00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Etwig just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ai generated music is starting to scare me.

1,531 Views | 90 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I know over the past few years everyone has been like "oH nO ai aRt iS gOiNg tO tAkE mY jOB!!!111!!!" and then it didn't, but like oh god. I assume most of you have played around with Suno. The website which allows you to generate pretty convincing music. It can generate the lyrics and vocals for you if you want it to.

I know that the music sounds decently flawed at the moment, but technology improves fast and i'd say in a few months, people won't easily be able to tell if something is ai generated or composed by a person.

Not all doom and gloom though, it has its benefits for musicians like me. It could be used as inspiration or as a tool to check out instrumentation for certain styles. But also it certainly has its negatives.

I don't mean to walk down the streets ringing a bell screaming "The end is nigh!", but it will bring along great changes that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

What's your thoughts? Also, if you've generated any cool things on suno then feel free to share them here :).

"Make a eurobeat song in the style of initial D"

https://app.suno.ai/song/e40bdf84-b110-4751-906d-966498fd515f/

If you read this, you get a virtual cookie

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-07 17:02:20

It doesn't bother me, I make music to express myself. A.I. can't express me for me, that's an untakeable job. Fundamentally, it's incapable of creating art until it gains sentience, at present it can only generate content, because its incapable of a point of view. So only the none artist musicians/producers will be affected.

But because work of an A.I. can't be copyrighted, and companies like to own the copyright on the important assets, I think there's still going to be plenty of work for creatives.

The implications of using it as a sound design tool, that for me is interesting. Any use of it that increases the fidelity of the conversion process, from imaginal to actual, in my eyes is a great boon.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 03:50:44

At 4/7/24 05:02 PM, SkankyMojo wrote: It doesn't bother me, I make music to express myself. A.I. can't express me for me, that's an untakeable job. Fundamentally, it's incapable of creating art until it gains sentience, at present it can only generate content, because its incapable of a point of view. So only the none artist musicians/producers will be affected.
But because work of an A.I. can't be copyrighted, and companies like to own the copyright on the important assets, I think there's still going to be plenty of work for creatives.
The implications of using it as a sound design tool, that for me is interesting. Any use of it that increases the fidelity of the conversion process, from imaginal to actual, in my eyes is a great boon.
Those are my thoughts anyway.

Oh yeah, I hadn't considered how companies can't copyright ai generated music. That'll be a pretty big reason to use a real person for it.

BBS Signature

Suno has managed to create some incredible music when I've tried it. It made some totally convincing 60s progressive rock tracks that blew my mind.

As with image generation, its a useful tool for people like me who aren't very skilled at making picture art, I use image generation to help me visualize the tracks I make. Music generation has one use for me, and that's vocals. I can't sing, and I don't know anyone who can, so using ai to help me there is neat.

What scares me though is when people pretend that they're the "true" creators of this art. Just recently some guy here had his song make it to frontpage and boasted that he'd made it with FL studio but it was all AI. At some point it won't be easily recognizable and many people will post AI music as their own.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 12:29:25

It's sad but you can't do anything to stop it. I've been protesting against generative AI in the past but it never worked and only made me feel more depressed over another lost battle. But, maybe in a few years, when the technology advances enough not to be distinguishable from human-made works, suddenly suicide will turn out to in fact be the answer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 14:50:45

At 4/8/24 12:29 PM, Czyszy wrote: It's sad but you can't do anything to stop it. I've been protesting against generative AI in the past but it never worked and only made me feel more depressed over another lost battle. But, maybe in a few years, when the technology advances enough not to be distinguishable from human-made works, suddenly suicide will turn out to in fact be the answer.

Would you not still make music for the love of the craft? I don't understand why A.I. making music would stop anyone who loves making music, from making music.

BBS Signature

General thoughts:

How this all potentially evolves depends on what models are going to be trained off. Stable Audio's been pretty strictly trained off of audio libraries that they're happy to be transparent about. Suno on the other hand (more popular for now due to 'better' results), isn't stating what it's been training it's model off of, so everyone suspects they're scraping copyrighted content without getting permissions from anyone to do so. How that pans out from a legal perspective over time will be interesting to see.

