00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I thought my mixes were off...

101 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Like every time I panned anything, adjusted instrument levels, mastered, and then bounced, it never sounded like what I was hearing when I listened back to the track through my phone or through headphones. Weird instruments were way too loud but didn't sound loud in my studio. This was happening for a whole week!

Then I realised all it was is I'd accidentally switched my right monitor off when I was cleaning my desk.

iu_1150717_7308552.gif

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to I thought my mixes were off... 2024-01-22 10:00:13

🤣 fuck man, that's rough. I've not realised I had something bypassed but never not noticed I was missing half of the stereo image. I hope you didn't get to far in before you clocked.

BBS Signature

Response to I thought my mixes were off... 2024-01-22 10:23:37

At 1/22/24 10:00 AM, SkankyMojo wrote: 🤣 fuck man, that's rough. I've not realised I had something bypassed but never not noticed I was missing half of the stereo image. I hope you didn't get to far in before you clocked.

I weirdly accounted for it by adjusting my mix to account for the problem when I bounced. Really daft week, but luckily it only affected me for a week :)

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to I thought my mixes were off... 2024-01-22 11:40:11

At 1/22/24 10:23 AM, wobwobrob wrote:
At 1/22/24 10:00 AM, SkankyMojo wrote: 🤣 fuck man, that's rough. I've not realised I had something bypassed but never not noticed I was missing half of the stereo image. I hope you didn't get to far in before you clocked.
I weirdly accounted for it by adjusting my mix to account for the problem when I bounced. Really daft week, but luckily it only affected me for a week :)

Man, I feel you. I swear my ears just make shit up if I'm overtired. This kinda thing is so easily done when your dumb human brain is happy to fill in the gaps.

BBS Signature