00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Using Newgrounds with screen reader software

164 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've got an illness for years that causes my sight's complete disappearance. 

When I created my account on this page I could still read normal sized texts with my eyes but at this moment I've got almost completey blind. 

I've been using my screen reader (JAWS professional) for about four years now but until the summer of the last year I only used this for read texts and to navigate on the page. 

I didn't really come up to this page for months and when I returned some weeks ago I I wasn't able to use my mouse because I have'nt got enough sight to see anything on the screen on my computer. 

I was only able to vote on submissions with my mouse. When I tried to 

vote with the screen reader it didn't work. I'm able to read the score 1-10 to give but I just cannot click on it or choose any of them. 

And when I'd liked to make a news post II just couldn't do that because I wasn't able to choose the rating of my post E-A. 

I can still make reviews on submissions I've already rated and I can still download and add submissions to my favourites but I still have these problems. 

I would just like to report these things. 

I don't hope that anyone of the staff and the creators of this page could do anything with my problems. 

But hoping at least somebody will read this note. 

Azért megköszönöm ha bárki is reagál :) 

Bad english, sorry.

Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

BBS Signature

Response to Using Newgrounds with screen reader software 2023-11-11 10:56:27

At 11/11/23 09:09 AM, Arika2 wrote: I've got an illness for years that causes my sight's complete disappearance. 
When I created my account on this page I could still read normal sized texts with my eyes but at this moment I've got almost completey blind. 
I've been using my screen reader (JAWS professional) for about four years now but until the summer of the last year I only used this for read texts and to navigate on the page. 
I didn't really come up to this page for months and when I returned some weeks ago I I wasn't able to use my mouse because I have'nt got enough sight to see anything on the screen on my computer. 
I was only able to vote on submissions with my mouse. When I tried to 

Thanks for the feedback, we try to keep NG running well with screen readers and I've added these notes to our running ticket with improvements we can make there.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature