00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Songs You Found Because of Memes

980 Views | 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 1/25/24 08:26 AM, Thetageist wrote: What music did you discover via a meme and start listening to unironically? I think mine have been too many to count, but most notably the whole Dr. Livesey craze of last year was the reason I found the phonk genre and discovered just how hard it goes.

Your turn!

I was moody one day and I so happened to find this meme that cheered me up. I loved the animations that matched with it and the song was mad boppin.

The meme in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyO61gfYPL8

The song fucking slaps, here it is. The creator of the meme was nice enough to put it in the description. The title of the track being PIRATE_RIP_GHETTOBASS by Adolf Nomura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X47idNnWCJ0

In conclusion. Sonic did hit that dingle wingle.

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-28 23:42:31

which of course was used in

"i am my dreams."

a/autumn/aden, any pronouns, gnc, pan

my website: https://acheney.xyz

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-28 23:46:38

oh and also

used in

"i am my dreams."

a/autumn/aden, any pronouns, gnc, pan

my website: https://acheney.xyz

There was one song from a TikTok video that was just “cunt cunt cunt” over and over and it amused me to no end

hello

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 02:50:59

Quite a few, mainly old school ones:

• Ievan Polkka from Leekspin
  • Dragostea Din Tei from Numa Numa
  • Running in the 90s from lol, internet
  • What is Love from that Night at the Roxbury GIF and Don't Eat the Mushroom
  • The Chiptune version of Fangad av em Stormvind from OMFGDOGS

I guess this one could count:

• Ding Dong Song from at least two Stick Figures on Crack videos

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 06:08:41

Can't believe I forgot about Balla Da Li from the Awesome Face.

SHA LA LA LA LA.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 06:51:24

other than maybe touhou music from random YTPMVs I don't think I've ever found anything I don't absolutely despise coming from a meme.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 07:02:15

I suddenly remembered “I Can Walk On Water” by Basshunter, which was popular in the 2000s. I found out about it because of a Flipnote animation somebody else was watching on their DS.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 09:56:40

Rickroll

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-29 23:39:21

Now this is a topic I have been looking for for years! I am a big fan of songs that got popular online, and have been collecting them. One I could contribute to the discussion, and the latest one I found is "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Tears For Fears. It is featured in the Skibidi Toilet series, which I initially watched for ironic purposes, but this song in genuenly very nice.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 00:00:09

At 1/29/24 11:39 PM, Observator wrote: Now this is a topic I have been looking for for years! I am a big fan of songs that got popular online, and have been collecting them. One I could contribute to the discussion, and the latest one I found is "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Tears For Fears. It is featured in the Skibidi Toilet series, which I initially watched for ironic purposes, but this song in genuenly very nice.

Happy to see that the newest memes are getting people interested in older songs!

See, this is the great part about songs from memes. Because internet content can be made by anyone, you get a really wide variety of songs.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 00:25:26

At 1/27/24 04:59 PM, Bundeluxe wrote: People used a lot of Scatman John music in their youtube videos in the late 2000s, and that's how I discovered them back then. I still listen to Scatman's World pretty often.

I have divided people into two categories; those who agree with the lyrics of that song, and those who do not. If you do not agree with the lyrics, I wanna welcome you to Scatman's World!

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 01:00:19

iu_1154864_9770022.gif

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 01:12:46

Mary on a Cross by Ghost.

My Ordinary Life by The Living Tombstone.

The English cover of My Rachie.

The Good Kid cover of From the Start.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 01:13:06

At 1/25/24 08:26 AM, Thetageist wrote: What music did you discover via a meme and start listening to unironically? I think mine have been too many to count, but most notably the whole Dr. Livesey craze of last year was the reason I found the phonk genre and discovered just how hard it goes.

Your turn!

Roundabout by Yes, pretty good song that you only get to hear like 5 seconds of in the memes

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 01:49:28

Got introduced to Absolute Territory by Ken Ashcorp because of cen0.

iu_1154886_9200308.png

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 07:36:09

At 1/30/24 01:13 AM, TheBestBroster wrote:

Your turn!
Roundabout by Yes, pretty good song that you only get to hear like 5 seconds of in the memes

Me too!

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 07:36:40

At 1/30/24 01:00 AM, Narratorway wrote: Freaks - Timmy Trumpet

A good song to play when your moon’s not home.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 07:37:48

At 1/30/24 12:25 AM, Jojo wrote:
At 1/27/24 04:59 PM, Bundeluxe wrote: People used a lot of Scatman John music in their youtube videos in the late 2000s, and that's how I discovered them back then. I still listen to Scatman's World pretty often.
I have divided people into two categories; those who agree with the lyrics of that song, and those who do not. If you do not agree with the lyrics, I wanna welcome you to Scatman's World!

