00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What did you draw in your early days?

610 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I still remember back when I was like...12? 13? I made a lot of very unfunny comics that ripped of anything I saw on iFunny or Know your meme, after that I tried doing some more OC oriented stuff with a comic called "Cheap Quest" but that quickly got abandoned. I ended up reusing some of the character designs in that one, for example Dorothy-Ann became Anne-Marie and a sassy blue haired character became the main inspiration for WSL-B

Before that I would doodle on stuff like the 3DS drawing thing, with the letters, and create Walfas comics that I never actually posted because I had no idea screenshots existed. (I was like 5 ~ 7 I think during that time) In middle school I also tried to make a comic, with the same characters I "made" in walfas

In that one my favorite OC, Gelatina originated. That comic was actually physical and I still have it...but honestly it's so bad that I'm not sure if I ever want to share it.

Other than that...I had made OCs in games where you could create custom characters such as DQ9 and then doodled them (very poorly) but other than that I think that's it? There are vague memories of a devil boy and angel girl that I used to draw bunch but idk if those even count as I probably just gained sentience around that time

Join the Death Note Collab!!! Pieces will be accepted until late August!!!

BBS Signature

When I was in kindergarten, I drawed what every kid draws: Mario, Sonic, his family, his friends, things they see, etc., not a very complex era.

When I was in elementary school, it began to be more common for me to do original things, or what a kid of that ages might consider original, which were just recolors of characters I liked, mainly from PVZ. In fact, I made some kind of a trend in between my classmates where you should take a theme, and create a PVZ almanac with that, and my theme was Lasers Vs. Arrows. I also created a self portrait that I used for a very long time to represent me.

In later times I began to make a lot of OC's. From the 100% I made in the day, less than 1% of them maintains to this day. The rest have gone to some kind of graveyard for OC's.

And when I entered to college, I began to be more personal with my art. As a result, I drawed everything that came to my mind, and is the type of art I do at the moment

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-03 20:46:46

I used to draw a lot some characters that I had made for a little story that I wanted to make, I never end up making it and the whole thing is nothing but a memory nowadays.

(・∀・)

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-03 20:49:07

ez. peep kid me's herobrine fanart. I mean it's just been downhill since this piece for me. It's the realistic thing I've ever drawn

iu_1124727_10924059.png

"president obama was constantly chewing gum, and then on top of that he took it out of his mouth, PUT IT BACK, YOU CANT DO IT ITS DIGUSTING."

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-03 21:25:37

I remember when i was.... I forgot the age but i remember that my drawings before are stickmans

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-03 22:44:19

Before I even went to school I used to draw this comic called Toasterhead the character was inspired by The Brave Little Toaster and Angelica from The Rugrats. I have no copies of it left but I'm sure it was bad since I didn't even know how to spell yet.

iu_1124777_11413315.png

In elementary school I started making comics about these generic super heroes called the Super Seven as I continued on it it ended up to be the Super 13. It had no coherent plot structure and the characters had no personalities.

The first most distinct and definitely longest running comic series I made in elementary school was The Ouch Bunch.

It was a comedy about living food that resided in a town contained within of a talking refrigerator. The characters were all stereotypes and super simplistic in design. Every character had Simpsons eyes and oval black shoes. I made hundreds of them.

Then after playing the Megaman X series, Sonic, Smash Bro.s Melee, and watching Toonami I got inspired to create Turbo. It was about a robot Dad named Will and his robot son Max from a distant planet, they traveled to Earth in their flying minivan. Using their alien tech they became super heroes Will became Turbo and his son Extreme.

They fight off these elemental robots from this evil doctor who wants to destroy them. It featured some very brutal fight scenes, and lots of humor. I even got my friends to make some characters for the series as well. Now I renamed him to Turbo Surge since the snail movie and all.

iu_1124778_11413315.webp

I could keep going but I made about 20 series in my life time and it would be quite an essay.

I make comics checkout my Shuttle Switcher comic series ! And Ghost Galaxy as well!

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-03 22:50:22

Random bullshit I considered to be from Spore because haha funny creature like it's from Spore.

Draw a circle, put two white spikes on it, and I would claim it was from Spore.

iu_1124780_9281184.png

This looks NOTHING like something you'd see in Spore.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-04 14:10:35

From when I was 8 to around 10, just maps and stick figures. Didn't draw anything at all for the next 8 years.

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-04 16:57:40

The first picture I remember drawing was mermaids (probably after watching The Little Mermaid). I think I was about 3 or 4. I got in a lot of trouble for it and I can't remember why. Just remember my mum was shouting at me, holding and shaking the picture, and I was crying. Something about how I was only supposed to be doing scribbles and... I honestly don't know. She confused me a lot.

