00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SubjugatedSandwich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bug Reports Thread

13,382 Views | 472 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

If you would like to report something that isn't working correctly on Newgrounds, you can do so in this thread.

However if you are reporting a vulnerability that could be used to abuse the site or access sensitive information, please PM me with your report and do not share it here publicly.

When reporting a bug please provide as much information as possible, including:

• What web browser you are using.
  • What operating system (Windows / iOS / macOS / Linux?) and device you are using (PC / Mac / iPhone?).
  • Detailed steps to recreate the bug, or as detailed as you can recall.
  • Screenshots of weird things that happen.
  • If NG isn't accepting a file, you could stick it on Google drive, make it public and link to it here.

If you are trying to play a Flash game that isn't working, there's a good chance it is an issue with Ruffle emulation not supporting the game completely. Please report issues like these in the Ruffle Testing / Flash Preservation Crew thread.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-03 14:28:10

At 4/3/23 12:37 PM, Snug-Bug wrote: Hey Tom, maybe you can pop a link to the Ruffle testing thread in your post. So people who are experiencing problems with Ruffle can go to the right place.

Good call!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-04 01:52:10

Luckily I have no problems with the Ruffle or the message came from some scammer

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-06 01:38:10

This thread was great, Isn't it?

hey! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-07 15:54:19 (edited 2023-04-07 15:58:47)

I'm not able to reply to a thread or a reply on a mobile device. For context, I'm using iPhone 8, with version 14.3, using a updated Brave Browser App. There's no reply button, on my interface...

I can do anything on the PC, but not on my mobile device.

iu_942392_2686617.jpg

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-08 09:25:22

At 4/7/23 04:45 PM, Snug-Bug wrote:
At 4/7/23 03:54 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: I'm not able to reply to a thread or a reply on a mobile device. For context, I'm using iPhone 8, with version 14.3, using a updated Brave Browser App. There's no reply button, on my interface...
I can do anything on the PC, but not on my mobile device.
Quite weird, the thread doesnt seem to be locked becuase you said you can do everything normaly on PC. have you tried closing and re-opening the application? Or logging out and logging back in?

[Off-topic]:
Neat notifaction stack btw

Yesterday when I logged out and closed and opened the app again. I logged in again with the same mobile device and browser, I still had that same problem. Perhaps it's on my end. Again, I'm able to do anything on my PC. I'll update it later and see on what happens. (Also, thanks for the compliment.)

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-08 09:27:14

At 4/8/23 09:25 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Yesterday when I logged out and closed and opened the app again. I logged in again with the same mobile device and browser, I still had that same problem. Perhaps it's on my end. Again, I'm able to do anything on my PC. I'll update it later and see on what happens. (Also, thanks for the compliment.)

Does the Brave browser have ad blocking built in? My guess at the moment is it's blocking something that's resulting in the reply buttons being blocked.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-08 09:40:33

At 4/8/23 09:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/8/23 09:25 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Yesterday when I logged out and closed and opened the app again. I logged in again with the same mobile device and browser, I still had that same problem. Perhaps it's on my end. Again, I'm able to do anything on my PC. I'll update it later and see on what happens. (Also, thanks for the compliment.)
Does the Brave browser have ad blocking built in? My guess at the moment is it's blocking something that's resulting in the reply buttons being blocked.

Yeah, I did disable the ad-block in from the settings, and I can now see the reply button! So, thanks for the solution as always!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-19 11:04:11

There's a specific user I was following, then he blocked me. So I'm no-longer following them because it forcefully makes you unfollow them when they block you, but their submissions still show up in my feed for some reason.

penis

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-21 02:46:16

for some odd reason i cannot get medals like when i try to play a game and i get the requirements that meet the medal i just dont get it

(og thread:https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1523969#bbspost27695413_post_text)

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-21 09:08:44

At 4/21/23 08:59 AM, Snug-Bug wrote: I really dont know what just happemed, well ill let the screenshots explain it all.

I thought this was becuase i recently turned on "perfered light mode" on my browser(Opera GX)
then i turned it off and closed the browser and openned Newgrounds again and it was back to normal, then i decided to test it by turning on "Perfered Light Mode" again to confirm if it was the light mode that was causing the issue, but the site still looked normal when i turned the light mode back on. I really dont know what exactly is cuasing this.

So this is all a single page, where you are looking at your user page and you see the forum below it on the same screen?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-21 11:27:14 (edited 2023-04-21 11:27:45)

At 4/21/23 10:42 AM, Snug-Bug wrote:
At 4/21/23 09:08 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/21/23 08:59 AM, Snug-Bug wrote: I really dont know what just happemed, well ill let the screenshots explain it all.

I thought this was becuase i recently turned on "perfered light mode" on my browser(Opera GX)
then i turned it off and closed the browser and openned Newgrounds again and it was back to normal, then i decided to test it by turning on "Perfered Light Mode" again to confirm if it was the light mode that was causing the issue, but the site still looked normal when i turned the light mode back on. I really dont know what exactly is cuasing this.
So this is all a single page, where you are looking at your user page and you see the forum below it on the same screen?
Wdym? I dont quite understand your question

Oh on second look I see what bug you were referring to, the white outlines around the emotes? And this only happened once and you haven't been able to recreate it yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-25 18:30:03

This seems to be a firefox only issue, but the post vote tool doesn't seem to be working properly, I mean, it works, kinda...but it's invisible except for the tank guy's head.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-26 06:32:37

At 4/25/23 06:30 PM, TheSolUnion wrote: This seems to be a firefox only issue, but the post vote tool doesn't seem to be working properly, I mean, it works, kinda...but it's invisible except for the tank guy's head.