BA BO BEEP BO BAPADA

BA BA BOP BEEP BOPADEE

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 15:31:06

Metamorphosis by Interworld. It's a simple, yet really cool song!

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 18:14:59

Yeah! There's a ton actually.

Running in the 90's

The Macintosh Plus

Dancing

And many more, yeah, a ton.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-01-30 20:14:02

At 1/27/24 09:46 PM, ItsRohan wrote: Smells like teen spirit i learned from weired AL's song "smells like nirvana"

I learned of like 35% of all my music from Weird al lol i was obsessed once my parents bought Running with Scissors for a long car ride.

As for my contribution (so glad this hasnt been mentioned cuz i can gush) I heard this song randomly on a YT short and immediately love at first listen. Had to track down the song and after repeatedly listening to it on repeat for like a week straight, obsessing over the thought of singing it (very poorly) in kareoke next time i got the chance it kinda became a micro-obsession lol

This was the short

and

the full song

Also if you want some meme-y songs ive been going thru Brad Neely's songs on YT

No fear. No pain.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-02-01 09:27:26

At 1/30/24 01:13 AM, TheBestBroster wrote:

Your turn!

I was lucky enough to discover that Yes song before the meme blew up. B)

BBS Signature

I brought up my meme songs playlist, and here are the few:

"Little Dark Age" by MGMT, from hyperborea meme videos

"Hello" by OMFG, dont think it needs an introduction

""Shreksophone"" - dont know the original, tell me if you know

"Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace, from the Morrowind bloodmon tribute

"All I Want" by Offspring, not connected to any particular meme, just a cool song I found through meme culture

whatever goes by name "MC MENTAL at his best Lyrics" - dont know the context

"Club Foot" by Kasabian, this one was used a lot on my local TV, but I figured the name after playing Alan Wake

"Once In A Lifetime" by Talking Heads, first heard it "performed" by G-man in CoreyLaddo video

"Crazy Frog" by Axel F, this song itself is a meme

"Trance" by 009 Sound System Dreamscape, a song associated with old youtube "unregistered hypercam" mute tutorial videos, where a person writes words on the windows notepad explaining whatever

"Nightcall" by Kavinsky, this song played in a "Drive" movie

"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence, another well-known one, though I learned of it with memes

"Blue" by Eiffel 65

"Deja Vu" by Dave Rodgers, meme-y eurodance song

"Mandala" by Fly Project, never really heard this one in memes, but it played in summer camp when I was 7, so I have a sentimental connection to it

Ghostface playa - why not (that livesey one)

Imagine dragons - Enemy (that wawa cat song)

Jain - makeba (that relaxing videos song)

Excision - the paradox (dj construction worker)

Kobrayo - SUPER EMULATOR (3d gif dubstep)

Electric avenue by Eddy Grant (also known as Wacky Wizards Causing Mayhem In Arby's Theme)

At 1/27/24 06:18 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/27/24 04:23 PM, Spaggo wrote: This
Oh God, I remember this one.

I also found the original that this one is based on! Good music, despite the author seeming like a bit of a gooner from looking at his other stuff.

Probably one of my favorite meme songs.

Also Syrsa does seem like a pretty weird guy, but I'd also say that he is very skilled and prolific with working on his projects like Zerahypt, even if he clearly puts his fetish into a lot of his designs. I think if you can look past that stuff or accept it, then he has a lot of interesting content to sift through. But I understand why it turns people off from his work and is probably the reason why he can't gain an audience.

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-02-12 00:01:41

At 2/11/24 11:45 PM, Machosquatch wrote:
At 1/27/24 06:18 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/27/24 04:23 PM, Spaggo wrote: This
Oh God, I remember this one.

I also found the original that this one is based on! Good music, despite the author seeming like a bit of a gooner from looking at his other stuff.
Probably one of my favorite meme songs.
Also Syrsa does seem like a pretty weird guy, but I'd also say that he is very skilled and prolific with working on his projects like Zerahypt, even if he clearly puts his fetish into a lot of his designs. I think if you can look past that stuff or accept it, then he has a lot of interesting content to sift through. But I understand why it turns people off from his work and is probably the reason why he can't gain an audience.

Yeah. I definitely could take a look, though I’m cynical now and believe that detailed sci-fi projects with fetishy overtones come a dime a dozen. In fact, from my experience, it seems to be one of the more common outlets men with autism or similar disorders have for trying to understand the world around them, and their own feelings towards other people, while not necessarily understanding what’s considered appropriate for a creative project they want to get a following from.

I just tend to stay away from content like that, not only because it’s a reminder of idealized images I don’t live up to, but also because it can be a beacon for people with all kinds of issues that I wouldn’t want to mix with.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs You Found Because of Memes 2024-02-13 13:57:03

Your turn!

the entire metal gear rising revengeance soundtrack after discovering there will be bloodshed

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Newgrounds!

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Youtube!

BBS Signature