I went on to draw more characters from movies I saw such as Bambi, The Lion King and Jurassic Park especially. Then when I got a little older I moved on to Pokemon (which was brand new at the time) and Dragonball when I was around 10 onward. I did draw original work, usually various dragons or made up dinosaur species, as well as "if this happened, how might this animal evolve" scenarios. But I definitely started on fanart for the most part. I also tried to make up my own manga, and had so many characters and a big long story. But as I got older it just made me cringe and I abandoned it. I have no desire to go back to it but it probably helped to at least attempt some original ideas and get some practice not drawing in someone else's style (my style didn't look very "anime" anymore towards the end because I was doing things my own way). So, I see it as a learning step at least. But I also learned that I'm not very good at simulating realistic human behaviour, and it makes my stories look as if they were written by an alien with only a remedial understanding of humans.

After my teens I broke away from other franchises entirely, stopped doing fanart, and focused only on original stuff. I've had the urge to do the odd fanart here and there just for nostalgia's sake, but it's pretty low on my list of priorities so never got around to it.

From when I was 4-7?

• Lion King fanart
  • Animals from pictures I found online (mainly irl dogs / cartoon dogs)
  • Werewolves
  • Sonic the Hedgehog / Werehog fanart
  • Spyro the Dragon / The Legend of Spyro fanart

From 8-11

• Lots of DBZ fanart / fan characters
  • Pokemon fanart
  • Furry OCs I turned into a comic similar to DBZ but never took too seriously
  • random attempts at making comics and animation on paper (flipbook style)
  • More fanart of various animes (Space Dandy, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Big Windup!)
  • My own teen wolf OC (because I was watching MTV teen wolf when I was 11)
  • Basketball, baseball players, Boxers (from Fight Night champion)

From age 12-16,

• I took a break from drawing anime and wanted to take shit seriously and study from life, attempting to draw people and stuff from my surroundings, even past surroundings (old apartment I used to live in) from memory,
  • My ideal future self + the couple of girls I was dating irl at the time.
  • Human OCs (who were mostly queer dudes and living their best life)

I'm about to be in my mid 20s now. There's so much shit I drew and discovered about myself over time but I still draw a good amount of what I drew from age 4-7 as a way to go back to my roots while still experimenting with drawing more new shit I happen to be interested in + original stuff I can call my own personal voice. Feels really good!

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-05 09:59:43

stickmen, just straight up lines and a circle just battling on my notebook pages. From guns, to swords, to elemental magic to hand-to-hand combat. I would draw them all the time even during class becuase i was heavily influenced by stickpage and stickman animators but i did drew sharks at one point too. I think around 9 i made my own specific stickman named steven carlos because i thought that was a cool name to have. I always had him win every fight with his rival who has no name and i unintentionally created a story of the 2 that i unfortunately cant remember. All n all, i was drawing stickmen 24/7, way cooler than drawing fruits and furniture in primary school

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-05 15:31:21

a lot of fanart mostly stuff like Naruto and sonic

But before I got into anime I'd make up fictional bands and try to come up with concepts for what they would look like and make OC's for Powerpuff Girls

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-05 21:19:05

When I was super young, I would draw a whole bunch of characters like Spider-Man or SpongeBob all fighting each other like a big ol' Royal Rumble

I also had this lil book I drew in if I got fidgety during church, so I'd sometimes also draw stuff I heard there too like Bible stories and such. Can't find it at the minute, but I filled that up with a lot of stuff. Pretty sure there's a 2 page spread of Robot SpongeBob from Battle for Bikini Bottom and only a few pages afterwards is child me's depiction of the Crucifixion of Christ

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-08 23:27:30

lots of MLP, FNAF, and Undertale fanart lol... ESPECIALLY Undertale. nowadays i dont draw much fanart at all but when i was like 10 Undertale fanart took up about 80% of my sketchbook. the other 20% went to my Undertale self insert mary sue furry OC... good times

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 02:56:31

I was mostly drawing a mix of my own original characters, and fanart of whatever shows/games/websites I liked at the time when I was really young. For the longest time I had various magnetic drawing boards, and weirdly enough would either draw my own pretend (totally not Windows) operating system on it, or "frames" of "animation" from a made up show on a made up TV channel. I was a weird kid, lul!

Later on, when I became a teenager I didn't draw as much as I used to, but when I did draw, it was more OCs and concepts for animated shows, this was also when I first truly started to learn better drawing techniques and such. Additionally, by 2014, when I first got into the MLP/Brony fandom, I started also drawing MLP: FiM characters and OCs.

Unfortunately, few of my drawings from when I was younger still exist today, at least that I know of or in my possession.

Ponies, animation and sluggishly learning how to draw.