I'm testing in Firefox at the moment and it works for me. Do you have any extensions running like ad blockers that might be causing code in the page to break? To test, try turning off your browser extensions and let me know if that fixes it.

If not, what version of Firefox and what OS are you on? Andy you're referring to this vote bar, correct?

iu_956908_1.png

You only see the tankman head but not the voting bar?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-26 07:28:33

At 4/26/23 06:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/25/23 06:30 PM, TheSolUnion wrote: This seems to be a firefox only issue, but the post vote tool doesn't seem to be working properly, I mean, it works, kinda...but it's invisible except for the tank guy's head.
I'm testing in Firefox at the moment and it works for me. Do you have any extensions running like ad blockers that might be causing code in the page to break? To test, try turning off your browser extensions and let me know if that fixes it.

If not, what version of Firefox and what OS are you on? Andy you're referring to this vote bar, correct?

You only see the tankman head but not the voting bar?

Turns out it's ad blocker ultimate that was causing the issue. It seems that a recently pushed cookie management app built into the latest version of firefox might have broken the blocker.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-28 06:20:40

The alt text for the perplexed and whoa! emojis seem to be reversed. I know this seems really pedantic and minor, but it might be useful for people who use screen readers? Thought it was worth a mention, cheers babes! x

iu_958453_5395072.png

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-28 09:23:20

At 4/28/23 06:20 AM, blit-blat wrote: The alt text for the perplexed and whoa! emojis seem to be reversed. I know this seems really pedantic and minor, but it might be useful for people who use screen readers? Thought it was worth a mention, cheers babes! x

I'm worried if I try to run the tool that updates those, something will break because the tool is so old now... Noted for now though.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-04-28 09:24:36

Does anyone here use the librewolf browser? We have a report of NG loading the mobile layout in librewolf on desktop, however I just installed librewolf and NG is loading the desktop version for me. Curious to get more eyes on it, if anyone else is using this browser and has anything to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-04 12:34:48

In the mobile version (Android/Chrome), I can drag a playlist entry outside the area, expanding the layout.

iu_963140_4428769.webp

And a really minor additional issue; it returns back when I drop it there, although removing focus (taking a screenshot, minimizing the app, holding the shut down button...) makes it stay wherever it was until I perform another action on the page.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-04 12:56:51

At 5/4/23 12:34 PM, RaIix wrote: In the mobile version (Android/Chrome), I can drag a playlist entry outside the area, expanding the layout.

And a really minor additional issue; it returns back when I drop it there, although removing focus (taking a screenshot, minimizing the app, holding the shut down button...) makes it stay wherever it was until I perform another action on the page.

Noted!

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-04 22:02:37 (edited 2023-05-04 22:03:20)

this is likely already known, but the drag and drop function for the portal/rewardsnominees page is broken on android. it also defaults to desktop view.

tested in the current versions of firefox, chrome and brave

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 07:45:35

At 4/3/23 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you would like to report something that isn't working correctly on Newgrounds, you can do so in this thread.

However if you are reporting a vulnerability that could be used to abuse the site or access sensitive information, please PM me with your report and do not share it here publicly.

If you are trying to play a Flash game that isn't working, there's a good chance it is an issue with Ruffle emulation not supporting the game completely. Please report issues like these in the Ruffle Testing / Flash Preservation Crew thread.

Hey, Tom. I’m having difficulties uploading this artwork.

iu_963721_11434151.png

It keeps saying error when I try to upload it. Can you address this issue in any way, please?

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 07:50:23

At 5/5/23 07:45 AM, TheNamesEllen wrote:
At 4/3/23 09:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you would like to report something that isn't working correctly on Newgrounds, you can do so in this thread.

It keeps saying error when I try to upload it. Can you address this issue in any way, please?

Can you email the raw image file to tom AT newgrounds.com? Posting it in the forums will result in the image getting processed, so it's not a good test.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 08:13:25

At 5/5/23 07:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Can you email the raw image file to tom AT newgrounds.com? Posting it in the forums will result in the image getting processed, so it's not a good test.

I don’t think I can. It the photo was edited after I took the photo, and I’m not sure if I can get it back to a raw image. Maybe I should post it on my computer. Perhaps it’s a mobile issue.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 09:55:56

I tried my computer, but it still wouldn’t upload. I sent an email to you. Let me know if you got it or not.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 15:35:39

At 5/5/23 09:55 AM, TheNamesEllen wrote:

I tried my computer, but it still wouldn’t upload. I sent an email to you. Let me know if you got it or not.

I’m having the same problem too. I wanted to upload my new artwork yesterday but I kept getting this message saying “Error”. I would like an answer as to why this is happening and how we can fix it.

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 16:08:31

At 5/5/23 03:35 PM, RealPumpkinLord wrote: I’m having the same problem too. I wanted to upload my new artwork yesterday but I kept getting this message saying “Error”. I would like an answer as to why this is happening and how we can fix it.

We've confirmed this is an iOS issue and have an idea of what is causing it. Ironically, the upcoming Art Portal update already does things differently and doesn't have this problem, but that's not quite ready to launch.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 21:03:05

i cant upload movie here it says error chek ur conection help??

hmph. amateurs.

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 22:01:34

At 5/5/23 09:03 PM, ZabuJard wrote: i cant upload movie here it says error chek ur conection help??

What OS / browser are you using? Have you tried a few different video files?

BBS Signature

Response to Bug Reports Thread 2023-05-05 22:08:30

Windows 10, google chrome, same as always but for some reason have error now

iu_964329_2054704.webp

strange , i tried edge got same eror i think with that browser X_X

hmph. amateurs.

BBS Signature