00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Imp-with-a-Pencil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help tackling multiple comic book ideas

277 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Greeting everyone,

Before becoming a decent animator, I was a comic book artist with love for my work. Thanks to this, I have been creating comic book ideas for a very long while now as a strong passion, however I feel overwhelmed since my comic book ideas have surpassed my current capacity to materialise them. After training on improving my proportions, coloring and line work, my book of story lines is starting to fill up. Here are some of the short synopses.

Synopsis of comic book ideas:

1. Neon (existing comics 28 - physical): Jim Kunli is No. 3000, a leader of the elites recently receiving his number after turning 18. He was deceived by Celia and sent to the Negative world where Negatives run rampant. He struggles to come back to the elite dimension as an elite again and reclaim his number while a close ally, Gina, on the elite dimension keeps an eye of the new 3000 guild.
  2. Umoja (1 issue existing): Spirits containing the fighting will of the ancestors of the big 5 animals are released back into the world through the resurrection of the unruly, His Epitome of Strength, Ancestral chief of the Kuo, Ndovu. The spirits reselect their strongest champion leading to an orphan living in the middle of the village. The story revolves into how these people attract each other an face the strongest Kuo clan leader. To this, they must adapt and quickly!
  3. Cradle: Due to the change of climate and slowed growth of the human population, a new mutation of people mysteriously showed up with gleaming eyes. Who were they and why did they want to go back to Africa?
  4. Return (Concept): A man mysteriously appears in the middle of a busy street and starts busting for joy. The man meets a small boy and hands him a watch. He says, "It all ends where it began." Before he could ask any thing, the man dissolves into thin air. An explosion occurs.
  5. Cell No. 8 (I'm using my mascot characters for this): 3 unlikely allies find themselves in an underground dungeon. They have a host of skills personal to each other. After completing each stage, they get rewarded in weapons, survival kite and ... memories? Having being stuck to choose between survival and knowledge, they have to choose carefully as they delve deeper.

Please help understand which ones I can focus on since I am already completing 2 books and 5 min animation at the moment.

Feel free to DM for any requests. YouTube Channel linked to image.

BBS Signature

Response to Help tackling multiple comic book ideas 2023-11-15 05:29:34

At 11/1/23 02:01 AM, DarkMassif wrote: I have been creating comic book ideas for a very long while now as a strong passion, however I feel overwhelmed since my comic book ideas have surpassed my current capacity to materialise them.

I can totally relate to this. My brain will randomly come up with ideas every once in a while, and I've stopped keeping track of all the stories that I've fixated on at any given point in time, since most of them never made it past a very rough stage. Having said that:

Please help understand which ones I can focus on since I am already completing 2 books and 5 min animation at the moment.

This is something that you really must do for yourself. To understand which of these stores you should focus on, you need to ask yourself some variation of: which of these stories do I really want to make? Which of these comics do I genuinely care about and want to bring to existence? If the answer is "all of them" then you need to think again, as I'm sure that some of these ideas are closer to your heart than others. Working on too many things at once is generally not the best strategy unless you happen to be one of those miraculous people who are able to pump out high-quality content at a breakneck pace. Focusing on one story guarantees that you will put all your efforts into fleshing out the plot, building the world, conceiving the characters and, most importantly, drawing the actual pages. This means abandoning other ideas, at least for the moment, but it's a compromise artists have to make as, again, you can't really work on five things simultaneously without at least one of them suffering or ending up unfinished - at least that's how I see it.

Hope you found this at least somewhat helpful. And good luck with your comic, whichever one you end up committing to!

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature