00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sim-Doe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what's a game you like that other people dislike/consider bad?

1,561 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

other people have mentioned this game before in this topic but personally i really like pokemon scarlet and violet ! for me it isnt really despite the glitches / the game being a little broken but because of the game being broken / having a ton of glitches and i just really like messing around with them [ the game is just Fun besides that too ]

Tbh I kind of always like my games at least a Tiny bit broken because i find it much more entertaining to play them and find ways to get to places that i probably wasnt supposed to be at or do things that i probably wasnt supposed to do . But thats probably just me

coolguy

BBS Signature

Everybody absolutely fucking despises Sonic '06 but I thought it was fun. Not good, obviously, but I had lots of fun with it nonetheless. It's really just a really well-designed game hidden under tons of jank, bugs, and story issues (aside from Shadow's story. That was awesome).

Also the kissing scene isn't even that bad. I mean, the game literally retcons much of its story at the very end, so idk why that scene became so infamous to the point of reviewers still mentioning it 17 years later.

Also play P-06 if you somehow haven't. It's pretty much SA3, albeit still in development.

Jesus Christ is awesome B) and so are you (as long as you love your neighbors as you love yourself <3)

This website is my favorite place on the Internet lol

BBS Signature

League of Legends.

I like Dark Sector and I don’t think the game is garbage at all.

I made my first account more than a decade ago so I’m not new here.

ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut

For me personally, it's Crash of the Titans.

I've heard a number of people who say it's not a 'real' Crash Bandicoot game because of it gameplay not being traditional to its predecessors, as it has a more beat 'em up style of gameplay. But if you can look past that, and just enjoy it for what it is, it has a new art style for character designs that look pretty good for both the main cast and the titans. As well, the aesthetic of the game and its areas are quite charming. Either way, I enjoyed it as a kid, and did replay it a few years ago, and it still holds up as a game from its time. I feel like this is the Dark Souls 2 of Crash games.

At 4/6/24 07:42 AM, GRUNTMORPH wrote: ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut as I love all of the characters and there design's and the game just takes a bit to get used too, it also helps that stopmotion/ claymation are my favourite art style's. Hope one day we can get a new game and not wait another 25 years.

At 4/6/24 07:42 AM, GRUNTMORPH wrote:

ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut as I love all of the characters and there design's and the game just takes a bit to get used too, it also helps that stopmotion/ claymation are my favourite art style's. Hope one day we can get a new game and not wait another 25 years.

Sonic R! It's the best 3D Sonic game.

minecraft story mode

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

I don't want this to sound like I'm defending it because of blind nostalgia but I don't have much of an issue with Super Paper Mario. It's not as good as Thousand Year Door but it's not BAD. Being bad is Sticker Star's job. My only issue with Super is that it's not as customizable as the Trad-RPGs and the helpers don't have much of a personality. Also, some of the bosses are too easy but that's probably a result of me getting older.

Ever had to knock on wood? 'Cuz I know someone who had.

BBS Signature

At 11/15/23 02:38 PM, OnixDark wrote: i still don't get why people hate bubsy so much, just saying

Bubsy 3D colored people's perception of the whole series.

BBS Signature

Any Paper Mario game after Super.

Edit: just realised I already posted in this form lol but here was another one.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Most PVZ GW fans SHIT on PVZ Battle For Neighborville because of it's art style and lack of variants.

Boggles my mind, it's not as good as the first two (cough, terrible maps) but it's a lot better than the few people who plays PVZ GW makes it out to be.

Plus the goofy art style has to be my favorite part.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

I really don't get the hate.

I've only reached World 2, and i still don't get the hate.

iu_1188103_9123886.jpg

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

At 11/8/23 08:22 PM, Chdonga wrote: I like the current batch of Pokemon games. Save for BDSP.
The amount of people I've seen crying "this is inexcusable" to a screenshot or clip of nothing out of the ordinary happening and needing to play Where's Waldo to find what they're actually upset about, feels like a joke in and of itself.

I'm glad they never ported the OG pokemon games to Switch Online because I'm sure people would be raging over G1's iceberg of glitches without a hint of irony.

Yeah, I absolutely ADORE S/V, and besides all of the performance issues, it is absolutely amazing! Probably my favorite Pokémon game ever!

Yeah, BD/SP was... uh, it was something. I don't hate it, but I don't even care enough to beat it even though I got it a while ago. I don't even think I'm halfway through.

