00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unable to Scout Artists?

186 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-16 20:25:57

I was trying to browse the art portal and check out undiscovered artists to scout, but I noticed I couldn't scout them when I used to be able to. Is there some kind of hard cap on how many people you can scout, or was it revoked for some strange reason?

BBS Signature

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-16 20:41:36

Unless there was a reason for your scouting privileges to be taken away, which I'm not going to say there is or isn't any since I don't really know you nor do I know what the staff of newgrounds would say, but the only time I'm ever actually able to scout anyone is on a desktop so my first question would be what do you tend to use to browse newgrounds?

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-16 21:20:04

Due to some strange bug my long reply disappeared.

Go to your art page, add /tree at the end of the url

If you see your previous scouts, you're scouted

If you're redirected to the art portal, you're not scouted

BBS Signature

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-16 23:21:14

There have been some recent site updates, sometimes things get a little wonky for a bit.

That said, your ability to scout might be disabled if you're too willy-nilly with handing out scouts, if one of your scouted artists turns out to be a troll, stuff like that.

In either case, waiting a while and letting it fix itself is usually the way to go

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-16 23:32:24

From what I see your scouting privileges have not been revoked. It could be the few you've tried to scout have already been scouted and then unscouted -- so their scouting eligibility has not been reset; or it's a glitch in the site. Check a few different users, if you cannot scout anyone it's probably a bug and you can post it in this thread

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-17 20:05:58

At 2/16/24 08:41 PM, DioShiba wrote: Unless there was a reason for your scouting privileges to be taken away, which I'm not going to say there is or isn't any since I don't really know you nor do I know what the staff of newgrounds would say, but the only time I'm ever actually able to scout anyone is on a desktop so my first question would be what do you tend to use to browse newgrounds?

I pretty much always use it on my PC, and I've scouted people in the past so I'm confused LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-17 20:07:28

At 2/17/24 08:05 PM, Notchine wrote:
At 2/16/24 08:41 PM, DioShiba wrote: Unless there was a reason for your scouting privileges to be taken away, which I'm not going to say there is or isn't any since I don't really know you nor do I know what the staff of newgrounds would say, but the only time I'm ever actually able to scout anyone is on a desktop so my first question would be what do you tend to use to browse newgrounds?
I pretty much always use it on my PC, and I've scouted people in the past so I'm confused LOL

Then it’s likely a bug in the system as others have said

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-17 20:07:29

At 2/16/24 09:20 PM, Czyszy wrote: Due to some strange bug my long reply disappeared.

Go to your art page, add /tree at the end of the url
If you see your previous scouts, you're scouted
If you're redirected to the art portal, you're not scouted

Yep, it definitely shows that I've scouted people and that I'm probably scouted.

iu_1163755_5191081.png

BBS Signature

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-17 20:09:07

At 2/16/24 11:21 PM, Skoops wrote: There have been some recent site updates, sometimes things get a little wonky for a bit.

That said, your ability to scout might be disabled if you're too willy-nilly with handing out scouts, if one of your scouted artists turns out to be a troll, stuff like that.

In either case, waiting a while and letting it fix itself is usually the way to go

Fair enough, I guess things will probably sort themselves out eventually

BBS Signature

Response to Unable to Scout Artists? 2024-02-17 20:09:20

At 2/16/24 11:32 PM, SourCherryJack wrote: From what I see your scouting privileges have not been revoked. It could be the few you've tried to scout have already been scouted and then unscouted -- so their scouting eligibility has not been reset; or it's a glitch in the site. Check a few different users, if you cannot scout anyone it's probably a bug and you can post it in this thread

Will do, much appreciated!

BBS Signature