00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play

232 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I searched in Google a tutorial to activate WebGL 2.0 and play games, I activated it and closing and opened Chrome two times but that doesn't works. I see that Chrome 53 can run WebGL. Did I need to download that version to play games in Newgrounds? My pc doesn't support it? There are consequences that can affect my pc after activate it?

Dear the user AngelLOL123 ;D

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-05 21:20:00

You shouldn't need to do anything special, most browsers support WebGL 2.0 automatically now.

Try this simple test. If you see a spinning cube, the problem might be with the game itself, not with your browser not supporting WebGL.

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-05 22:00:00

At 11/5/23 09:20 PM, RaIix wrote: You shouldn't need to do anything special, most browsers support WebGL 2.0 automatically now.

Try this simple test. If you see a spinning cube, the problem might be with the game itself, not with your browser not supporting WebGL.

It says that I need to go to chromeflags and then search ''webgl 2.0''. I searched it but I it says ''No matching experiments''

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-05 22:54:30

At 11/5/23 10:00 PM, AngelLOL123 wrote: It says that I need to go to chromeflags and then search ''webgl 2.0''. I searched it but I it says ''No matching experiments''

Well, I suppose in newer Chrome versions, it got removed from experiments because it's supported by default. So unless you have a very outdated version of Chrome, it's also possible that you have disabled hardware acceleration. See here:

chrome://gpu/

it should display something like this:

iu_1109463_4428769.png

If that's disabled or “Software only”, take a look at

chrome://settings/system

and check if hardware acceleration is enabled.

iu_1109464_4428769.png

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-05 23:55:07

At 11/5/23 10:54 PM, RaIix wrote:
At 11/5/23 10:00 PM, AngelLOL123 wrote: It says that I need to go to chromeflags and then search ''webgl 2.0''. I searched it but I it says ''No matching experiments''
Well, I suppose in newer Chrome versions, it got removed from experiments because it's supported by default. So unless you have a very outdated version of Chrome, it's also possible that you have disabled hardware acceleration. See here:

This looks like the answer of my problem, I will try it tomorrow when I have time and then and update if it works :)

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-06 23:08:55

At 11/5/23 10:54 PM, RaIix wrote:

it says Unavaible :,V . It means that I can't play games??

At 11/6/23 11:08 PM, AngelLOL123 wrote: it says Unavaible :,V . It means that I can't play games??

I think I'm out of simple solutions.

Perhaps your computer's graphics card might not support WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 ~ OpenGL 4.3).

Eh, I believe you can check which OpenGL version you support with OpenGL Extensions Viewer.

iu_1110002_4428769.webp

If you don't want to/can't install anything, you can run Win + R / devmgmt.msc, find which graphics card you have and look up its specifications; i.e. if OpenGL 4.3+ is supported.

I think I read you can also check Feature level (Win + R / dxdiag), if it has 10_1+, but that's less reliable...

iu_1110001_4428769.png

Final check… have you installed and played any games that came out in the past few years…? :)

The newer AAA games mostly all require recent (5< years) graphics cards; if you can run e.g. Elden Ring or Jedi Survivor, you damn well should be able to play browser games with WebGL 2.

If it should be supported according to what you find, then perhaps something somewhere was disabled/uninstalled/corrupted and now that's the reason you can't run WebGL.

Response to WebGL 2.0, I activate but can't play 2023-11-24 22:46:05

Sorry I barely answer you today xd

My laptop can't run that two games, I tried it with some Steam games and Roblox games too and it goes laggy :,V

Probably it is my laptop.

Thanks for all the support ;D