00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

namilos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Original Project Creator Crew

304 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-05 15:23:51

Hey all, it would be nice to connect with people who are working on their own projects (unfinished, WIPs or in the process of being made). Being a creator is one of the most isolating hobbies/ career choice someone can have, we live in our heads and that can separate us from our social groups and friends, especially if they aren't creative. It's also difficult being an original project creator due to it being relatively unknown. It can be exhausting being a creative, to want to tell stories to only have popular media drown it out.

I want you to know that you don't have to live in your mind, that there's a place you can come to hang out and tell us about your stories and characters (you don't have to spoil the plot).

If you want somewhere to share your wips/characters/ask for feedback feel free. I'm hoping to create a place where we can brainstorm or bounce off ideas to help each other or just have a place of people who understand what the grind is like.

Some rules:

• Be respectful, no targeting people on their race, sexuality, gender etc
  • This isn't just a place to advertise your stuff, hoping to make this into something far more than that.
  • NG Rules cover most of what I would write here.
  • Please no fetish stuff. This will be SFW.

Who is welcome?

• Anyone who has an original creation, it doesn't have to be published or finished.
  • Artists, Writers, Game Designers, Musicians etc. (Have music you've made for your OC's? Share it with us!)
  • Any skill level is welcome.
  • People looking for encouragement, if you needed a sign to work on your own project, this is it!
  • OC creators, have an OC you have and want to write into a story for but aren't sure what? We can help, we can also give feedback to make the design stronger if needed.
  • People looking for advice on where to start.
  • Those going crazy in their heads wanting to froth at the mouth over the characters they've made but having no one to tell.

Feel free to introduce yourselves below with one of your characters!

BBS Signature

Hey, I am making a manga about sports, MMA and struggles in life.

Glad you made this crew.

I am an amateur artist and a writer. Trying to learn many ways to succeed.

ZombieGhost

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-05 22:21:47

At 1/5/24 09:28 PM, ZombieGhost wrote: Hey, I am making a manga about sports, MMA and struggles in life.

Glad you made this crew.

Hey, welcome to the crew! That's awesome, is the sport based on any you play irl? I've tried to make sporty characters before who was a rugby player but it was difficult to write a character that is so opposite to me, so I put them on the backburner for a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-05 23:11:50

Aight! This might help me! Also would be cool to meet new people around.

Welcome to Mechatropic. One of the many cities in the skies where nature and technology coexist in harmony, where there are many things to see and enjoy. Get lost in the big city, go to the beach, or more huge places.

After a fatal event known as Genesis, where humanity was nearly extinct, masterminds around the world created this and other places where humanity could continue to progress. At first it was not entirely harmony. The lack of food and water was noticeable, and it would take a long time to get the basics back. (Fake food sucks.) Fortunately everything worked, and society was able to get back up without problems!

There are other cities besides Mechatronic, depending on the part of the world. Some are under the sea like Aquacross or a city in the western desert in Empearal. The possibilities are too many! But let's cut to the chase, shall we?

Meet May and Mumble.

She is a teenage robot. The other doesn't even know that she is she (And neither do we).

And the two are a powerful duo.

The two have crazy adventures in this Mechatropic city. Where there are many things to see and enjoy.

A simple day of school, going to the beach or other things will end in action, chaos and adventure.

May Foster (May)

iu_1141932_9123886.webp

May is a joker.

-"Dude, you're not going to believe me, seriously, yesterday I went with my friends and I the next day i woke up inside a ballpit the next day, lmao-"

Meet May.

May Foster.

She is a teenage tomboy robot. Relaxed, youthful, careless, sarcastic, somewhat brutish, mischievous and a little rebellious (No bad intentions), airheaded. She's a bit lazy and especially a "she hits first and asks questions later" type, but with a heart of gold, she knows how to defend herself quite well, and she's always ready for an adventure if there's a chance. Despite that, she doesn't see herself as a hero or anything like that. She only does what she believes is right.

• Height: 165 (5'5)

• Date of birth: 12/23/??

• Likes: Food (Pizza is her favorite), sleeping, video games, baseball, music, and an adventure from time to time.

