00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What did you draw in your early days?

603 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 11:32:51

I used to make comics...based on Minecraft.

Like, me and my brother at one point created some 4 panel short strips on Steve, his dog and Alex. We were all drawing on paper, so that was a good point to start with.

I think at one point, Alex got bitten by the dog and turned into a werewolf.

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 14:38:58

At 12/3/23 07:23 PM, VanVeleca wrote: I still remember back when I was like...12? 13? I made a lot of very unfunny comics that ripped of anything I saw on iFunny or Know your meme, after that I tried doing some more OC oriented stuff with a comic called "Cheap Quest" but that quickly got abandoned. I ended up reusing some of the character designs in that one, for example Dorothy-Ann became Anne-Marie and a sassy blue haired character became the main inspiration for WSL-B

Before that I would doodle on stuff like the 3DS drawing thing, with the letters, and create Walfas comics that I never actually posted because I had no idea screenshots existed. (I was like 5 ~ 7 I think during that time) In middle school I also tried to make a comic, with the same characters I "made" in walfas

In that one my favorite OC, Gelatina originated. That comic was actually physical and I still have it...but honestly it's so bad that I'm not sure if I ever want to share it.

Other than that...I had made OCs in games where you could create custom characters such as DQ9 and then doodled them (very poorly) but other than that I think that's it? There are vague memories of a devil boy and angel girl that I used to draw bunch but idk if those even count as I probably just gained sentience around that time

Believe it or not, I actually used to be an avid enjoyer of the countryball fandom. I at one point joined their amino group, and I remember trying really hard to post these really detailed and pretty artworks based off of them.iu_1127927_11103601.pngiu_1127928_11103601.png

T H E 1 9 9 0 ' S

BBS Signature

Response to What did you draw in your early days? 2023-12-10 16:24:23

I usually just tried to redraw my favorite things. I remember being 8 and drawing stuff like Phineas & Ferb and Sonic, then around my tweens I redrew a lot of screenshots from Steven Universe and around that time I started drawing my own OCs from Naruto as well lol. miss being cringe and having fun + whimsy as a kid ngliu_1127986_20222031.webpiu_1127987_20222031.webp