For what I generally do, it's very unlikely AI-Toolsets will be able to match up to the kind of niche sub-genres, detailing quirks and complexity of some of the content I've already done, and the content I'm working on in the background right now across the course of this year. For others: very case-by-case basis, but I'd say that those who have pretty unique design skillsets, voices and instrumentation will remain resillient to ever being replaced by this. However, people trying to churn out House, Techno and Corpo-BG Fillter content are already in trouble.

How it's mainly playing out now and in the future:

In theory: It's solid for content-creators to get some background music in a hurry for their vids to avoid copyright situations, and there's a humungous amount of possibilities in the future for most of us to take advantage of SFX-generation.

In reality: I've seen with my own eyes lurking within AI discussion & sharing groups about plenty of individuals selling AI-gen'd content either through shovelling it out for sale the usual online streaming & marketplace methods, or charging close to full-rates on commisions that 'traditional human-made music' would usually charge close into the range of (on a per-minute basis). Then they congratulate each other on their profits, while also sharing 'rage pics' of musicians/composers losing work because of it and just have hundreds/thousands of individuals laughing at it. Basically a bunch of grifters who take a malicious pleasure in scraping a few quick bucks merely as 'prompt engineers' and getting one over the 'artists'. Coincidentally, alot of those users are names I remember seeing mass-generating 2D-Art through the earlier models and selling them all as NFT's before that area of the market took a massive nosedive in it's value and reputation a couple of years ago. They're the ones who defend their actions by regurgitating the same old tired counter-arguments of "define 'art'" and "Use AI to your advantage instead of complaining!" (despite not being able to clarify a single valid point how to do so, then throw ad-homs when called out on it).

If you're unwilling to search around for those kind of FB and Telegram groups to witness it, then all you have to do is a youtube search for stuff like suno.ai demonstrations (pretty easy to spot: the thumbnails have the typical soy-looking suprised/shocked expression from the uploaders) and trail through the comment sections of those for some examples out in the wild.

On a lighter note: there's been some pretty funny meme-content coming out of this, so I'd imagine that area to get even better over time.

However it's also worth remembering before we bash the tech entirely, that a pretty decent chunk of individuals have been taking advantage of 'machine learning' based toolsets for the last decade such as with iZotope's suite of plugins like Ozone/Neutron/Nectar, while other vendors are opening up 'Online AI Mastering' options for pretty affordable prices. I've never found the results on any of those to be 'great', but merely 'ok' if you need to shovel something out in a hurry, with the quality of the results greatly diminishing when you're running extremly complex tracks through such toolsets. Those types of complex projects still require an experienced human with decent surgical tools is still 100% necessary to get the best results (which I can't see as many people doing going forwards, since it requires alot of study, ear-training & practice to get 'better' than the existing ML-based toolsets).

Want to get ahead of the curve and still do well with your human-made content in spite of the situation with AI-gens? Get on the album and portfolio-grinds now, carve yourselves out as the 'real deal' while you still can with your existing composing skills you've had for years/decades already, and ride atop the avalanche of AI-Music slop which is starting to grow and swallow those who can't push themselves above the waves.

Albeit we've also got to contend with non-AI issues still and shouldn't lose sight of, such as the piss-poor earnings from streaming services and other oppressive copyright minefields thanks to how the big labels and lawmakers have behaved for decades.

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 21:35:43

In my opinion, AI will eventually make decent music.

music is patterns, and if there is a pattern, an AI can do it.

I'm not saying that making music is easy, i'm saying that AI will be able to make it

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 21:39:05

At 4/8/24 09:35 PM, ironmmlp wrote: In my opinion, AI will eventually make decent music.

idk, I think AI can already make some pretty decent music. Some of the stuff i've heard from Suno sounds like the type of stuff i'd come across on spotify.

music is patterns, and if there is a pattern, an AI can do it.

Yeah, and I think as its pattern recognition gets better, Ai will be able to replicate more forms of art. Illustrations and music won't be the only ones that it can do.

I'm not saying that making music is easy, i'm saying that AI will be able to make it

I have no doubt AI will be able to do anything. In good time, that is.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 21:40:52

At 4/8/24 02:50 PM, SkankyMojo wrote:
At 4/8/24 12:29 PM, Czyszy wrote: It's sad but you can't do anything to stop it. I've been protesting against generative AI in the past but it never worked and only made me feel more depressed over another lost battle. But, maybe in a few years, when the technology advances enough not to be distinguishable from human-made works, suddenly suicide will turn out to in fact be the answer.
Would you not still make music for the love of the craft? I don't understand why A.I. making music would stop anyone who loves making music, from making music.

