00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Female Voice Artist (and possibly a few male) needed for Superman fan project

276 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for a Mariel Hemingway impersonator to read the lines for the character of Lacy Warfield from 1987's Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. This project is an attempt to recreate some of the lost deleted scenes from this film on audio, as part of a just-for-fun fan-edit project.

A sample youtube link is below to give an idea of how Lacy sounds in the movie. A sound-alike would be wonderful (after all, the closer to the actress' original voice, the less jarring it will be inserted into the middle of the movie), but it's not a deal-breaker.

youtu.be/nZiqK9wmcKU?si=nMVCwOQ-GbswVnk2&t=51

A Christopher Reeve impersonator in Clark Kent mode and a Gene Hackman impersonator able to sub in a little for Nuclear Man (Lex Luthor's voice, just more angry) would also be welcome. The applicable scenes are not especially long, less than a page of dialogue in total. (And only a line or two for Nuclear Man).

I am very happy to throw ten bucks your way for participating (I put this under 'unpaid,' because, after all, that's not exactly professional rates ;-) ), as well as the finished scenes for your demo reel, and a disc copy of the finished film edit, if you would like one. Primarily, this is a just-for-fun project.

Interested parties can contact skycaptaing(at)gmail(dot com), or discord user ID 537456443251490817. Audition deadline will be 3/10. Unless no one auditions. :-)  Thank you!

Audition Lines

Lacy: 'Don't tell me. You learned to dance at church socials.'

'So, is some freckle-faced girl named Billie Jean waiting for you back home? Or did she follow you to the big city?'

Clark: 'Actually, I had a crash course from my mother the night before my prom.'

'Oh, no. There's no one. My career takes up a lot of my time.'

Lex Luthor: "What's to fear?"

Nuclear Man (Lex Luthor but gravelier): "Destiny."