00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KaelousPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPod's n' MP3 Players

561 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-20 02:55:57

If you want a dedicated player but don't want to leave the phone ecosystem, why not a pair of headphones that has an integrated player?

iu_1164760_7638128.png

If you're gonna be weird, don't be just a little weird, go all out.

On the cheap and terrible end, Antetek has a pair of Bluetooth headphones that have an integrated MP3 player, and an FM radio!

On the high end, the Sony NW-WS413's are just a standalone pair of headphones that play MP3's (but are waterproof).

Headphones are like dicks for your ears, so I wouldn't make any recommendation, but I'm sure capitalism can provide something that works for you.

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-20 04:09:30

At 2/20/24 02:55 AM, alsoknownas1 wrote: If you want a dedicated player but don't want to leave the phone ecosystem, why not a pair of headphones that has an integrated player?

If you're gonna be weird, don't be just a little weird, go all out.

On the cheap and terrible end, Antetek has a pair of Bluetooth headphones that have an integrated MP3 player, and an FM radio!

On the high end, the Sony NW-WS413's are just a standalone pair of headphones that play MP3's (but are waterproof).

Headphones are like dicks for your ears, so I wouldn't make any recommendation, but I'm sure capitalism can provide something that works for you.

No thanks, I don't need another pair of headphones. Cool to see tho!

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 04:19:27

At 2/15/24 07:27 PM, ZekeWatson wrote: What iPod/MP3 Player/whatever do you use to listen to music?
I need something that isn't my phone to play music on the go, but I've used nothing but Spotify for so long that I have no idea where to begin! Any help would be appreciated

I've been using Sansa Clip with ROCKbox os/shell until it broke beyond repair, nowadays I use Shuttle player on android.

If you really want to have distraction free music device, I'd either go with ipod or anything that is supported by mentioned rockbox soft on their website.

There are audio/multimedia players capable of streaming but dunno, spotify and tidal already have horrible compression... And I don't think their algorithm is worth their subscription fee when you get just bad audio on top of a 100€+ device.

You can easily export playlists with external and free of charge services.

Want to find more music? - there's rate your music or last.fm.

"As long as you live, there's a chance for something good happening." - some anime or manga, or me

BBS Signature

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 04:39:40

At 2/22/24 04:19 AM, keik-keik wrote:
At 2/15/24 07:27 PM, ZekeWatson wrote: What iPod/MP3 Player/whatever do you use to listen to music?
I need something that isn't my phone to play music on the go, but I've used nothing but Spotify for so long that I have no idea where to begin! Any help would be appreciated
I've been using Sansa Clip with ROCKbox os/shell until it broke beyond repair, nowadays I use Shuttle player on android.
If you really want to have distraction free music device, I'd either go with ipod or anything that is supported by mentioned rockbox soft on their website.

There are audio/multimedia players capable of streaming but dunno, spotify and tidal already have horrible compression... And I don't think their algorithm is worth their subscription fee when you get just bad audio on top of a 100€+ device.
You can easily export playlists with external and free of charge services.
Want to find more music? - there's rate your music or last.fm.

I didn't even know you could install rockbox on a Sansa Clip!

I'm leaning towards an iPod classic personally. I like the design, and it can be modded and repaired fairly easily. I don't need any online features like Spotify.

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 05:21:27

I was 8 when I had an iPod nano, it was freaking awesome!

I had loads of stuff from the things I like: Coldplay, Pitbull... There's so many that I cannot remember!

For some reason my dad loaded most of it with classical music, prolly because it was his old one but it did make some changes.

But if I were to recommend, the whole Viva La Vida album is a really great journey to listen to (when Coldplay was good imo)

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 05:36:06

At 2/22/24 05:21 AM, CappyCatII wrote:

I had loads of stuff from the things I like: Coldplay, Pitbull... There's so many that I cannot remember!
For some reason my dad loaded most of it with classical music, prolly because it was his old one but it did make some changes.

But if I were to recommend, the whole Viva La Vida album is a really great journey to listen to (when Coldplay was good imo)

I'm not really asking for music recs, but thanks! I thought about getting a nano, but they are a little tricky to repair.

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 14:35:51

At 2/22/24 05:36 AM, ZekeWatson wrote:

I'm not really asking for music recs, but thanks! I thought about getting a nano, but they are a little tricky to repair.

Yeah coming back to this thread and I would HEAVILY not recommend getting a Nano if you're worried about repairing it at some point. Those little nuggets are feckin' difficult to take apart as well as overtime the batteries inside will grow to a point where the LCD screen will be damaged. (True story, my girlfriends' iPod Nano was charging recently for the first time in millennia and as it was charging, the entire body was growing due to the battery about to explode.)

Get yourself a Shuffle or a Classic, save yourself the headache and only buy one for the fun experience in music listening.

Sic semper tyrannis.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod's n' MP3 Players 2024-02-22 15:00:38

At 2/22/24 02:35 PM, PorterNG wrote:
At 2/22/24 05:36 AM, ZekeWatson wrote:

Yeah coming back to this thread and I would HEAVILY not recommend getting a Nano if you're worried about repairing it at some point. Those little nuggets are feckin' difficult to take apart as well as overtime the batteries inside will grow to a point where the LCD screen will be damaged. (True story, my girlfriends' iPod Nano was charging recently for the first time in millennia and as it was charging, the entire body was growing due to the battery about to explode.)

Get yourself a Shuffle or a Classic, save yourself the headache and only buy one for the fun experience in music listening.

Yeah I think I'm settled on an iPod classic unless I see something that really wow's me.