Yeah, AI can never replace the fun and joy that comes from creating music. But I can see how AI making music may cause some people to rethink picking up music creation as a hobby. A lot of people go into music with the hopes of eventually making money off of it. Not all people of course, but there are many out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 21:43:17

At 4/8/24 06:30 AM, CielOuvert wrote: Suno has managed to create some incredible music when I've tried it. It made some totally convincing 60s progressive rock tracks that blew my mind.

As with image generation, its a useful tool for people like me who aren't very skilled at making picture art, I use image generation to help me visualize the tracks I make. Music generation has one use for me, and that's vocals. I can't sing, and I don't know anyone who can, so using ai to help me there is neat.

What scares me though is when people pretend that they're the "true" creators of this art. Just recently some guy here had his song make it to frontpage and boasted that he'd made it with FL studio but it was all AI. At some point it won't be easily recognizable and many people will post AI music as their own.

Yeah, that's kinda scary. If people are managing to get their songs frontpaged with the ai as it is now, just imagine how tough up must be for the mods in the future. Not to mention when looking for people to scout, you always have to think "did they really make this or did a bot make this?"

BBS Signature

At 4/8/24 09:43 PM, Tangerine wrote:
At 4/8/24 06:30 AM, CielOuvert wrote: Suno has managed to create some incredible music when I've tried it. It made some totally convincing 60s progressive rock tracks that blew my mind.

Yeah, that's kinda scary. If people are managing to get their songs frontpaged with the ai as it is now, just imagine how tough up must be for the mods in the future. Not to mention when looking for people to scout, you always have to think "did they really make this or did a bot make this?"

We've dealt with that one pretty quickly: alot of flags against the audio were raised, it matched the typical artifacts and arrangement quirks expected from a Suno-gen'd piece, they failed to defend themselves when asked for some 'proof' that they've actually made it etc.

Other mods now know what to look out for, with an updating list as the tech progresses. The audio portal users flagging those kind of tracks are also a big help (which we're happy to thank them for plus reward some whistle points for their efforts).

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | NG Audio Iceberg Challenge | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 21:57:33

At 4/8/24 09:50 PM, LD-W wrote:
At 4/8/24 09:43 PM, Tangerine wrote:

We've dealt with that one pretty quickly: alot of flags against the audio were raised, it matched the typical artifacts and arrangement quirks expected from a Suno-gen'd piece, they failed to defend themselves when asked for some 'proof' that they've actually made it etc.

kinda funny to think about.

Newgrounds team: "We have reasons to believe that your work may be ai generated. Would you mind providing evidence that this work is your own? Screenshots or video evidence would be preferred".

The dude: "nahhhh it's all good ay"

Other mods now know what to look out for, with an updating list as the tech progresses. The audio portal users flagging those kind of tracks are also a big help (which we're happy to thank them for plus reward some whistle points for their efforts).

That's awesome. Amazing work on the mod team, I could only imagine how many generated songs they'll have to flag in the future. I always thank the stars that I never deleted my old songs. It'll always show evidence of my improvement over the years. Should come in handy if every AI gets too advanced.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-08 22:18:02

At 4/8/24 09:20 PM, LD-W wrote: General thoughts:

How this all potentially evolves depends on what models are going to be trained off. Stable Audio's been pretty strictly trained off of audio libraries that they're happy to be transparent about. Suno on the other hand (more popular for now due to 'better' results), isn't stating what it's been training it's model off of, so everyone suspects they're scraping copyrighted content without getting permissions from anyone to do so. How that pans out from a legal perspective over time will be interesting to see.

For what I generally do, it's very unlikely AI-Toolsets will be able to match up to the kind of niche sub-genres, detailing quirks and complexity of some of the content I've already done, and the content I'm working on in the background right now across the course of this year. For others: very case-by-case basis, but I'd say that those who have pretty unique design skillsets, voices and instrumentation will remain resillient to ever being replaced by this. However, people trying to churn out House, Techno and Corpo-BG Fillter content are already in trouble.

How it's mainly playing out now and in the future:

In theory: It's solid for content-creators to get some background music in a hurry for their vids to avoid copyright situations, and there's a humungous amount of possibilities in the future for most of us to take advantage of SFX-generation.

In reality: I've seen with my own eyes lurking within AI discussion & sharing groups about plenty of individuals selling AI-gen'd content either through shovelling it out for sale the usual online streaming & marketplace methods, or charging close to full-rates on commisions that 'traditional human-made music' would usually charge close into the range of (on a per-minute basis). Then they congratulate each other on their profits, while also sharing 'rage pics' of musicians/composers losing work because of it and just have hundreds/thousands of individuals laughing at it. Basically a bunch of grifters who take a malicious pleasure in scraping a few quick bucks merely as 'prompt engineers' and getting one over the 'artists'. Coincidentally, alot of those users are names I remember seeing mass-generating 2D-Art through the earlier models and selling them all as NFT's before that area of the market took a massive nosedive in it's value and reputation a couple of years ago. They're the ones who defend their actions by regurgitating the same old tired counter-arguments of "define 'art'" and "Use AI to your advantage instead of complaining!" (despite not being able to clarify a single valid point how to do so, then throw ad-homs when called out on it).
If you're unwilling to search around for those kind of FB and Telegram groups to witness it, then all you have to do is a youtube search for stuff like suno.ai demonstrations (pretty easy to spot: the thumbnails have the typical soy-looking suprised/shocked expression from the uploaders) and trail through the comment sections of those for some examples out in the wild.
On a lighter note: there's been some pretty funny meme-content coming out of this, so I'd imagine that area to get even better over time.

However it's also worth remembering before we bash the tech entirely, that a pretty decent chunk of individuals have been taking advantage of 'machine learning' based toolsets for the last decade such as with iZotope's suite of plugins like Ozone/Neutron/Nectar, while other vendors are opening up 'Online AI Mastering' options for pretty affordable prices. I've never found the results on any of those to be 'great', but merely 'ok' if you need to shovel something out in a hurry, with the quality of the results greatly diminishing when you're running extremly complex tracks through such toolsets. Those types of complex projects still require an experienced human with decent surgical tools is still 100% necessary to get the best results (which I can't see as many people doing going forwards, since it requires alot of study, ear-training & practice to get 'better' than the existing ML-based toolsets).

Want to get ahead of the curve and still do well with your human-made content in spite of the situation with AI-gens? Get on the album and portfolio-grinds now, carve yourselves out as the 'real deal' while you still can with your existing composing skills you've had for years/decades already, and ride atop the avalanche of AI-Music slop which is starting to grow and swallow those who can't push themselves above the waves.

Albeit we've also got to contend with non-AI issues still and shouldn't lose sight of, such as the piss-poor earnings from streaming services and other oppressive copyright minefields thanks to how the big labels and lawmakers have behaved for decades.

Unfortunately, AI tools simply give assholes more power.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 00:50:59

We have one thing that artificial intelligence could never have, and that is "Archaicism". Hang on a sec, gonna speak to The Ancient Ones real quick for pointers on how to make even weirder music.

brb lol

Check out this Average Joe!

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 13:36:38

the most interesting uses of generative ai is when it breaks. this track by OPN for example, it's cool to hear adobe's audio enhancement AI be used in such a fucked up way, love it.

but the more we stray away from those early AI days, the more obvious it becomes that this machine learning software only leads to derivative slop. be honest, outside of the initial novelty of it being AI, would you ever listen to this over any well-made old-school eurobeat? this thing didn't even get it right, it made eurodance, not eurobeat lmao. of course it all comes down to the dataset, so it's just a matter of time until they get the eurobeat data, but again, who gives a shit when it sounds so soulless?

you should worry more about grandma getting scammed out of 1mil by a jeff bezos deepfake

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 14:07:23

AI is already working itself into normal tools that electronic artists rely on such as RX. I'm frightened to use any big name tool now and look hard for independent people making VSTs.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 14:13:41

At 4/7/24 03:57 PM, Tangerine wrote: I know over the past few years everyone has been like "oH nO ai aRt iS gOiNg tO tAkE mY jOB!!!111!!!" and then it didn't, but like oh god. I assume most of you have played around with Suno. The website which allows you to generate pretty convincing music. It can generate the lyrics and vocals for you if you want it to.

