00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT)

154 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I want to keep a list of NewGrounds animators (past and present) who want to take on the BIG projects, but need funding to do so, and I think that this would be helpful to our community to link them here and keep track of them/discuss them, and then I compile them in a weekly post here.

Rules/Qualifications:

1. To protect our community from getting hoodwinked, the user in question MUST:
  • Be level 5 or above.*
  • Must have submitted at least 3 movies that are not part of a Newgrounds/independent collaboration.**
  • Said movies must Score 3.5 or higher.

*Exceptions for those with verified credits in TV/Film works or Film Festival awards can be made.

**Just because you or the user in question participated in the shitpost collab or even an artistically higher-bar collab does not count. NewGrounders are not rating you, they are rating the overall production. Remember, the user advocating for the money in these campaigns are essentially the director. --Traditional works where people helped with different pieces of an independent original project (Sound, rigging, clean-up, etc) are AOK.

2. The suggested link to the funding page must include a video essay of the actual NewGrounder and people involved speaking. No faceless or paid spokesmen (looking at you fivrr).

• The pitch/collection must be on a established platform Do not link just a youtube video and paypal address or personal website-- that is a sure sign of a scam.

3. The scope of the project must be:

• 2D or 3D ORIGINAL animated project.
  • Must have a goal/budget at or over $5000 USD.
  • Must be at or exceed 5 minutes.*
  • Not Adult or Erotic material.
  • No Extreme Political views ("Toot toot I'm a boat, we should televise murder of puppies" levels of batshit crazy real or otherwise are not permitted, and infact are usually against crowdfunding platforms ToS, so do not suggest these.)

*I'm asking for this because there is going to be some shitler thats going to ask to for money to make a loop that will last that long. Is that really something really worth 5k? No.

@guitarrob

"Socio-Zombie"

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/socio-zombie/x/36663707#/

Campaign Expires: April 15th 2024

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-03-22 15:40:57

probably ask the ng money gang

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-03-22 16:14:56

At 3/22/24 03:40 PM, Gimmick wrote: probably ask the ng money gang

I'm part of that, ask them what?

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-03-22 18:13:05

At 3/22/24 04:14 PM, YendorNG wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize you were. I thought there was a discord or something accessible to them that would have more info about which campaigns were planned or were otherwise in the works.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-03-22 18:18:06

At 3/22/24 06:13 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 3/22/24 04:14 PM, YendorNG wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize you were. I thought there was a discord or something accessible to them that would have more info about which campaigns were planned or were otherwise in the works.

There is, I just don't participate in it, as Tom usually posts on the front page blog what he wants. This is for small newgrounders taking their first leap.

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-03-31 20:53:34

Currently as of the now:

"Socio-Zombie" by @guitarrob

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/socio-zombie/x/36663707#/

Campaign Expires: April 15th 2024

Has about 20 days left to go and has only raised over $200, which is 3% his goal of $6316!

---

If you have seen anyone from NG post recently about a project they are raising funds for, and they fit the criteria, post'em!

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-04-01 04:06:05

Thank you so much for sharing my crowdfunding campaign± :D

Response to Animation Campaigns Thread (ACT) 2024-04-23 14:59:48

I have not been keeping up to date with this (my bad).

https://guitarrob.newgrounds.com/news/post/1438927

Guitarrob is still looking for funding for his project and has reach $221 out of his goal of $6000! If you like his idea, go give him some bling!

If you know of anyone on NG starting out to fund their project, post here! Be sure to read the criteria before posting!