00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN!

13,534 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 05:55:30

I didn't know about this. This will be fun!

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 05:56:53

MY LORD!!! I can't believe it!!! THIS IS HAPPENING 😍😍😍

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 06:02:29

At 1/7/24 04:35 PM, RGPAnims wrote: NEWS POST MIRROR: https://rgpanims.newgrounds.com/news/post/1414262

It’s been far too long since the release of Volume 8 back in 2013. But all of that changes today!

With all of the new Sonic media coming out recently from games to films, @thewax70 and I - along with the rest of @TheSonicParadoxTeam - are proud to announce...

For anyone not in the know, Sonic Shorts has been a long-withstanding series of animation collabs centred around the titular blue blur and all of the shenanigans surrounding him and the many pieces of media associated with the character.

For this volume in particular, we'll be operating things differently compared to previous ones through the use of a vetting process. After the absence of this series for nearly a decade, we want to ensure a high level of quality in both the animation and humour with this volume and onwards. If you’d like to know more on how to apply, and what the guidelines are for this project, continue reading below!

APPLICATION PROCESS:
We’re opening submissions to the community on a selective basis, while there’s a roster of people on board already, we’d like to give people the opportunity to join as well. You can apply by submitting your email, username and either demo reel, portfolio OR best sample of your animated work through the Google Forms below. Afterwards, we’ll then let you know if you’ve been accepted and send you an invite to the Discord Server. For newcomers, keep in mind that this will be an ANIMATION collab, so applications containing no examples of animation will not be accepted.

APPLY HERE:
https://forms.gle/AWpXUJ3XRFEDo64B8

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:
The deadline for applications will be on FEBRUARY 1 2024.
Final submissions are due by JUNE 9 2024.

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

We’re ready to strike back and remind the world of how far the Sonic community has come, so let’s do this! Best of luck to everyone applying!
- RGP

I don't know what to animate, but I'm in

[davidmations]

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 06:42:03

you think we. Can work together on this

At 1/8/24 05:55 AM, BoiledMilkz wrote: I didn't know about this. This will be fun!

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Finally! After (almost) 11 years since the previous short... The OG classic has finally returned! I seriously grew up with Sonic Shorts since I was little! I'm hyped to see all the hard work the fans put into this new short! I hope that the project goes well as planned! 👍👍

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 07:57:15

Hum i wanna apply, but how i can send the demo videos?

Holy hell, if only I practiced drawing and animating in all these years since I last applied to Sonic Paradox. Oh well, I'm looking forward to this!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 08:40:35

This is gonna be damn good.

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 09:15:09

A hell yeah i in

LETS A GO!

*Press nut*

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 09:29:41

i remember watching a volume of sonic shorts when i was younger i think

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 09:33:29

I'm currently trying to apply, but according to the application process, can I enter at least ONE username from any of the mentioned websites?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 09:53:34

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 10:00:14

here's my entry

iu_1143307_7939671.png

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 10:02:22

At 1/7/24 04:35 PM, RGPAnims wrote: NEWS POST MIRROR: https://rgpanims.newgrounds.com/news/post/1414262

It’s been far too long since the release of Volume 8 back in 2013. But all of that changes today!

With all of the new Sonic media coming out recently from games to films, @thewax70 and I - along with the rest of @TheSonicParadoxTeam - are proud to announce...

For anyone not in the know, Sonic Shorts has been a long-withstanding series of animation collabs centred around the titular blue blur and all of the shenanigans surrounding him and the many pieces of media associated with the character.

For this volume in particular, we'll be operating things differently compared to previous ones through the use of a vetting process. After the absence of this series for nearly a decade, we want to ensure a high level of quality in both the animation and humour with this volume and onwards. If you’d like to know more on how to apply, and what the guidelines are for this project, continue reading below!

APPLICATION PROCESS:
We’re opening submissions to the community on a selective basis, while there’s a roster of people on board already, we’d like to give people the opportunity to join as well. You can apply by submitting your email, username and either demo reel, portfolio OR best sample of your animated work through the Google Forms below. Afterwards, we’ll then let you know if you’ve been accepted and send you an invite to the Discord Server. For newcomers, keep in mind that this will be an ANIMATION collab, so applications containing no examples of animation will not be accepted.

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

We’re ready to strike back and remind the world of how far the Sonic community has come, so let’s do this! Best of luck to everyone applying!
- RGP

I Can't Wait Come Out

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 10:30:02

Question: Is stop-motion allowed?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 10:46:10

As much as I as want to apply and join, I am sadly not an animator myself; however, I am very excited to know that Sonic Shorts is coming back! I root for anybody who will be apart of this collaboration of content, and I hope to see amazing work on Volume 9 and hopefully we can get a Volume 10 by the end of the year or get up to Volume 16 in the future if it is possible to do so. Good luck to everyone who gets a part of this one and hope to see more Sonic Shorts as the years go by.

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 11:24:55

that's cool and all, but sonic shits 3 when?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 11:54:56

Is any animation style acceptable? I ask because I have been utilizing gmod for animating (it's not as easy as one may think). Need to make sure that is fine before I do anything.

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 12:09:36

At 1/8/24 12:01 PM, Cartoonist89 wrote:

APPLICATION PROCESS:

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

- RGP
I could draw but I can't animate.

I'm on the opposite bit. I can animate, but my drawing is not great (been looking at getting an iPad pro to improve as I am not going to get any better if I don't practice).

I wish I had the chops to do this. It's a big deal to still see Sonic get so much love. Seeing animators bring him to life is one of the reasons I got into art. To prove it, here are some of my fan art drawings from 15 years ago (Jan, 2009)

iu_1143394_4138429.pngiu_1143392_4138429.webpiu_1143393_4138429.webp

As you can see, I was based. I wish I had that dog in me to go back and make Sonic do cool shit like play soccer or skateboard.

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 13:48:17

Oh yeah, I remember watching Sonic shorts when i was little. They were all hilarious

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 14:21:44

LETS FUCKING GO I'VE WAITED MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD FOR THIS

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 15:41:18

i’m not in a position to apply rn but if anyone wants a storyboard artist for their short, just hit me up

https://linktr.ee/MattyP

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 17:18:33

Wow so this is where all the animators are hiding.

If enough people posting here actually create content, we could even have

Dare I say it

A Volume 10?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 17:22:41

At 1/7/24 09:46 PM, kakuyamii wrote: NO FUCKING WAY

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 19:58:41

Fingers crossed for a sequel to "Metropolis Mayhem", as well!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 20:08:16

NO. FUCKING. WAY!!!!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 20:12:22

APPLICATION PROCESS:

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

- RGP

DUDE. I remember watching these when I was still in Elementary. Stoked to see this collab haha

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 20:29:21

GOD DAMMIT! I GOTTA GET MY PORTFOLIO UP I WANNA BE A PART OF THIS SHIT SO BAD!!!!!!!!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 23:39:17

I wish I knew how to animate lol