BBS Signature

At 11/11/23 12:32 PM, ItsRohan wrote: Geometry Dash, some people say they don't like it because it is "too hard" Geometry Dash is a game about resiliency, you keep trying again and again until you get it and over time that maps that were challenging get easier for you. My personal hardest is Dear Nostalgists.

My brother has been playing it since he was 5 (NO JOKE), and he has been obsessed ever since! He's Fizark on there btw!

I personally am not the biggest fan of the game, though I do like seeing my brother's levels and watching him beat demons and stuff.

also

fire

BBS Signature

1. Lego Indiana Jones 2 (easy to play and better combat than the first game)
  2. Transformers 3 stealth force edition (I get the concept is bizzare for a transformers game otherwise the game itself works and is fun however should been longer and not transformers themed)
  3. Guilty Gear 2 overture (Unique take on guilty gear it being a main game while being more of a 3D arena beat them up hack and slash and a fast paced one i dont mind playing with stradegy within the gameplay)

At 4/14/24 03:22 PM, Ruano wrote: Lego Indiana Jones 2 (easy to play and better combat than the first game)
Transformers 3 stealth force edition (I get the concept is bizzare for a transformers game otherwise the game itself works and is fun however should been longer and not transformers themed)
Guilty Gear 2 overture (Unique take on guilty gear it being a main game while being more of a 3D arena beat them up hack and slash and a fast paced one i dont mind playing with stradegy within the gameplay)

As a Guilty Gear fan I've been pretty interested in playing Overture, I just gotta remember to buy it when it goes on sale...

Pretty bold of them to call it 'Guilty Gear 2'.

I am the original GetterRocka

At 11/12/23 11:09 PM, SaturnWolf wrote: Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I won't act like it's perfect, but I find it so drastically overhated that it's actually insane. Sonic is actually a ton of fun to play as, especially with his unlockable gem things, Shadow and Silver's stories are incredibly well done, the visuals (especially the CG) are still amazing, and the soundtrack is one of the absolute best in the entire franchise, and considering how many bangers the series has that's saying something

Graphics and music don't really matter if the game itself is a glitchy mess. That's why people hated it, especially with how rushed the game was. If it came out finished, I'm pretty sure people would be nicer to the game. That being said, the glitches are downright hilarious to watch.

BBS Signature

At 4/17/24 05:55 PM, CIGG wrote:
At 11/12/23 11:09 PM, SaturnWolf wrote: Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I won't act like it's perfect, but I find it so drastically overhated that it's actually insane. Sonic is actually a ton of fun to play as, especially with his unlockable gem things, Shadow and Silver's stories are incredibly well done, the visuals (especially the CG) are still amazing, and the soundtrack is one of the absolute best in the entire franchise, and considering how many bangers the series has that's saying something
Graphics and music don't really matter if the game itself is a glitchy mess. That's why people hated it, especially with how rushed the game was. If it came out finished, I'm pretty sure people would be nicer to the game. That being said, the glitches are downright hilarious to watch.

You don't have to tell me why people didn't like the game, this whole thread is explicitly for games that you like other people don't, lol

Stalk me on the internet!

Like on Youtube, or Twitch, or Bluesky!

call of duty modern warfaer 3 (teh old one not the nue one)

i think 3 iz bacikailty a bettur mw2 cuz it has moer stuff adn im prety sure itz balenced wayyy moar

if ill be honezt teh cod gaemz got stael aftur black ops 2 ghostz is crap

At 11/8/23 03:42 PM, jasonthecosmonaut wrote: in other words, what games do you like that might have a bad reputation but you personally enjoy? even if you think the game is bad to some degree you can look past those flaws and have fun playing it. i for one enjoy dirge of cerberus but other final fantasy fans dislike the game for varying reasons. i still think its a fun game and i love vincent valentine and the third person shooter angle it goes for. plus the soundtrack has a few standout tracks in it.

I know this prob isn't all true but Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It was my first introduction to Assassin's Creed and it has remained one of my favorites in the series. But there's a decent amount of hate towards it and towards one of my favorite characters that I honestly see pretty unwarranted.

Yes it's a modern Assassin's Creed game and it has it's issues and yes Ubisoft is greedy as all hell but Syndicate isn't the god awful piece some people claim it to be. Again not for everyone tho and I still wanna play the other games in the series (I really wanna play Black Flag)

Fuck