I know that the music sounds decently flawed at the moment, but technology improves fast and i'd say in a few months, people won't easily be able to tell if something is ai generated or composed by a person.

Not all doom and gloom though, it has its benefits for musicians like me. It could be used as inspiration or as a tool to check out instrumentation for certain styles. But also it certainly has its negatives.

I don't mean to walk down the streets ringing a bell screaming "The end is nigh!", but it will bring along great changes that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

What's your thoughts? Also, if you've generated any cool things on suno then feel free to share them here :).

unfortunately, this neural network began to capture the audio portal of this site. recently there was a song "Geometry Dash", which IT was generated entirely with the help of Suno, IT EVEN GOT TO THE MAIN PAGE. But then the moderators deleted it.

When you use generative AI, you have not created anything. You've merely commissioned a robot to create an image based on a prompt and a [probably stolen] reference dataset. People who claim to be "ai artists" are ridiculous individuals.

It's an impressive technology, but as we've seen with ai generated art there is no shortage of people who will train models on artists' work without consent and then shit out as much content as possible for maximum personal gains. I'm disgusted by the idea that someone could train a model on my music and generate a "larrynachos" song (although personally I'm curious as to what that would sound like lol)

I think AI could have it's place in music production, but instead of just shitting out a song, it could be used to make the production process more accessible. Ai generated chord progressions might sound soulless, but is it any more soulless than googling chord progressions? Some of us lack formal education in music theory and don't understand the full extent of the relationships between notes.

Synplant's genopatch system is so impressive, I can't wait to get tools that use AI to help me with mixing, mastering, basically filling in the gaps where getting my music sounding exactly how I want.

I can't say I'm not worried about the rise of ai generated music. We've already had this issue on Newgrounds, where an AI generated track was not only front paged, but remained published for a lot longer than I expected. It is only going to get harder to detect, and you'd better believe people are going to abuse it the same way they have with ai imagery.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 15:44:09

At 4/9/24 03:38 PM, larrynachos wrote: When you use generative AI, you have not created anything. You've merely commissioned a robot to create an image based on a prompt and a [probably stolen] reference dataset. People who claim to be "ai artists" are ridiculous individuals.

It's an impressive technology, but as we've seen with ai generated art there is no shortage of people who will train models on artists' work without consent and then shit out as much content as possible for maximum personal gains. I'm disgusted by the idea that someone could train a model on my music and generate a "larrynachos" song (although personally I'm curious as to what that would sound like lol)

I think AI could have it's place in music production, but instead of just shitting out a song, it could be used to make the production process more accessible. Ai generated chord progressions might sound soulless, but is it any more soulless than googling chord progressions? Some of us lack formal education in music theory and don't understand the full extent of the relationships between notes.

Synplant's genopatch system is so impressive, I can't wait to get tools that use AI to help me with mixing, mastering, basically filling in the gaps where getting my music sounding exactly how I want.

I can't say I'm not worried about the rise of ai generated music. We've already had this issue on Newgrounds, where an AI generated track was not only front paged, but remained published for a lot longer than I expected. It is only going to get harder to detect, and you'd better believe people are going to abuse it the same way they have with ai imagery.

A song generated using a neural network is excellent for its low quality and bitrate, so it is easy to find such

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 15:54:12

At 4/9/24 03:44 PM, G2961 wrote:
At 4/9/24 03:38 PM, larrynachos wrote: When you use generative AI, you have not created anything. You've merely commissioned a robot to create an image based on a prompt and a [probably stolen] reference dataset. People who claim to be "ai artists" are ridiculous individuals.

A song generated using a neural network is excellent for its low quality and bitrate, so it is easy to find such

That will only last for so long. Once there is open source software to run it locally, you can turn the setting up and have full fidelity songs

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 16:00:20

At 4/9/24 03:54 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 4/9/24 03:44 PM, G2961 wrote:

That will only last for so long. Once there is open source software to run it locally, you can turn the setting up and have full fidelity songs

unfortunately, this can happen. as far as I know, Suno specifically mix noise into the generated tracks

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 18:19:50

Honestly, I am also scared of AI music and the future of it, but in its current state the songs it makes are overly generic, unoriginal, and just straight up boring. The instruments just keep on repeating the same patterns, the vocals sound bad, the mixing is meh, and the lyrics have that signature AI-generated lifelessness to it. The good news is that (to my knowledge (and as of now)) AI hasn't gotten to the point of being able to make extremely experimental songs, or use samples in very creative ways.

