00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

show your oc over the years

1,030 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-11-28 19:59:32

Have actually really been wanting to make something like this for my characters for some time now so I'm glad this pushed me to actually do it.

I wish I had years to list but here's my character Lacey over time:

iu_1122116_2903682.webp

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-11-29 03:01:24

Clover had a lot of designs over the years... can't tell a cronological order but p much Clover went by a lot of designs lmao

being the first one this ugly ahh uniform... her first uniform lmaoiu_1122304_8400058.jpg

And in this initial version she had like 12 years old if i recall correctly, ah... the good ol' starters (and yeah basically tried to do like a weird mix between chinese and japanese uniform, my originality wasn't great back then tho lmao)

iu_1122305_8400058.webp

Another old ass design, tbh i don't have idea what i was trying to do, all i know is that this is bullshit lmao (yeah she went through a lot of designs)

iu_1122306_8400058.webp

This is kinda decent i must add, she looks more like an adult but she's still 12 lmao

past me didn't even know how to draw kids and i don't even tried back in that time sooooo fuck you past me

iu_1122307_8400058.webp

And this is her rn!!!! she evolved in to a beautiful being, i love her so much frfr

and comes with different outfits!! god i'm proud of how her design evolved during those years and really proud to see my art progression

iu_1122308_8400058.webp

And this is just her and her different outfits, just for an extra lmao (and to show my current art style (?)iu_1122309_8400058.webp

and yeh, casual outfit for her, but basically that's all folks!!! ;D

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-12-02 18:28:13

At 11/29/23 03:01 AM, Chuw-Croissantier wrote: Clover had a lot of designs over the years... can't tell a cronological order but p much Clover went by a lot of designs lmao
being the first one this ugly ahh uniform... her first uniform lmao

And in this initial version she had like 12 years old if i recall correctly, ah... the good ol' starters (and yeah basically tried to do like a weird mix between chinese and japanese uniform, my originality wasn't great back then tho lmao)

Another old ass design, tbh i don't have idea what i was trying to do, all i know is that this is bullshit lmao (yeah she went through a lot of designs)

This is kinda decent i must add, she looks more like an adult but she's still 12 lmao
past me didn't even know how to draw kids and i don't even tried back in that time sooooo fuck you past me

And this is her rn!!!! she evolved in to a beautiful being, i love her so much frfr
and comes with different outfits!! god i'm proud of how her design evolved during those years and really proud to see my art progression

And this is just her and her different outfits, just for an extra lmao (and to show my current art style (?)

and yeh, casual outfit for her, but basically that's all folks!!! ;D

Oh my god, i love how the early style looks (love the new style too) I remember seeing the last picture in another thread, so seeing how she looked before is pretty neat.

I saw this thread and ended up making an entire little presentation for how much this dude's evolved over the past 6 years!

iu_1124411_20110582.webp

(Here's a link that may be easier to read?)

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-12-03 08:51:01

I do a daily drawing, and every significant milestone I redraw the first one to see how things have gone.

This is the first:

iu_1124416_6561348.webp

And this is the most recent:

iu_1124417_6561348.webp

There's been some renditions along the way, but I won't spam haha

I'm approaching Daily Drawing 666, might do a spooky version of her or something

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-12-12 20:41:09

yeah so it started as whatever this is

iu_1128997_10480671.png

i dont even know what i was thinking with the anatomy (probably wasnt (most definetely wasnt))

then a while after forgetting about whatever that is, i drew a grayscale me for a shitpost about not getting ideas (cant show it due to 2 image limit)

then a bit later, realised i could just use the grayscale me and updated it to look better

iu_1128996_10480671.png

uhhhh yeah, thats about it.

Response to show your oc over the years 2023-12-13 17:44:40

Gelatina changed a LOT over the years

This is her very first design

iu_1129349_8710555.webp

What she looks like now (plus my OC Lavelie on the left who also went through a pretty big design change but this isn't about him, ignore him):

iu_1129350_8710555.webp

Join the Death Note Collab!!!...If you wanna...○ × ○

BBS Signature

wowow! this honestly looks like a thread just for me.

out of my many OCs, I have one, named Maddison, that changed quite a lot over time, so i'll talk a bit about her.

iu_1130051_9865273.webp

first was what i call the "plant arc". Most of my characters used to be plant humanoids back then, and she was no exception. Her design was inspired by bamboo, but that was barely even noticeable.

in her first design, she was a guy, but that changed on her very next redesign. She had an arm covered in leaves, and her other arm was prosthetic. Her actual backstory was very lackluster and i barely remember it, but the gist of it, was that she had the power to build absolutely anything.

she used to be simply called "parrot", for the lack of a better name. she didn't have anything to do with birds back then, but that changed afterwards.

In 2022 i scrapped her design... I considered it really promising, though i had no clue what to do with it.

but in 2023, i had an idea, i just had to go for it

and i'm very glad i did hahahah

iu_1130052_9865273.webp

in this redesign, she started off as a humanoid bird mechanic with a love for airplanes, though with time she developed more broadly into a skilled mechanic with absolutely no sense of danger... not because she's dumb or doesn't feel pain, but because she's straight up incapable of recognising and distinguishing it from safer things, which has caused her many injuries (like losing an eye, getting her right arm infected with an ancient blight, then hurting her left wrist from overworking, etc). A lot of the time she's under others' assistance, but Maddison really doesn't like being guided so much, so she tries to keep most of her projects hidden to avoid any bickering (as stubborn as it is). Her inability to sense danger also means she's unable to feel afraid... which would turn a horror movie into a weird experience.

I'd like to point out the hair hiding her left eye, her wrist brace (adapted from the old prosthetic arm), and her infected arm (adapted from the old wing)

if anything, i hope this is interesting uvu

wow, i draw

BBS Signature