00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StrokeitKurt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawin on my phone > PC

145 Views | 2 Replies

Drawin on my phone > PC 2024-03-18 18:41:39

im naturally lazy and lay in bed eat hot chip and cry

Response to Drawin on my phone > PC 2024-03-18 23:24:21

I have literally adopted a more low-poly animation style in my 3D projects recently just because I want to be able to do more 3D stuff just from my phone. I think it's not for "lazy" reasons, though, I just want to have far more opportunities during the day to chip away at my personal projects (particularly during lunch breaks at work), without having to wait until I have access to my laptop at home again. I still need to do the rigging and animation on an actual computer with software actually used in the "industry" (at least Blender, if not in conjunction with Substance Painter, Maya, ZBrush, etc). But my fundamental 3D skills are improving at a much faster rate than if I just waited until the next time I had free time to work on the computer (or even waited until after work) to practice modeling, UV Mapping, texturing, even lighting (WITHOUT relying on true Global Illumination or other photorealistic time-savers that come with Blender Cycles or Arnold by default, due to the limitations of mobile hardware). Most importantly, I'm learning to actually love and enjoy optimizing, not relying on GPUs or extremely-high polygon counts to get my character designs across in 3D. I feel like a 3D artist working on a PS1 game, in a good way.

Now drawing 2D art on a phone, for me, ironically sounds more difficult than low-poly 3D box modeling. I keep trying, but I just can't get the professional-looking lines I can more comfortably get with my Wacom tablet, iPad Pro+Apple Pencil or ESPECIALLY just using old-fashioned pens on paper. Unless proper pressure-sensitive styli come with every single smartphone brand and make, I would genuinely prefer practicing digital 2D art on the go with my 3DS and DSi/3DS drawing apps that I luckily downloaded long before Nintendo permanently shut down the 3DS eShop.

Response to Drawin on my phone > PC 2024-03-19 02:22:53

At 3/18/24 06:41 PM, Begone10000 wrote: im naturally lazy and lay in bed eat hot chip and cry

I’ve had my fill of threads about all the art people are not doing.

There’s barely any effort in this opening post.

BBS Signature