00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

idk if i should change my username

195 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey there, this is my first time posting on the NG forum.

I couldn't find a forum to perfectly fit the topic of this post but its kind of writing because it has to do with making a username, which is writing in a way.

as you can see my current username is Rainkid, Rainkid64 on some other places.

I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure if I should change my username or not (not just on Newgrounds, everywhere)

the reasoning for this is that I think the name rainkid is kinda stupid, not that you cant have stupid usernames on the internet because if I changed my name it's not like it would be something serious or anything, but Rainkid doesn't have any sort of important meaning. Kid because well, I am a kid (teenager but that is still a kid) and rain because when i made it I thought the combinations of words sounded cool together, also where I live we get a lot of rain, and the 64 from rainkid64 because I thought 64 was just a cool number i guess.

Another reasoning of mine was that I wont always be a kid but that doesn't really matter because there are adults with "kid" in their username, for example "Spazkid"

also, some people in my school know about my Youtube channel, and some annoying people have found out and told other annoying people, that doesn't have to do with Newgrounds though, that has to do with my Youtube, and I'm pretty sure even after I change it my channel would still come up if you search up Rainkid, for a while at least, and all my videos with "Rainkid" in the title would still come up. so that's kind of an irrelevant reason

I find "Rainkid" kind of emo in a way I guess, and I'm not emo or anything and that's not a way i want to be perceived. And I can always remove 64 from my youtube channel and the only reason i have it is because of some musician with "Rainkid" in their username, so I guess the main issue with the username is "rain"

I could change my username to something else ending in "kid" or something completely different, I have a possible idea for something another username that I probably wont put here for now.

I have also been told not to change my username because the username I have been working with for about two years now is too iconic. and that's probably why I'm hesitating on changing my username, I've done too much with the username Rainkid and I'm recognized by that name, but then again if I don't change my username I'll make an even bigger name for myself under that name and I'll possibly regret it. Or maybe ill grow to like "Rainkid" again

anyway I would really like to hear all the opinions here, thanks

-not sure how to sign off

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 08:11:43

Do what makes you happy. I’ve seen even established channels and creators rebrand themselves because they weren’t happy with their old online aliases. It isn’t too late.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 09:04:49

I don't see the problem in changing username. An artist uses a nickname to encapsulate what they feel can represent them best.

(Side note: I think you need supporter status to change your username on Newgrounds)

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 10:50:15

It ain't never too late to start over! Even I changed my name to a more catchy and short one.

Vestik

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 11:37:18

I think Rainkid is a cool name and it doesn't sound emo to me. Rain isn't always a sad thing.

If you don't like your name though, of course you are free to change it. That's the cool thing about the internet, you can reinvent yourself as many times as you want! You just may have to deal with the inconvenience of creating a new account, for those services that don't allow you change it.

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 11:44:06

At 1/31/24 10:29 AM, Rainkid wrote: Hey there, this is my first time posting on the NG forum.
I couldn't find a forum to perfectly fit the topic of this post but its kind of writing because it has to do with making a username, which is writing in a way.

as you can see my current username is Rainkid, Rainkid64 on some other places.
I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure if I should change my username or not (not just on Newgrounds, everywhere)

the reasoning for this is that I think the name rainkid is kinda stupid, not that you cant have stupid usernames on the internet because if I changed my name it's not like it would be something serious or anything, but Rainkid doesn't have any sort of important meaning. Kid because well, I am a kid (teenager but that is still a kid) and rain because when i made it I thought the combinations of words sounded cool together, also where I live we get a lot of rain, and the 64 from rainkid64 because I thought 64 was just a cool number i guess.

Another reasoning of mine was that I wont always be a kid but that doesn't really matter because there are adults with "kid" in their username, for example "Spazkid"
also, some people in my school know about my Youtube channel, and some annoying people have found out and told other annoying people, that doesn't have to do with Newgrounds though, that has to do with my Youtube, and I'm pretty sure even after I change it my channel would still come up if you search up Rainkid, for a while at least, and all my videos with "Rainkid" in the title would still come up. so that's kind of an irrelevant reason

I find "Rainkid" kind of emo in a way I guess, and I'm not emo or anything and that's not a way i want to be perceived. And I can always remove 64 from my youtube channel and the only reason i have it is because of some musician with "Rainkid" in their username, so I guess the main issue with the username is "rain"

I could change my username to something else ending in "kid" or something completely different, I have a possible idea for something another username that I probably wont put here for now.
I have also been told not to change my username because the username I have been working with for about two years now is too iconic. and that's probably why I'm hesitating on changing my username, I've done too much with the username Rainkid and I'm recognized by that name, but then again if I don't change my username I'll make an even bigger name for myself under that name and I'll possibly regret it. Or maybe ill grow to like "Rainkid" again

anyway I would really like to hear all the opinions here, thanks

-not sure how to sign off

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 12:13:01

RainGuy.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 12:47:28

Your account and your decision. Do what you want

ehh

Thanks to everyone that replied and gave me their opinions.

although, I'm not trying to change identity.

It's just that I don't really like the name, but I have been told that the name is too iconic to leave so yeah.

thanks everyone for your feedback and I will keep it all in mind!

iu_1155999_12376434.webp

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 14:09:14

I changed my username multiple times throughout my time on the internet.

(in chronological order)

PrototypeX17

Autopilot

Seph (ugh what? lol)

TheDukeofJuke

Jojo Dreamstar

Then I decided to combine the silliness of "TheDukeofJuke" with the seriousness of "Jojo Dreamstar"

and that became the username that I just ultimately resonated with, that being "Jojo Jukestar" or just "Jukestar".

The username is also a nod to David Bowie with "Ziggy Stardust" as his last album "Blackstar" helped me conquer my crippling fear of death.

So go crazy, dude! Find a username that resonates with you on a super deep level!

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 15:28:36

At 2/1/24 02:09 PM, Jojo wrote: I changed my username multiple times throughout my time on the internet.

(in chronological order)

PrototypeX17
Autopilot
Seph (ugh what? lol)
TheDukeofJuke
Jojo Dreamstar

Then I decided to combine the silliness of "TheDukeofJuke" with the seriousness of "Jojo Dreamstar"
and that became the username that I just ultimately resonated with, that being "Jojo Jukestar" or just "Jukestar".
The username is also a nod to David Bowie with "Ziggy Stardust" as his last album "Blackstar" helped me conquer my crippling fear of death.

So go crazy, dude! Find a username that resonates with you on a super deep level!

if it was just this small account i had i probably wouldnt hesitate to change it

but I've kinda made a name for myself and in alot of my animations i refer to myself as rainkid.

i get your point though

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 16:53:13

You'll need supporter in order to change your username.

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-01 17:20:04

At 2/1/24 03:28 PM, Rainkid wrote:
At 2/1/24 02:09 PM, Jojo wrote: I changed my username multiple times throughout my time on the internet.

(in chronological order)

PrototypeX17
Autopilot
Seph (ugh what? lol)
TheDukeofJuke
Jojo Dreamstar

if it was just this small account i had i probably wouldnt hesitate to change it
but I've kinda made a name for myself and in alot of my animations i refer to myself as rainkid.

i get your point though

Just make a video and highlight it so your audience knows you changed your username.

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-02 11:40:54

At 2/1/24 04:53 PM, Dreggsu wrote: You'll need supporter in order to change your username.

I know

Response to idk if i should change my username 2024-02-02 14:13:34

If you want to change your username, I don't see why not.

I should change my username aswelll, because the fe3l1ngsk1lledd username has got me bored.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature