00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RayRassaArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fixing obs video quality

137 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

fixing obs video quality 2024-04-05 19:07:58

I've installed obs a while ago and I'm not sure why my video and quality are so terrible. I've searched around to no avail. Any help?

beans

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-05 21:07:43

At 4/5/24 07:07 PM, KisanoWasTaken wrote: I've installed obs a while ago and I'm not sure why my video and quality are so terrible. I've searched around to no avail. Any help?

do you have professional quality equipment (including pc) usually that's the issue.

BBS Signature

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-06 01:00:06

At 4/5/24 09:07 PM, orbitz wrote:
At 4/5/24 07:07 PM, KisanoWasTaken wrote: I've installed obs a while ago and I'm not sure why my video and quality are so terrible. I've searched around to no avail. Any help?
do you have professional quality equipment (including pc) usually that's the issue.

my momentary dyslexia honestly told me that this thread was about how a user installed Orbitz (obs) video software and was complaining about the program or the quality

I was entirely ready to cheer on Orbitz for reaching for the stars with such an ambitious project

BBS Signature

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-06 01:26:49

There is too many questions to ask here, such as what you are using OBS for in relation to NewGrounds. If its for video editing there is much better options.

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-06 07:57:43

At 4/6/24 01:26 AM, YendorNG wrote:
There is too many questions to ask here, such as what you are using OBS for in relation to NewGrounds. If its for video editing there is much better options.

I'm talking for recording. I have blender for video editing

beans

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-06 08:03:46

No. I have a fairly old pc. Its a HP Notebook 15s-fq1514na that I bought a long while ago.

I've upgraded the RAM tho.

beans

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-06 09:46:47

At 4/6/24 08:03 AM, KisanoWasTaken wrote:
No. I have a fairly old pc. Its a HP Notebook 15s-fq1514na that I bought a long while ago.
I've upgraded the RAM tho.

I think the "family old PC" is the issue. OBS is pretty heavy to run, I wouldn't do it on a Notebook.

Response to fixing obs video quality 2024-04-10 13:57:25

You should post a screenshot of the Output section of your OBS settings and describe what problem you have with the recordings, since you might have something tweaked wrong there. In terms of your PC specs, I'd honestly say it's probably fine for screen recording. I've recorded gameplay footage just fine on a laptop with a 4th gen Intel processor with 2 cores. Yours is 10th gen, several years newer.

BBS Signature