00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop?

720 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 15:17:27

At 11/27/23 02:58 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/27/23 02:30 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/26/23 06:18 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/26/23 05:08 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/26/23 04:06 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/26/23 02:52 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/25/23 09:43 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/25/23 02:03 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/24/23 05:19 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/24/23 03:15 PM, Riger44 wrote: They're both PCs so functionally the same, what is this laptop slander lol. Tho if you're lappie's dying it might be time to get a new graphic tablet anyway, a gaming pc has better specs so you get a more responsive experience overall and opens up heavier stuff like 3D and animation if you want to.

If money's a concern you can get a screenless model instead, there's a learning curve to the disconnect but works just as well for drawing at a fraction of the price.
because we have been betrayed by the laptop countless of times T^T. the slow speed after a few months of usage, the amount of crashes after a year, not to mention the certain death of the battery which cripples the portability aspect of it. and the warranties that go with the laptop is bull. no part replacements, all they do is a factory reset. if they do replace a part you will be charged for it. building your own pc is the best.
Most of those aren’t even the laptop’s fault lol. Maybe don’t just get the cheapest thing with dogwater specs and do basic maintenance like cleaning and removing bloatware it should be obsolete way before it gives out. Sounds like y’all just bad with computers.

I used half-dead hand-me-downs for 5+ years no problems, some still functional to this day. Currently rocking a budget gamer which supposed to implode within a year, voided the warranty day 1 to upgrade ram and 2 years later still running like new no service history. A well cared machine will never betray you.
haha i'm pretty zealous when it comes to removing bloat and the laptops had decent specs for their time. even a friend who got a high end one had their laptop started crashing within a year. i'd actually argue if a person is bad wif computers, they'd be less likely to think that the laptop sucks. i handed down a faulty laptop to my brother and he used it for 4+ years because he had no other options. he never deletes files or uninstall programs unless exceeding space limits lol.

conversely, ive been using my current pc for around 7 years now and still have no plans to upgrade. it wasn't all well as in my psu died in the first few years but it has 10 years warranty.
Eh idk about that. I’d argue the opposite, non-techies are more likely to get something underpowered and neglect maintenance, leading to a bad experience. You don’t need to be a techie to figure something’s wrong. Its also more convenient so they’re more likely to get a laptop if they need a pc. Only crashes I had were either program/Windows-related or high temps. If nothing happened and its suddenly crashing then prob need some dusting and repasting.

Besides some trade-offs to make it mobile, its the same hardware running the same software. Any issues should be the same for desktops. I feel like your issue here is more about laptops basically being gimped prebuilts, obv a custom build is gonna be better in that regard.
i definitely agree most people will just get a laptop especially if they require it for schools or work because they need the portability. the main point is if you don't need the portability and can meet the space requirements, pc is always the better experience(op already has a pc).

non-techies usually dont require that much processing power and they can get away with having something underpowered. it's like my phone where i have not faced any problems despite it being one of the cheapest options on the market as i only used it for calls and messaging.

those trade-offs to make it mobile is why it is not the same hardware. it will typically face more heat issues than a desktop when running the same software thus performance is lower and degradation is faster.
I agree it depends on your needs, my point is they're both pcs and a laptop is just as viable. Same instructions, same functions, same os and software, how is the other not a pc lol. This is just desktop elitism bs.

The extra heat is just physics, a desktop in a cramped case with little vents and tiny fans would be just as hot if not more due to higher power draw. When manufacturing chips laptops actually get the good stuff because they have better efficiency :).
i'm imagining laptops getting called animals by desktops from your comments lololol. this thread prompts for reasons why desktop pc is better than laptop haha. maybe laptops need to sue noobclock for inciting hate speech.

yes because of physics, the desktop is better. doesn't matter if they have better efficiency for the part itself when in actual use case they dont perform better. i also have other reasons why pc is better, such as being able to adjust the height of the screen, thus maintaining a better posture. more ports to connect devices etc.
The point is that they serve the same function, how fast they are is irrelevant.

I thought its already established it depends on the user’s needs. Any advantages a desktop has becomes moot as soon as one needs what a laptop offers. Not sure why you still arguing lmaoo, are you that scared of laptops :D
cos you kept arguing they are the same when we established they are different lol.

Yeah cuz they are? You started it lmao, I simply explained that the issues are not exclusive to laptops, as if desktops never crash or slow down from user error.

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 15:32:59

At 11/27/23 03:17 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/24/23 05:19 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/24/23 03:15 PM, Riger44 wrote:
They're both PCs so functionally the same, what is this laptop slander lol. Tho if you're lappie's dying it might be time to get a new graphic tablet anyway, a gaming pc has better specs so you get a more responsive experience overall and opens up heavier stuff like 3D and animation if you want to.

If money's a concern you can get a screenless model instead, there's a learning curve to the disconnect but works just as well for drawing at a fraction of the price.

because we have been betrayed by the laptop countless of times T^T. the slow speed after a few months of usage, the amount of crashes after a year, not to mention the certain death of the battery which cripples the portability aspect of it. and the warranties that go with the laptop is bull. no part replacements, all they do is a factory reset. if they do replace a part you will be charged for it. building your own pc is the best.
Most of those aren’t even the laptop’s fault lol. Maybe don’t just get the cheapest thing with dogwater specs and do basic maintenance like cleaning and removing bloatware it should be obsolete way before it gives out. Sounds like y’all just bad with computers.

I used half-dead hand-me-downs for 5+ years no problems, some still functional to this day. Currently rocking a budget gamer which supposed to implode within a year, voided the warranty day 1 to upgrade ram and 2 years later still running like new no service history. A well cared machine will never betray you.
haha i'm pretty zealous when it comes to removing bloat and the laptops had decent specs for their time. even a friend who got a high end one had their laptop started crashing within a year. i'd actually argue if a person is bad wif computers, they'd be less likely to think that the laptop sucks. i handed down a faulty laptop to my brother and he used it for 4+ years because he had no other options. he never deletes files or uninstall programs unless exceeding space limits lol.

conversely, ive been using my current pc for around 7 years now and still have no plans to upgrade. it wasn't all well as in my psu died in the first few years but it has 10 years warranty.
Eh idk about that. I’d argue the opposite, non-techies are more likely to get something underpowered and neglect maintenance, leading to a bad experience. You don’t need to be a techie to figure something’s wrong. Its also more convenient so they’re more likely to get a laptop if they need a pc. Only crashes I had were either program/Windows-related or high temps. If nothing happened and its suddenly crashing then prob need some dusting and repasting.

Besides some trade-offs to make it mobile, its the same hardware running the same software. Any issues should be the same for desktops. I feel like your issue here is more about laptops basically being gimped prebuilts, obv a custom build is gonna be better in that regard.
i definitely agree most people will just get a laptop especially if they require it for schools or work because they need the portability. the main point is if you don't need the portability and can meet the space requirements, pc is always the better experience(op already has a pc).

non-techies usually dont require that much processing power and they can get away with having something underpowered. it's like my phone where i have not faced any problems despite it being one of the cheapest options on the market as i only used it for calls and messaging.

those trade-offs to make it mobile is why it is not the same hardware. it will typically face more heat issues than a desktop when running the same software thus performance is lower and degradation is faster.
I agree it depends on your needs, my point is they're both pcs and a laptop is just as viable. Same instructions, same functions, same os and software, how is the other not a pc lol. This is just desktop elitism bs.

The extra heat is just physics, a desktop in a cramped case with little vents and tiny fans would be just as hot if not more due to higher power draw. When manufacturing chips laptops actually get the good stuff because they have better efficiency :).
i'm imagining laptops getting called animals by desktops from your comments lololol. this thread prompts for reasons why desktop pc is better than laptop haha. maybe laptops need to sue noobclock for inciting hate speech.

yes because of physics, the desktop is better. doesn't matter if they have better efficiency for the part itself when in actual use case they dont perform better. i also have other reasons why pc is better, such as being able to adjust the height of the screen, thus maintaining a better posture. more ports to connect devices etc.
The point is that they serve the same function, how fast they are is irrelevant.

I thought its already established it depends on the user’s needs. Any advantages a desktop has becomes moot as soon as one needs what a laptop offers. Not sure why you still arguing lmaoo, are you that scared of laptops :D
cos you kept arguing they are the same when we established they are different lol.
Yeah cuz they are? You started it lmao, I simply explained that the issues are not exclusive to laptops, as if desktops never crash or slow down from user error.

alright let's stop arguing because we cant agree with each other.

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 15:41:45

At 11/27/23 03:32 PM, lucifertan wrote:
At 11/27/23 03:17 PM, Riger44 wrote:
At 11/24/23 05:19 PM, lucifertan wrote: At 11/24/23 03:15 PM, Riger44 wrote:
They're both PCs so functionally the same, what is this laptop slander lol. Tho if you're lappie's dying it might be time to get a new graphic tablet anyway, a gaming pc has better specs so you get a more responsive experience overall and opens up heavier stuff like 3D and animation if you want to.

alright let's stop arguing because we cant agree with each other.

Alright then.

At 11/24/23 09:44 PM, sum41fan02 wrote: It isn't. It's a well-kept secret among artists, but those Lenovo Thinkpads are a godsend for art. That little red nub on the keyboard is perfect for lines and colouring. I have one and it's better then any drawing tablet or crayon I've ever laid hands on. Feels like a direct extension of your finger. It takes a month to get used to, but within a day you'll be inking like a fuckin demon. Give it a shot when your current setup finally shits the bed. So much better then any desktop setup. You'll thank me later.

You've got to be kidding

BBS Signature

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 20:11:22

The only times I've used an PC are on school, on a cybercafe or on my great aunt house so I can't really talk

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 20:12:32

it does not matter if you use laptop or pc or this and that allat

you can use your own phone and produce the same exact quality with dedication

I ATE EXPIRED BREAD AND PASSED OFF TEMPORARILY

MY LINKTREE YOU RETARDS

BBS Signature

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-27 22:02:46

They're both computers though.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-29 11:36:52

11/292023 UPDATE

I'm stupid. 

When I was setting up my XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD Drawing Monitor Pen Display Graphic Monitor with PN06 Battery-Free Multi-Function Pen Holder and Glove 8192 Pressure Sensitivity, I also tried using the screen protector I also got. I got two. I used one but there are still bubbles and some dust bubbles even though I cleaned and while all dust I can find. I try using the card thing to rub the bubbles out, but they were still there. I took off the screen protector and back again, I think they made it worse. Soon I found out there was already a protector under it… are you fucking kidding me? Why did it say it had one!?... oh it did on the Amazon listing… but it was covered with so much text.

I took it off and Destroyed it, out of anger because I can't use anyone. But then there was a little pill off of the screen protector Already there and I can't fix it. Once again, I'm the retard in this story. Is it normal to have 2 screen protectors on the tablet? I wasted a protector but I still have one more.

Also, I'm having a time trying to connect the thing to my gaming PC.

Why can't the world let me work on the comic!?

I like Pizza!

BBS Signature

Response to Why is drawing on PC is better then laptop? 2023-11-30 20:21:01

Update 30th

Okay, so I finally got to set up my new pen display for my gaming PC, and let me tell you… I'm I'm love. Drawing on this thing was freeing and faster. It felt so much better than drawing on my old laptop because I don't have to be in fear every time I draw and then something goes wrong. It's amazing. I feel like I can stop Procrastinating and become better at managing time. 

Here was the first thing I drew on it.

iu_1123178_6704480.webp

The PC master race is amazing.

Now I can finish that comic and maybe make a flash cartoon with Rayman. I FEEL LIKE AN ARTIST AGAIN! 

… I hope I don't jinx it.

THANK YOU! ALL OF YOU!

I like Pizza!

BBS Signature