This is a signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 18:54:47

At 4/9/24 06:19 PM, BB0ii wrote: Honestly, I am also scared of AI music and the future of it, but in its current state the songs it makes are overly generic, unoriginal, and just straight up boring. The instruments just keep on repeating the same patterns, the vocals sound bad, the mixing is meh, and the lyrics have that signature AI-generated lifelessness to it. The good news is that (to my knowledge (and as of now)) AI hasn't gotten to the point of being able to make extremely experimental songs, or use samples in very creative ways.

Yeah, I agree. But the part that worries me is just how quickly it has been improving. It feels like just a couple of weeks ago the AI didn't even know what a chord progression was. Now it's able to generate lyrics, sing them and also replicate the average of every musical style (to the best of its current abilities).

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 18:59:15

At 4/9/24 02:13 PM, G2961 wrote:
At 4/7/24 03:57 PM, Tangerine wrote: I know over the past few years everyone has been like "oH nO ai aRt iS gOiNg tO tAkE mY jOB!!!111!!!" and then it didn't, but like oh god. I assume most of you have played around with Suno. The website which allows you to generate pretty convincing music. It can generate the lyrics and vocals for you if you want it to.

unfortunately, this neural network began to capture the audio portal of this site. recently there was a song "Geometry Dash", which IT was generated entirely with the help of Suno, IT EVEN GOT TO THE MAIN PAGE. But then the moderators deleted it.

Yeah, LD-W was talking about that earlier. it's kinda scary to think about how much trouble moderators will have to go through when choosing what songs to frontpage. It's no longer going to be a question of "does this sound good" they will have to start asking more questions. Not a fun time to be a moderator lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 19:01:51

At 4/9/24 06:59 PM, Tangerine wrote:

Yeah, LD-W was talking about that earlier. it's kinda scary to think about how much trouble moderators will have to go through when choosing what songs to frontpage. It's no longer going to be a question of "does this sound good" they will have to start asking more questions. Not a fun time to be a moderator lol.

looks like I'm gonna have to leave screenshots of projects and links to projects now, lol

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 19:01:56

generative AI was at its best when it looked and sounded terrible but in a funny way, now it just looks and sounds terrible in a generic and boring way.

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 19:11:57

At 4/9/24 01:36 PM, ARAMort wrote: the most interesting uses of generative ai is when it breaks. this track by OPN for example, it's cool to hear adobe's audio enhancement AI be used in such a fucked up way, love it.
but the more we stray away from those early AI days, the more obvious it becomes that this machine learning software only leads to derivative slop. be honest, outside of the initial novelty of it being AI, would you ever listen to this over any well-made old-school eurobeat? this thing didn't even get it right, it made eurodance, not eurobeat lmao. of course it all comes down to the dataset, so it's just a matter of time until they get the eurobeat data, but again, who gives a shit when it sounds so soulless?
you should worry more about grandma getting scammed out of 1mil by a jeff bezos deepfake

if i'm being honest, some of the stuff i've heard on suno sounds really good. It likely understands some genres better than others depending on how popular it is. But I get that its not the best at the moment, but just think of the possibilities. As more people know of suno, the more the people will work on the ai. Eventually, it actually will get eurobeat right, and will be able to make one that sounds just as good as dave rodgers.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 19:14:40

At 4/9/24 07:01 PM, G2961 wrote:
At 4/9/24 06:59 PM, Tangerine wrote:

looks like I'm gonna have to leave screenshots of projects and links to projects now, lol

yeah lol. but i'm sure if you're making music in the same style as you have for the past couple of years, you should be fine lol. Especially if your music is high quality and doesn't have funky sounding vocals lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ai generated music is starting to scare me. 2024-04-09 19:16:04

At 4/9/24 07:01 PM, Xhepyxopila wrote: generative AI was at its best when it looked and sounded terrible but in a funny way, now it just looks and sounds terrible in a generic and boring way.

I completely agree. They used to be so bad it was funny. Now they just sound like pop songs lol

BBS Signature