00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

milkybunk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you get back at actual art practice after years of drawing in white noise

179 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Seriously my brain seems to have forgotten how to learn.

You stop not doing it and start do doing it.

start with something simple. mark making stuff like getting a smooth line etc, less brain power expenditure, more about muscle memory. slowly work up and remember to have fun with drawing.

Try doing some studies. it can be perspective, anatomy, line confidence, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you get into the habit of studying. Or you can do what I do and try to combine studying with an art piece to make it more fun.

At 3/17/24 10:15 PM, Skoops wrote: You stop not doing it and start do doing it.

Nuh uh...

At 3/18/24 02:41 PM, Artcompany wrote: Try doing some studies. it can be perspective, anatomy, line confidence, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you get into the habit of studying. Or you can do what I do and try to combine studying with an art piece to make it more fun.

Maybe, i do recall doing this a few times.

At 3/18/24 11:11 AM, lucifertan wrote: start with something simple. mark making stuff like getting a smooth line etc, less brain power expenditure, more about muscle memory. slowly work up and remember to have fun with drawing.

Understood, seems easier than to just throwing yourself into it like crazy.

At 3/18/24 06:15 PM, 4Dimens wrote:
At 3/17/24 10:15 PM, Skoops wrote: You stop not doing it and start do doing it.
Nuh uh...

It's hopeless then. Byeee!