00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mystlol just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I accidentally broke a copyright rule, and the appeal link doesn't work.

192 Views | 3 Replies

I was trying to upload a song onto NewGrounds (Tinyhuge Bedroom - zKevin) so I could use the song in a Geometry Dash level. Suddenly, I got a Copyright Infringement warning, which needed to be appealed by December 2nd. I tried clicking on the link to the appeal, but it didn't work. Can someone please help me out? I really don't want to break any copyright rules.

At 11/25/23 10:24 AM, FilmCutterClock wrote:
At 11/25/23 08:54 AM, Valashire wrote: I was trying to upload a song onto NewGrounds (Tinyhuge Bedroom - zKevin) so I could use the song in a Geometry Dash level. Suddenly, I got a Copyright Infringement warning, which needed to be appealed by December 2nd. I tried clicking on the link to the appeal, but it didn't work. Can someone please help me out? I really don't want to break any copyright rules.
No. You already broke the rules, and an appeal is unlikely to be successful.

Now what probably happened before we got to this bit is that when you upload the file, it was scanned and the bot closed off access to the audio portal. Resulting in the appeal forum.

If your appeal fails or as you said :

You would need to go here:
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1489791

I sure hope though before you do that you have a couple of original songs that YOU MADE ready to show that you are serious about making original content to upload to NewGrounds.

The reason why NewGrounds is pretty strict on this is because this got really out of control resulting in NewGrounds users being pissed at not getting royalties from their music being used and the endangerment of the Website getting wacked by the Big Music industry because of the copyrighted material being uploaded just for GD. There is lots of historical material on this here and there, but in short we have safeguards both here and on GDs side to prevent what happened previously and to address the legal issues and the NewGrounds community concerns with the GD community's wants.

Hope this was helpful.

I'm assuming the punishment for copyright infringement on this site is a ban?

You have to upload your very own works (yes that means you have to make your own stuff, not just download someone's song and uploaded on here). Copyright on the internet has been in full effect since a few years back and it's something that Newgrounds can't afford these days.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

At 11/25/23 10:39 AM, Valashire wrote: I'm assuming the punishment for copyright infringement on this site is a ban?

Yes. In this case there's no valid appeal anyways.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature