing, like Return of the Snow Queen, Blaze of Iris, Fallen Blood and Divine Madness. Hell, one of the songs, Derelict Factory of Twisted Metal, was used in a Terraria Calamity mod trailer and no I am not lying.

sorry i'm here, i'm busy doing absolutely nothing at all...

Response to Favorite ost from a obscure game 2024-04-13 23:31:03

KATAMARI DAMACY

BBS Signature