I sometimes drew these crappy little jelly alien characters i made out of mega blocks. As you can guess i had to take a bit of creative liscence when translating them out of massive legos. The only two characters i will share the name of (the rest are really bad) are Pinkslide and the Nexus. The nexus was the main villain and pinkslide was from a seperate series.

Ive since recycled pinkslide into a joke character called the pink cheesestring.

Oh yeah, and my oc Blaze Williams was also originally from a comic i made in like 2nd class named angry bill (his name at the time) where he, and the twits from the Roald Dahl book fought the crocodile from the coco pops ads and killed him in a burning building filled with the angry mutant flies from a flash game called froggout.

Book was a bit wild, but it won an award, so hey i had to have done something right...

...did I invent elsagate?

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 08:43:19

I used to draw an assload of kirby, mega man, mario, US presidents, the titanic (the one that a load of people died on), and cars n shit. I was a weird lil autistic kid

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 11:27:20

Back in 2020 i would draw cars, It didn't matter what kind really. I would mostly draw cars like Jeep Wranglers, Any Subaru really, and supercars. I remember drawing the Ferrari 360 a lot lol.

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 12:26:02

I used to draw fnaf animatronics because I really wanted to make a fnaf fan game back then. Thankfully I burned all of those drawings so they won't ever haunt me again

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 16:53:34

I used to sexualize hares and add very large breasts to them (I was 9 years old at the time)iu_1127535_15503745.webp

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-09 19:51:06

At 12/9/23 04:53 PM, BagiBogiOffical wrote: I used to sexualize hares and add very large breasts to them (I was 9 years old at the time)

BASED

Join the Death Note Collab!!! Pieces will be accepted until late August!!!

BBS Signature

i remember drawing random monsters and rock concerts??? idk stuff like that, i remember i felt gay drawing women??? so you would never see one in my drawings i guess

aaaugh i also remember drawing a lot of stuff with Slendytubbies back in 2020, i don't really miss that year honestly LOL

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 01:50:41

At first I drew random fantasy illustrations. I remember the first drawing that made me decide to be an artist. It was this edgy, spiky barbarian guy. It was the first time I comprehended the concept of using lines and keeping color inside those lines. :)) And first time I got complimented on my drawings by my parents in a way that felt genuine, so I drew every day for many years after that.

During midschool I begun just copying faces from movie covers and stuff like that, trying to reach hyperrealism.

Then I had bit of a break for awhile and eventually returned to art making my own thing and started developing my own style.

im a chickenwing extremist

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 06:11:43

At first I was drawing ben 10 and Scooby doo as any sane toddler.

After that, I started creating the most basic OC's I could ever make at like 9 year old. It was a 5 man band consisting of myself, my evil clone, the smart guy and the happy go lucky guy, there was a girl at some point, but I don't remember much about her anymore except that I based her on a crush I had at the time. (And they were all resembling ninjago characters for some reason, lol)

Then I slowly moved onto Undertale fanart when I became a teen and joined the Amino to draw fanart there and have petty drama. I didn't actually take art that seriously up until after I left the Amino entirely, which was like early 2019 I think.

Sorry, I don't think I have any pictures saved anymore, NOT THAT I'M ASHAMED OF SHARING THEM OR ANYTHING.

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 07:48:19

At 12/8/23 11:27 PM, maniczombiedreamgirl wrote: lots of MLP, FNAF, and Undertale fanart lol... ESPECIALLY Undertale. nowadays i dont draw much fanart at all but when i was like 10 Undertale fanart took up about 80% of my sketchbook. the other 20% went to my Undertale self insert mary sue furry OC... good times

Same, when I was 10-12 I drew Undertale a lot

All you got to do is just believe you can be who you want to be

Sincerely, me!

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 07:52:50

As a child, I drew comics, coloring books, booklets and magazines and gave them to my younger cousins. I also often drew comics about super cats (lol). I mostly drew my OCs, anime, also Undertale and Earthbound fanart :D

All you got to do is just believe you can be who you want to be

Sincerely, me!

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 09:02:15

When I first started drawing, I used to draw only Powerpuff Girls, mostly because I'd have to draw hands if I tried to draw anything else. (hands are a pain to draw)

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 09:38:53

When I was like 9 my Grandmom gave me a drawing book called "Ed Emberly's drawing book Make a world" or something. it had step by step instructions like a Lego set, but lines instead of Legos. its a very simple book with stick people and square cars, and I think I drawn almost everything in it when I was young. I still have the book... check it out its fun

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 10:05:11

angry birds.

that's it.

el señor puppyjuan estuvo aquí.

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 10:51:56

When I was around 8 and 9 I drew a lot of superheroes and dragon ball things, I made original superhero comics too but I have NO idea what happened to them