00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

chris3342001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tried getting myself on Soundcloud and it just sucked; barely got little to no recognition. Not to mention limited uploads. Hopefully I'm in the right place for myself since I want to get involved in a community full of likeminded musicians and hobbyists.

Rafael Nithaiah

Response to New here 2024-01-29 06:36:18

Welcome! 🥳 I personally love it here, I hope you do too. Keep active and you'll make a tone of friends.

BBS Signature

Response to New here 2024-01-29 14:05:46

From my experience you will get recognized if you will make good stuff :)

BBS Signature

Response to New here 2024-01-29 19:26:52

At 1/29/24 05:18 AM, rafaelnithamix wrote: tried getting myself on Soundcloud and it just sucked; barely got little to no recognition. Not to mention limited uploads. Hopefully I'm in the right place for myself since I want to get involved in a community full of likeminded musicians and hobbyists.

Welcome dud. I assure you things are great for musicians over here

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to New here 2024-01-30 15:35:14

Makin quality content will always get you plenty of fans, but being active on forums and reviewing other people’s tracks speeds up that process. Welcome to NG!

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to New here 2024-02-07 13:22:00

welcome! I hope newgrounds will be your last decision at music posting.

Response to New here 2024-02-09 00:18:36 (edited 2024-02-09 00:19:38)

Hello! Ive been here for several months, closing in on a year

The support you get is great, especially if you stay consistent! You meet a lot of really cool people

Charl

Response to New here 2024-02-10 12:25:39

At 1/29/24 05:18 AM, rafaelnithamix wrote: tried getting myself on Soundcloud and it just sucked; barely got little to no recognition. Not to mention limited uploads. Hopefully I'm in the right place for myself since I want to get involved in a community full of likeminded musicians and hobbyists.

I can assure you, if you bother to get involved with the community at all, you will get noticed! All you have to do is post regularly, be it audio, a forum discussion, etc., and make a proper introduction on your profile -- I am so and so, this is what I do, I plan to xyz. People will begin following you based on this.

The more people follow you, the more people are likely to give you reviews, I've found. Similarly if you give reviews, often you will get reviews. You can also post to the audio advertisement thread.

Some users such as myself share audio resources like samples, instruments, and FX which will be worth your while. @LD-W comes to mind, and @Quarl too. I'll be coming out with a full list of all the user created audio resources I can find and posting them to my news in March. This past month I did a general freebies list.

Anyway I'm talking a mile a minute. My point is NG is WAY cooler than SC. Haven't made a dime off of the platform itself, but it's not hard to get commissions, and NG culture is geared toward supporting independent artists, not paying for plays.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to New here 2024-02-10 14:06:44 (edited 2024-02-10 14:06:53)

A lot of creative scenes can feel disheartening and barren because there isn't a lot of out reach to have meaningful relationships between top artists, peers, fans, and labels. Newgrounds users on the other hand have had decades to form their own philosophies about how to keep a homogeneous creative environment. Some of us older users just want to foster the same unique playground we grew up in. I don't waste a lot of time listening to what the pros are up to because I've seen a number of them come from here first. I enjoy feeling like I have some kind of influence on what the future can hold in regards to sound...

As an adult, Newgrounds is the closest thing I have to a University. I loved art school because I was surrounded by creative misfits and like minded nut cases that were ready to do something stupid in the name of art at the drop of a dime. Inspiration was everywhere but versus the cost of a University I think Newgrounds has more long term value, especially if you really get yourself involved in events and competitions. Your peers can help drive you to new plateaus. It's not always a perfect ecosystem but at least we have a sense of comradery, pseudo-family vibes, and mirth.

I don't see anyone here posting a link to the Discord channel but a lot of us here use it. Remains active and it's the first place I like to send newer users. The audio contests that get advertised usually have consistent conversations going on:

https://discord.gg/C8e5he3a

quarl BandCamp