00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Discords/Communities?

295 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-03 15:42:18

Hello everybody!

I want to focus on self-improvement (working on fundamentals, building confidence, etc.) this year. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for Discord servers or other communities that focus on critique? Lmk. :DDD

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-03 16:00:12

I don’t think @Slidebrain is still active on this site, but I bet his server is still going! It’s dedicated to creating a positive space for artists online.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-03 16:13:13

The Digital Artists Unite Discord Server

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-04 15:14:04

Oh! Another good spot hosted by an NG user is @DextaGethood’s server! It’s multi-disciplinary, but there’s a feedback channel for your wip projects and I’ve gotten a lot of help from there!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-04 18:36:18

At 1/4/24 03:14 PM, Thetageist wrote: Oh! Another good spot hosted by an NG user is @DextaGethood’s server! It’s multi-disciplinary, but there’s a feedback channel for your wip projects and I’ve gotten a lot of help from there!

its true! we dont have people with a high following count like yours but we do have 1 or 2 artists who are excellent with feedback.

specfically @CandySweetssJr , and @Froggney

I can send you a discord invite via DMs if you're interested.

The heck is a toasteroven? Please tell me, I need to know.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-04 21:00:14

How are you with crass humor? There are a number of qualified people in my server to ask for critique but I'm a little concerned you may be incompatible with the culture, as well...the higher your skill the more specific you need to be with what you're asking for...and I'd say you're already up there in the top 10% percentile as far as drawing in a general sense goes. You're not really bound by issues with fundamentals you've just chosen a particular style of drawing to stick to so I'm quite curious what sort of feedback you're looking for.

advocatus diaboli

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-04 23:46:28

At 1/4/24 06:36 PM, DextaGethood wrote:
At 1/4/24 03:14 PM, Thetageist wrote: Oh! Another good spot hosted by an NG user is @DextaGethood’s server! It’s multi-disciplinary, but there’s a feedback channel for your wip projects and I’ve gotten a lot of help from there!
its true! we dont have people with a high following count like yours but we do have 1 or 2 artists who are excellent with feedback.
specfically @CandySweetssJr , and @Froggney
I can send you a discord invite via DMs if you're interested.

That would be very cool. I'd love to check it out sometime.

Response to Art Discords/Communities? 2024-01-05 00:15:01

At 1/4/24 09:00 PM, Template88 wrote: How are you with crass humor? There are a number of qualified people in my server to ask for critique but I'm a little concerned you may be incompatible with the culture, as well...the higher your skill the more specific you need to be with what you're asking for...and I'd say you're already up there in the top 10% percentile as far as drawing in a general sense goes. You're not really bound by issues with fundamentals you've just chosen a particular style of drawing to stick to so I'm quite curious what sort of feedback you're looking for.

I am sensitive, tbqh. I wish I wasn't LOL. I am on Newgrounds, so I have a pretty high tolerance for crassness in games and movies and art stuffs. Not so much when trying to socialize. That's ok though. That's just how it is. No biggie. XD

Also, I'm just really good at hiding my nonexistent art education and poor application of fundamentals. I just wanna hone those skills and be in some kind of art-improvement community since I don't have that IRL.

At 1/5/24 12:15 AM, MinaSagas wrote:
At 1/4/24 09:00 PM, Template88 wrote: How are you with crass humor? There are a number of qualified people in my server to ask for critique but I'm a little concerned you may be incompatible with the culture, as well...the higher your skill the more specific you need to be with what you're asking for...and I'd say you're already up there in the top 10% percentile as far as drawing in a general sense goes. You're not really bound by issues with fundamentals you've just chosen a particular style of drawing to stick to so I'm quite curious what sort of feedback you're looking for.
I am sensitive, tbqh. I wish I wasn't LOL. I am on Newgrounds, so I have a pretty high tolerance for crassness in games and movies and art stuffs. Not so much when trying to socialize. That's ok though. That's just how it is. No biggie. XD

Also, I'm just really good at hiding my nonexistent art education and poor application of fundamentals. I just wanna hone those skills and be in some kind of art-improvement community since I don't have that IRL.

Its wise to know yourself. I'm sorry that its like that, the crew has always been rowdy and more or less exemplifies the old newgrounds more than the new. That being said, the invitation stands if you change your mind or in the unlikely event you are not Mina, are reading this, and think you'd fit in with that sort of group.

advocatus diaboli

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature