00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

klydewitakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think about the Garfield movie that is coming out?

1,146 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Especially since Chris Pratt voiced Garfield

I'll lazily stream it in two years on a weeknight when I'm bored, but that's about it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Doesn’t really look that bad. Even as a fan of Garfield the trailer wasn’t really anything I’m excited for, but I might check it out.

schnoz

schnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnoz

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 07:20 PM, Edwin01 wrote: Especially since Chris Pratt voiced Garfield

To me it just looks like another 3d animated cartoon movie akin to grinch or minions, but at least the story is new to my knowledge.

Chriss Pratt however doesn't really fit this role, tho maybe he will prove me wrong when it comes out, like he did with Mario

BBS Signature

I'll pass.

The story seems rather cliche, and Chris isn't even trying anymore.

The animation looks really nice, and I'm sure it'll have it's moments, but I won't ever plan on watching it personally.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

At 11/15/23 01:05 AM, Drazah wrote: I'll pass.
The animation looks really nice, and I'm sure it'll have it's moments, but I won't ever plan on watching it personally.

Like with the Mario movie?

I definitely won’t watch it.

This is probably one of the worst cases of movie studios choosing a celebrity over an actor who actually fits the role; Chris Pratt is not a good Garfield, even if he tried to do a voice.

It just looks like a really generic kids movie, and I’m not really in the age range to enjoy things like that anymore.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Meh. I'll watch it in theaters and probably have good time becuase i love Garfield but like i honestly think that chris prat could've been a good pick for Garfield its just that he doesn't try. Anyways papa's wingera was the best papa's game

It looks fine. Not great, not terrible, just fine. Chris Pratt continues to, as he always does, play himself in every role but...it could've been worse, I guess? I'm not in a super huge rush to see it, I'm not a Garfield superfan or anything so I probably wouldn't have seen it in theaters anyway

But it's nice to have another "put it on while I do something else" sort of movie, I suppose

Stalk me on the internet!

Like on Youtube, or Twitch, or Bluesky!

The voice is definitely not lazy enough tbh

At 11/15/23 10:37 PM, E1235467 wrote: Anyways papa's wingera was the best papa's game

Papa's Burgeria

Chris Pratt  is cool, but I don't think he should voice Garfiled.

I like Pizza!

BBS Signature

noice

r2ds

At 11/16/23 11:38 AM, 2CFox wrote:
At 11/15/23 10:37 PM, E1235467 wrote: Anyways papa's wingera was the best papa's game
Papa's Burgeria

No.

I think it looks nice. Much better than the other two Garfield movies. I don't expect it to be amazing but I think it will be a fine movie. At least Oddie looks like Oddie and Garfied doesn't look out of place.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Lookin' good

My only issue is the Gralf voice

It's not bad, but lacks that oomph.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Arguably not gonna watch it.

Mainly because Chris Patt SUCKS at voicing Garfield and he ain't no Music, Welker, or Murray. His voice just doesn't scream "I eat Jon, it's what I do." and is really off-putting. And even then, I don't see any reason on why I should watch it. I don't know, maybe I prefer whatever the Internet makes with Garfield, like Garfielf, over any of the official stuff.

Hopefully, it's good.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

I wish Chris Pratt would phone it in more, Garfield is too energetic for my liking. I do love the art style.

It looks really cute!

NEANIGHT DEMO

BBS Signature

There will be a Chris Pratt-verse soon and I don' know how I feel about that

GRR <-- that's my signature

Pretty ironic how I draw cowboys even though I'm First nations ;)

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 07:20 PM, Edwin01 wrote: Especially since Chris Pratt voiced Garfield

Once again, Christ Pratt sucking ass at voicing another character who enjoys Italian cuisine.

Check out this Average Joe!

BBS Signature

At 11/16/23 11:38 AM, 2CFox wrote:
Papa's Burgeria

WINGS ONLY!!!

At 11/18/23 01:56 AM, Jojo wrote:
Once again, Christ Pratt sucking ass at voicing another character who enjoys Italian cuisine.

i mean he doesn’t have to try with garfield. it’s garfield. but mario sucked

At 11/15/23 09:43 AM, Edwin01 wrote:
At 11/15/23 01:05 AM, Drazah wrote: I'll pass.
Like with the Mario movie?

Yes, I also heard most of it was just references as well, which really does not make me want to watch it ever.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

At 11/18/23 02:47 AM, lookwhocamebackagain wrote:
At 11/18/23 01:56 AM, Jojo wrote:
i mean he doesn’t have to try with garfield. it’s garfield. but mario sucked

He's so bad at voice acting that he can't even not try hard enough when playing Garfield. He's like the "Getty's Images" of voice actors.

Check out this Average Joe!

BBS Signature

I just hope it can be viewed as a popcorn film at the least. Like something to put on and enjoy the goofiness of it.

R is for Randomness

BBS Signature

I really wish Chrissy would at least try to do any sort of voice. I think he forgot that voice acting is different than just, "Acting".

At 11/18/23 10:38 PM, BloopDeKloop wrote: I really wish Chrissy would at least try to do any sort of voice. I think he forgot that voice acting is different than just, "Acting".

I agree if Chris continues his VA work, but for this role I think it kinda works

Garfield has always had sort of a monotone or less emotional voice

NEANIGHT DEMO

BBS Signature

I'm not the best fan of garfield but maybe it will be like other movies that expand the history or add new characters, like fnaf movie, mario bros movie, sonic movie and others