• Hates: Henriette, being grounded, eating fish, eggnog (She hates it), and assholes.

May was created with the purpose of being the daughter that Professor Foster could never have. She being a robot very different from the others in the city, with her own mind and emotions, is able to fit in with the majority... Except with bad guys who want her heart, a Layla Stone for perverse purposes!

Fortunately, May knows how to defend herself more than well, she doesn't need a lazer cannon or the need to fly, her fists and kicks are more than enough, but with Mumble? The beat kicks and they start rocking.

Mumble

iu_1141933_9123886.webp

Mumble is complicated.

-"And who cares. Shut the hell up.”

Meet Mumble.

A strange and funny thing, the best way to describe it.

One thing remains clear with Mumble: Joking, sassy, cheeky, irascible, slightly selfish, talkative and sometimes sarcastic. Almost an jerk. Despite his rudeness, he doesn't insult May at all. Being friends with her and both having different personalities, it is obvious that he respects her and will stop insulting her if she says so (After a slight punch line), and will especially protect her from any danger. Mumble has a good heart at the bottom, is willing to help those in need, and has a strong sense of justice.

After all, evil piss him off.

• Length: 1.2m

• Date of birth: ??/??/??

• Likes: Being noticed, hitting someone, pointy and dangerous things.

• Hates: Henriette, evil, and everything that seems boring or it doesn't care.

Using Mumble is like using a yo-yo, a whhip a jump rope, a flying hook, a rodeo rope, among other moves you can think of! A situation where the two complement each other in their movements. A duo indeed.

Part 1 of uhhhh

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-05 23:26:20

At 1/5/24 10:21 PM, CosmicPunked wrote:
At 1/5/24 09:28 PM, ZombieGhost wrote: Hey, I am making a manga about sports, MMA and struggles in life.

Glad you made this crew.

Hey, welcome to the crew! That's awesome, is the sport based on any you play irl? I've tried to make sporty characters before who was a rugby player but it was difficult to write a character that is so opposite to me, so I put them on the backburner for a bit.

My story is based on me, and also my brother who used to do skateboard and he did some muau tai in the past. I got inspired by some movies and vaguely other stuff.

The idea is to accept the character as a new perspective to see through.

I don't use memories anymore to create characters, but rather feelings or opposition to my own point of view.

I will avoid talking about philosophy as much as I could.. So the idea is.

My protagonist is a loser at the start of the story, and get better in life through time.

But he have some ups and some downs too.

I try to stay grounded in my narrative, I have a co-writer who work with me.

We both are beginning in this, so its gonna take some times.

Like 6 months or more than that.

I am happy to join this crew.

ZombieGhost

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-06 07:11:29

At 1/5/24 11:11 PM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote:
Welcome to Mechatropic. One of the many cities in the skies where nature and technology coexist in harmony, where there are many things to see and enjoy. Get lost in the big city, go to the beach, or more huge places.
After a fatal event known as Genesis, where humanity was nearly extinct, masterminds around the world created this and other places where humanity could continue to progress. At first it was not entirely harmony. The lack of food and water was noticeable, and it would take a long time to get the basics back. (Fake food sucks.) Fortunately everything worked, and society was able to get back up without problems!
There are other cities besides Mechatronic, depending on the part of the world. Some are under the sea like Aquacross or a city in the western desert in Empearal. The possibilities are too many! But let's cut to the chase, shall we?

Meet May and Mumble.
She is a teenage robot. The other doesn't even know that she is she (And neither do we).
The two have crazy adventures in this Mechatropic city. Where there are many things to see and enjoy.

A simple day of school, going to the beach or other things will end in action, chaos and adventure.

May Foster (May)

May is a joker.
-"Dude, you're not going to believe me, seriously, yesterday I went with my friends and I the next day i woke up inside a ballpit the next day, lmao-"

Meet May.
May Foster.
She is a teenage tomboy robot. Relaxed, youthful, careless, sarcastic, somewhat brutish, mischievous and a little rebellious (No bad intentions), airheaded. She's a bit lazy and especially a "she hits first and asks questions later" type, but with a heart of gold, she knows how to defend herself quite well, and she's always ready for an adventure if there's a chance. Despite that, she doesn't see herself as a hero or anything like that. She only does what she believes is right.
• Likes: Food (Pizza is her favorite), sleeping, video games, baseball, music, and an adventure from time to time.
• Hates: Henriette, being grounded, eating fish, eggnog (She hates it), and assholes.

May was created with the purpose of being the daughter that Professor Foster could never have. She being a robot very different from the others in the city, with her own mind and emotions, is able to fit in with the majority... Except with bad guys who want her heart, a Layla Stone for perverse purposes!

Fortunately, May knows how to defend herself more than well, she doesn't need a lazer cannon or the need to fly, her fists and kicks are more than enough, but with Mumble? The beat kicks and they start rocking.

Mumble

Mumble is complicated.

Meet Mumble.
One thing remains clear with Mumble: Joking, sassy, cheeky, irascible, slightly selfish, talkative and sometimes sarcastic. Almost an jerk. Despite his rudeness, he doesn't insult May at all. Being friends with her and both having different personalities, it is obvious that he respects her and will stop insulting her if she says so (After a slight punch line), and will especially protect her from any danger. Mumble has a good heart at the bottom, is willing to help those in need, and has a strong sense of justice.

Using Mumble is like using a yo-yo, a whhip a jump rope, a flying hook, a rodeo rope, among other moves you can think of! A situation where the two complement each other in their movements. A duo indeed.

Very nice! I'm a sucker for cyberpunk-esque stories and it's good to see you're making the cyberpunk genre accessible to younger teenagers due to the story being told through the lens of one. It also seems you've caught the personalities of what a teenager would act like too at that age.

I'm curious, but if it spoils any plot you have then feel free to not answer! But how do you think May will react when she finds out she's a robot? It will be interesting to see a rebellious, free-spirited character find out their entire life was their father's attempt to try and get her to conform to humanity given she's a robot. Would that revelation alter her feelings towards her school friends/father/the world? Maybe she begins to realise how 'less sentient' 'technology' (kicking automatic bins if they don't open fast enough, banging on T.V's that don't work etc) has been treated from there on out and over time her view on the world lets her realise that the world is not very chill at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-06 07:18:28

At 1/5/24 11:26 PM, ZombieGhost wrote:
At 1/5/24 10:21 PM, CosmicPunked wrote:

Glad you made this crew.

My story is based on me, and also my brother who used to do skateboard and he did some muau tai in the past. I got inspired by some movies and vaguely other stuff.

The idea is to accept the character as a new perspective to see through.

I don't use memories anymore to create characters, but rather feelings or opposition to my own point of view.

I will avoid talking about philosophy as much as I could.. So the idea is.

My protagonist is a loser at the start of the story, and get better in life through time.

But he have some ups and some downs too.

I try to stay grounded in my narrative, I have a co-writer who work with me.

We both are beginning in this, so its gonna take some times.

Like 6 months or more than that.

I am happy to join this crew.

Nothing wrong with making characters that are similar to you, we write/draw because there is a story inside of us that we want to tell and if that expression is through using a character of yourself then that's the beauty of storytelling. Memories are a good way to write on experience, it makes the words feel more genuine and alive, so don't discount memories, they can liven up a character and personalities from friends and family embedded in that can make your story world feel a lot more alive.

Oh yeah, we all love an underdog in a story and I think you should read Joseph Campell's - it's not a story but it describes the steps of progression in a story that will help with grounding if you need help with that - It's a formula which be applied to most stories ever wrote.

Good luck with your project! If you would like to share any wips some time feel free to share them with us :)

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-06 12:41:39

Very nice! I'm a sucker for cyberpunk-esque stories and it's good to see you're making the cyberpunk genre accessible to younger teenagers due to the story being told through the lens of one. It also seems you've caught the personalities of what a teenager would act like too at that age.

I'm curious, but if it spoils any plot you have then feel free to not answer! But how do you think May will react when she finds out she's a robot? It will be interesting to see a rebellious, free-spirited character find out their entire life was their father's attempt to try and get her to conform to humanity given she's a robot. Would that revelation alter her feelings towards her school friends/father/the world? Maybe she begins to realise how 'less sentient' 'technology' (kicking automatic bins if they don't open fast enough, banging on T.V's that don't work etc) has been treated from there on out and over time her view on the world lets her realise that the world is not very chill at all.

Oh, that?

Yeah, May already knows she's a robot since day 1 of her existance. Heck, she even haves a grudge against vending machines all the time. Plus she doesn't mind kicking some bots asses.

That's why i said part 1 of uhhhh!

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-01-21 00:23:30

Meet May and Mumble.

May Foster (May)

May is a joker.

Meet May.
May Foster.

Mumble

Mumble is complicated.

Meet Mumble.

Finally part 2 lol

May and Mumble aren't the only ones around. May haves other friends aside Mumble.

Jonathan Sparker (John)

iu_1150113_9123886.webp

John put his shirt in the wrong side.

But he spent all night tinkering on his machines once again.

Meet John.

Jonathan Sparker.

Generous, somewhat modest, but responsible, creative, and although you know that everything can go wrong, he joins in on the fun. Without a doubt he is the genius of the group. He can create many things like robots, controls, a genius without a doubt. And their lab assistant robot Peep is a great example.

He is friendly, serious when the situation requires it, and a real one, specially since he's May bud aside Mumble. The do a lot of stuff togheter and even when May is very hurt he can fix her. In terms of combat he prefers his own arsenal, bombs, hammers, danger proof blanket (???) and specially guns, specially his trusty ThunderstuckAlpha Mk.II (He doesn't like to talk about the original one...), he's truly the brains of the gang.

• Height: 168 (5'6)

• Date of birth: 12/06/??

• Likes: His inventions, anything related to robotics, actions, being chill, video games, May.

• Hates: Mushrooms, assholes who ruin his inventions, Cindy (He's scared of her!)

John life isn't hard, but not easy. For starters, he doesn't have any idea where his parents could be, living with his uncle and aunt all his life at the Ramblin' Trocadero, a popular caffeteria/restaurant. For a long time he's been a shy guy, not much of a social dude all around.

That is, until one day, he met a certain girl in the caffeteria. After that, they clicked at an instant. Becoming pals that day... Although, they clicked that much!... Maybe!... Maybe there could be a romance blooming around the two. John haves a hidden love for May, and viceversa... Who knows!

Rebeca Etile (Rebeca)

iu_1150114_9123886.webp

Rebeca should stop betting on stupid things.

It's the third time on this month.

Meet Rebeca.

Rebeca Etile.

Chill mind, tough girl, get's straight to the point. That's Rebeca. Street smart, brawler, proffesional hacker, and the second best bud of May, total pranksters and random ass girls doing average mischief. Even if it doesn't show, she's kinda strong for the type of levels of strong of the future. But where she shines the most is at her hacking skills. Able to use almost any robot in the city for her own funni things. What a prankster lmao-

• Height: 173 (5'8)

• Date of birth: 21/03/??

• Likes: Pranks, bets, video games, sweets, hacking into other people things only to play DOOM or other bs just because.

• Hates: Henriette, his old friends, herself getting emotional, pickles, assholes

Rebeca childhood was... Something. She had some friends which, well, they did some stuff. Bullying other people, steal candies, little criminals you could say. But, one fateful night, they tricked her to think to help them with something, but she was left alone, in middle of a failed robbery... She wasn't arrest, but she was left vurnerable.

After that, she never opened up, as she fears to anyone use her again... But one day, she decided to help May get a bag of dem chips from the expendable machines. Maybe, this time would be different.

Part 3 when i have free time or i remember lol

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-02-02 17:00:00

Meet May and Mumble.

May Foster (May)

May is a joker.

Meet May.
May Foster.

Mumble

Mumble is complicated.

Meet Mumble.

Part 3 of whenever i can post more info!

May and Mumble may have friends, but that doesn't mean they have rivals and enemies.

It's not a huge rouges gallery (At first), but they mean business.

MSOR-050 (Venice)

iu_1156636_9123886.webp

Venice is above the law.

When you are the best robot soldier of all, no one escapes your sights.

Meet Venice.

The strongest robot in Mechatropic.

He is a teenage robot just like May, with his own Layla Stone. But way different from her. Serious, straightfoward, determined, and his only goal is make Mechatropic a safe place from any criminals or other illegal activities. The Mechatropic Security Organization really cares of the land security, however, in Venice eyes, he sees a certain robot girl as a "Threat" against the city, not only because a certain incident that happened years ago before May born, and the fact was tricked by Henriette once... But specially because he can't stand May. Yeah, that stupid reason, lmao.

• Length: 170 (5'7)

• Date of birth: 10/06/??

• Hates: Evil, chaos, and criminals (And May, a little bit)

Unlike May, he wasn't created because a lonely proffesor, he was created for the Mechatropic Security Organization for being a replacement of another robot, his purpose is being one of the many robot soldiers of the city. But, there's something off with him, he's a little bit more human than the others, but still a mentality of a robot, luckily as time passes he realizes May and friends aren't that bad and realize how to live life.

Wanna continue but it's getting late for classes, so yeah, also, it's weird that this crew doesn't have any new content?

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-03-08 02:29:14

Meet May and Mumble.

May Foster (May)

May is a joker.

Meet May.
May Foster.

Mumble

Mumble is complicated.

Meet Mumble.

Finally i can finish with all the very important chcaracters, hope i wasn't bugging around here so much lol

Just like May info said, the biggest pain in her butt is Henriette, and she means business.

Henriette

iu_1172535_9123886.webp

Henriette is obviously evil

"I just stole candy from 4,822 babies! What a perfect way to whet my appetite for evil! La-Di-Da!"

Meet Henriette Sweetheart Velanova Rosaura Franchesca Evangeline Luna Roberta De Nicaragua Rosita De la Cruz Gómez Liliana Torres Mirriam Velazquez Smith Johnson Lizbeth Beth Beatriz Espinoza Videl. (Or just Henriette). The most popular and richiest girl in Mechatropic. And she's a bitch.

If May is a robot with emotions and likes humans, this girl is nothing but a heartless prick who only cares about herself. A full fledged, proud narcissist with an army of many robots and machines, but the patience of a grape. Prideful, arrogant, selfish and so narcissist that she made her own shrine of herself. Girl have issues.

• Height: 165 (5'5)

• Date of birth: 05/06/??

• Likes: Herself, power, control, shopping at the mall, croquet, horchata, and her pet Scavenger

• Hates: May and Mumble, her father, her plans being foiled

When she was 8, she practically had everything, her father always tried to make her a good person and be able to use the privileges she has for others, but she was more interested in playing with her ball, buy all dolls in the world, violently dismantling to the Maidbots who produced and cared for her, to have a tanturum and ask for anything and especially to play croquet using the Walkers as a ball. In her drawings it was clear that she had something of a “Queen” and “Power”, several talks with the psychologist they did not know what was going on, especially due to the fact that all the psychologists were robots.

So no one knew what was happening to the young blonde girl who had her room full of clothes, toys and especially an entire mirror to the size of a wall dedicated to her. Currently, at fifteen years old, she has become the most popular girl at DELTA school, with her skills in Croquet, being the richest, most famous and having won multiple school dance awards and the fact that her Croquet hammer is also a iterally hammer; and so she remains the most popular, richest, most annoying, most ruthless, most humorous narcissist in all of Mechatropic, who practically has the highest earnings in all of Despair Works Productions. But for her is not enough. The only thing she craves is... World domination! And a new dress, specially the second one.

____

PHEW THAT WAS A TON! I hope i didn't bothered that much in this club. But yeah! Those are the main guys in my project, idk if i can add more info about the world of May and Mumble and Co. in this Club, but, yeah! For now that is it!

BBS Signature

Response to Original Project Creator Crew 2024-03-13 18:09:32

I've Have Some Projects I've Been Working on

Random-Island is my first main webseries, It's basically Looney Tunes, Warioware, Asdf Movie, and Fake Type combined.

It has a lot of Character Segments or minisodes

One of them is about The Flower Twins Called "The Mayeflowe Twins", Violet and Rosie

I have a comic of the series here and on comic fury