00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chyni just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN!

13,433 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NEWS POST MIRROR: https://rgpanims.newgrounds.com/news/post/1414262

It’s been far too long since the release of Volume 8 back in 2013. But all of that changes today!

With all of the new Sonic media coming out recently from games to films, @thewax70 and I - along with the rest of @TheSonicParadoxTeam - are proud to announce...

iu_1142888_4909493.gif

For anyone not in the know, Sonic Shorts has been a long-withstanding series of animation collabs centred around the titular blue blur and all of the shenanigans surrounding him and the many pieces of media associated with the character.

For this volume in particular, we'll be operating things differently compared to previous ones through the use of a vetting process. After the absence of this series for nearly a decade, we want to ensure a high level of quality in both the animation and humour with this volume and onwards. If you’d like to know more on how to apply, and what the guidelines are for this project, continue reading below!

APPLICATION PROCESS:

We’re opening submissions to the community on a selective basis, while there’s a roster of people on board already, we’d like to give people the opportunity to join as well. You can apply by submitting your email, username and either demo reel, portfolio OR best sample of your animated work through the Google Forms below. Afterwards, we’ll then let you know if you’ve been accepted and send you an invite to the Discord Server. For newcomers, keep in mind that this will be an ANIMATION collab, so applications containing no examples of animation will not be accepted.

APPLY HERE:

https://forms.gle/AWpXUJ3XRFEDo64B8

Don’t take it personally if you don’t hear back, more volumes and projects will be hosted by the Paradox team in the near future, so there’s always another chance to get in!

SPECIFICATIONS:

LENGTH:

• 10-60 seconds (semi-flexible)

FRAME RATE:

• 24fps

DIMENSIONS:

• 1920 x 1080 (if you're using pure vector art, the file can be upscaled in Swivel, but it must maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio)

FORMAT:

• MP4

DEADLINES:

The deadline for applications will be on FEBRUARY 1 2024.

• Any late applications after that date will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, but most likely you will not be accepted in afterwards.

Final submissions are due by JUNE 9 2024.

We’d like to accomplish this collab in a reasonable timeframe BY Sonic’s anniversary and we need time to edit this collab together.

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

• Keep it pertaining to the Sonic universe and any related canons (mainline games, movie series, IDW comics, SatAM, etc). Also no fan-characters or OCs (donut steel).
  • Humour-focused collab. While action and drama aren’t prohibited, make sure that they’re at least involved in the joke.
  • Try to avoid meme-ish jokes and low hanging fruit, along with overly technical jokes (remember: show, don’t tell!). Be creative and original and add your own special flavour to it! (Side note, this also includes avoiding jokes involving “Character Gets Hit by _ or Runs Into _”, unless the slapstick is A PART of an overall, more clever gag.)
  • Sexual themes are fine in moderation, but don't overuse them. Nudity will also be completely prohibited (we’re aiming for a TEEN rating)
  • Progress on your submissions can be shared online, but hold off on posting your full entries until the full collab is released. Keep shared previews to screenshots or GIFs.
  • If you have any concerns about your ideas and the rules, contact us in the Discord server about it!

SUBMISSION:

• Once you've completed your animated shorts, post them to the collab Discord server, or DM either myself or @thewax70 with the final video files.

We’re ready to strike back and remind the world of how far the Sonic community has come, so let’s do this! Best of luck to everyone applying!

- RGP

Just another Aussie animator/artist/editor/voice actor. G'DAY, MATES.

YouTube

Twitter

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 21:46:49

NO FUCKING WAY

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 21:48:43

I WANNA APPLY ITS BEEN MY DREAM TO DO THIS EVER SINCE I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD ON 2012 HOLY SHIT

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 21:50:27

At 1/7/24 04:35 PM, RGPAnims wrote: NEWS POST MIRROR: https://rgpanims.newgrounds.com/news/post/1414262

It’s been far too long since the release of Volume 8 back in 2013. But all of that changes today!

With all of the new Sonic media coming out recently from games to films, @thewax70 and I - along with the rest of @TheSonicParadoxTeam - are proud to announce...

For anyone not in the know, Sonic Shorts has been a long-withstanding series of animation collabs centred around the titular blue blur and all of the shenanigans surrounding him and the many pieces of media associated with the character.

For this volume in particular, we'll be operating things differently compared to previous ones through the use of a vetting process. After the absence of this series for nearly a decade, we want to ensure a high level of quality in both the animation and humour with this volume and onwards. If you’d like to know more on how to apply, and what the guidelines are for this project, continue reading below!

APPLICATION PROCESS:
We’re opening submissions to the community on a selective basis, while there’s a roster of people on board already, we’d like to give people the opportunity to join as well. You can apply by submitting your email, username and either demo reel, portfolio OR best sample of your animated work through the Google Forms below. Afterwards, we’ll then let you know if you’ve been accepted and send you an invite to the Discord Server. For newcomers, keep in mind that this will be an ANIMATION collab, so applications containing no examples of animation will not be accepted.

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

We’re ready to strike back and remind the world of how far the Sonic community has come, so let’s do this! Best of luck to everyone applying!
- RGP

HO. LY. SHIT.

these grounds feel new again all of a sudden...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 21:57:53

I love sonic shorts ever since I was a kid, god I wanna be apart of it

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:09:06

Well, this' absolutely hilarious! I've been watching the Sonic shorts series since YouTube existed on the Wii. I'll try to be around to see what volume 9 has to offer lol.

Honestly, not even sure on how good my music is compared to everyone else

I won't expect anything if I barely get anywhere... lol

But if I somehow do, whatever.. 22:25 7/10/23

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:11:43

@TheSonicParadoxTeam @thewax70 i want to join that shorts parody bc i like Sonic shorts so pls join it

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:20:13

I'm looking forward too this

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:25:13

I'm all up entering to this.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:40:25

Are the shorts silent only, or is voice acting acceptable for this? If so, hit me up for Sonic voices! I can do Sonic (Drummond, Griffith and RCS), Knuckles (Dan Green, Elba and Dave B Mitchel), Shadow (Griffith), Eggman (Pollock, my own version), Silver, Espio and Vector. Sonic voices are a specialty

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 22:41:23

At 1/7/24 10:40 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote: Are the shorts silent only, or is voice acting acceptable for this? If so, hit me up for Sonic voices! I can do Sonic (Drummond, Griffith and RCS), Knuckles (Dan Green, Elba and Dave B Mitchel), Shadow (Griffith), Eggman (Pollock, my own version), Silver, Espio and Vector. Sonic voices are a specialty

Voice acting is accepted for Shorts! I'll DM you more info

Just another Aussie animator/artist/editor/voice actor. G'DAY, MATES.

YouTube

Twitter

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:01:22

OH MY GOSH, I HOPE I GET IN THIS ONE IN A YEAR OPPORTUNITY AND IF I DON'T THIS WILL BE AN AMAZING PARADOX FROM TALENTED ANIMATORS AND ARTIST!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:02:38

same bro oh my god

-pw3r

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:05:32

I would LOVE to participate in this project!

Since I already partook in Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM, I suppose I could whip up something Sonic-related.

Oh my fucking god I knew this was gonna happen. I need to get involved in this one way or another. I would like to become a writer for you. I was thinking about voice acting, but I still need some improvement. Damn I forgot my password to my Google account. I need to sign this form. I hope this will work. Are you gonna do this or coordinate this on discord because I can do it on there just so you know I have a portfolio of writing and voice acting My voice acting kind of sucks so I’m gonna go for writing kind of a rookie, but I’m good with dark humour and have a very good understanding of the sonic lore I could throw in a few Easter eggs may be a reference to the movies. What’s your policy on ships?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:18:52

At 1/7/24 04:35 PM, RGPAnims wrote: NEWS POST MIRROR: https://rgpanims.newgrounds.com/news/post/1414262

APPLICATION PROCESS:

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

- RGP

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

iu_1143125_5359647.jpg

Amateur Voice Actor! Hooray! MondoJaeVA! Send me a DM.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:19:46

looks neat, I used to watch shorts alot as a kid so it be cool to be one. gunna prolly get my portfolio in order first then send it up in

MARSHYBRUH

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-07 23:54:55

APPLICATION PROCESS:

APPLY HERE:

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH:
FRAME RATE:
DIMENSIONS:
FORMAT:

DEADLINES:

GUIDELINES & NOTES:

SUBMISSION:

- RGP

HOLY FUCK

One time I ate a LEGO because I was bored

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 00:19:51

MY CHILDHOOD IS BACK BABY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This ain't a scene, this is a goddamn arms race"

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 00:43:41

"time to go way past cool"

Opens Newgrounds and see Sonic Shorts Volume 9 on the homepage: https://youtu.be/LwA34KgHvmo?feature=shared&t=64

Welcome back, you guys! Big fan of Sonic Shorts since late 2008! :)

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 00:58:55

I’VE MISSED YOU MY BELOVED

Your an amphibious one, aren’t you?

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 01:13:43

wow as a sonic fan and game creator I wish I was good with animation, this looks awesome!

MetaMike

This is no longer a Democracy

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 01:36:57

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 01:39:22

holy shit it's happening

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 02:30:20

Already sent my application!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 02:40:06

HOLY SHIT

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 02:41:36

Return of the King

Hope I can join up, looking forward to seeing what everyone's gonna make!

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 04:38:01

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Ο ήχος του δημιουργού μας, το πεπρωμένο μας του πνεύματος, η αγκαλιά του σύμπαντος.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Shorts: Volume 9 | APPLICATIONS OPEN! 2024-01-08 05:46:02

i like sonic universe and all that, and despite that i'm not participating due to the lack of free time i wish all the best for whoever is about to apply/already applied!