00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

eZee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds NXT (Next Generation Showcase!)

856 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_1168526_3806016.webp

Welcome to Newgrounds NXT!

This development system is specifically designed for Newgrounds animators with under 1,000 fans on the site, aiming to help you achieve that milestone while spreading your work. And throughout this process, you'll have the opportunity to connect with the Newgrounds community and possibly even make some friends (or find some future collaborators)!

How does it work?

1. The first step (if you already have at least one animation in the "Latest Movies" section of your profile) is to introduce yourself! Say hi, tell us who you are, and whatever you want people to know in regards to you and your animations. Any way you want to introduce yourself is completely okay! If you don't have at least one animation uploaded yet, you still have to introduce yourself - you just need to do the second step first, alongside your introduction.
  2. The second step (or potentially your first step) is to regularly post your new animations here! Make sure to include a short description of it as well - we want others to be invested in you and interested in what you create.
  3. If anyone's animations interest you, give them a watch! Leave reviews and ratings with good intentions, and let them know that you're also in Newgrounds NXT!
  4. Starting at the end of March, monthly updates on everyone's fan count will be monitored and posted, beginning from their initial post here.
  5. If you're at 900 fans, your progress will be monitored in a section above everyone else's in a "Special Watch" section of the updates. Once you reach 1,000 fans, you are officially a Newgrounds NXT alumni! You will stop being tagged in progress updates, and your username will be archived and put into the Newgrounds NXT Alumni section.

Important Rules and Information

• You are only allowed to post two older animations, and this is reserved for your introduction. Outside of this, animations posted should be at most a week old.
  • If you decide to quit Newgrounds NXT and want to stop being tagged on your progress (either permanently or temporarily), send me a private message with the Newgrounds PM button. Any Newgrounder without any on-site Newgrounds activity for 3 months (including forum posts, news posts, reviews, etc.) is automatically removed from the progress updates, but can join back at a later date by making a new post here.
  • Animation quality isn't important whatsoever, but the effort you put into your animation is. Shitposts without any redeeming effort put into it should not be posted here.
  • As much as I love them, animation collabs (which I define as movies with 3 or more credited animators) should not be posted here unless you were the host and substantially contributed beyond just hosting it. Don't worry, collabs are lovely, but this is a place to get people invested in you!

Remember, Newgrounds NXT is all about establishing a creative and supportive community full of emerging talents with the same goals in mind. I'm excited for you to join, and I hope you enjoy the road to becoming an official Newgrounds NXT alumni!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds NXT (Next Generation Showcase!) 2024-02-28 15:17:43

At 2/28/24 02:46 PM, CarterSterling wrote:
Welcome to Newgrounds NXT!
This development system is specifically designed for Newgrounds animators with under 1,000 fans on the site, aiming to help you achieve that milestone while spreading your work. And throughout this process, you'll have the opportunity to connect with the Newgrounds community and possibly even make some friends (or find some future collaborators)!

How does it work?

Important Rules and Information

Remember, Newgrounds NXT is all about establishing a creative and supportive community full of emerging talents with the same goals in mind. I'm excited for you to join, and I hope you enjoy the road to becoming an official Newgrounds NXT alumni!

iu_1168558_5442400.png

BBS Signature

I suppose I'll kick us off here with an introduction of my own!

Hi there! I'm Carter Sterling, an Icon Moderator here on Newgrounds as well as an active member of the community. I'm excited to not only guide and support this developmental group but to also actively participate with the community, sharing my own new animations that I create here as well!

Here are two animations from years ago that are currently in the "Movies" section of my profile. They're nothing to write home about, and one of them really isn't much of an animation at all - however, they both have one thing in common: they were both created using Macromedia Flash 4, a 1999 version of Flash.

I'm currently working on a new animation series, once again using this version of Flash - except this time, I'm putting a lot more effort into it without rushing myself. And I'll be sure to share the first episode of the series here in Newgrounds NXT once it's finished!

What about you? I'm excited to not only lead Newgrounds NXT but to actively contribute to the group as well, hopefully becoming a Newgrounds NXT Alumni alongside all of you!

BBS Signature

This seems interesting:

Hi. My username here is Anonymous-Frog. I'm a bit of a "jack of all trades" right here on Newgrounds, but a lot of my time is spent creating animations. My program of choice: Macromedia Flash 8.

My goal is to either become a full-time animator or storyboard artist, or otherwise get good enough to take on major freelance or commission work.

Here are a few old animations of mine. (circa 2023 and 2022 respectively)

I'm currently animating some experimental music videos that may or may not see the light of day (I plan to finish at least one this year), in addition to a few other odds and ends.

Other projects include:

I make music under the name A+B, with two completed albums, and an EP,

I'm hosting the "A Sine of Relief" music collab in the NGAP Collab Center Discord.

A comic series, which as of today is unrevealed.

Response to Newgrounds NXT (Next Generation Showcase!) 2024-03-01 15:52:58

This sounds like a cult... I'm in!

My name is Ralph Nemesis and I'm just beginning my animation journey as of a few weeks ago. I've been learning pixel art since last year, and doodling weird characters and art my entire life.

I just rejoined Newgrounds for the first time since I was a young man, this time as a creator.

I've been creating one short animation (30 seconds or less) a day for a few weeks now, currently uploading the new one each day along with an old one until they're all up. I try to learn a little with each one. (Some are admittedly duds LOL).

I also have aspirations of game development, but I'd have to find a skilled programmer to take on my design.

The ultimate goal would be to be able to make a living doing things like this, so I'm going for it. Every other job fires me :)

Currently planning out an episodic series, hope to have the first episode out by the end of the month!

Pleased to make your acquaintance my fellow NXTers

At 3/1/24 04:02 PM, BlueBrobi35 wrote: I’m not participating, but I want to ask this question (in case anyone else wants to ask it). Does it still count if you have collaborated with someone that has more than 1k fans while you have less than that (or under 900)? Are movies with that example still allowed? I’ve seen it done before.

Thank you for asking! I'd say it's allowed if the work is largely your own - meaning it's your idea and your animation. If you can earnestly call yourself the creator of the project, then by all means post it here!

Collaborations with other creators are lovely and encouraged, but 'animation collab' projects (meaning projects with numerous animators) should not be posted here unless it meets the criteria mentioned in the 'Important Rules and Information' section of the introduction. This isn't a reflection on the value of such collaborations; it's simply to maintain the focus of this thread as a platform to showcase our Newgrounds NXT members and their animations.

BBS Signature

Alright, everybody, the first is over!

I'm actually real late with this due to being without a computer during the process of moving - but on the plus side, it gave everyone time to see some significant growth even without any projects being shared! Great development, everybody!

Monthly Updates - End of May 2024

iu_1187049_3806016.png

@CarterSterling @AnonymousFrog @RalphNemesis

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds NXT (Next Generation Showcase!) 2024-04-09 11:22:55

At 4/9/24 10:24 AM, CarterSterling wrote: Alright, everybody, the first is over!
I'm actually real late with this due to being without a computer during the process of moving - but on the plus side, it gave everyone time to see some significant growth even without any projects being shared! Great development, everybody!

Monthly Updates - End of May 2024

@CarterSterling @AnonymousFrog @RalphNemesis

Heads up, you pinged an account that I didn't create, nor did anyone use: There's a hyphen.

Response to Newgrounds NXT (Next Generation Showcase!) 2024-04-09 11:27:00

At 4/9/24 11:22 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Heads up, you pinged an account that I didn't create, nor did anyone use: There's a hyphen.

I suppose that's why I shouldn't a post right when I wake up... cheers, thank you for the heads up!

BBS Signature