00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oswelt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Credit for Vocals

167 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Credit for Vocals 2023-10-13 16:48:13

In listening around for a track I can use for an animation in development, I keep coming across songs using vocals that aren't credited in any way.

Why is that?

Not acknowledging who or what made human-sounding voices seems strange to me. I've been making guesses at why this is so common, but I would like to know directly from music uploaders.

Response to Credit for Vocals 2023-10-13 17:08:58 (edited 2023-10-13 17:09:30)

At 10/13/23 04:48 PM, shadowfals wrote: In listening around for a track I can use for an animation in development, I keep coming across songs using vocals that aren't credited in any way.

Why is that?

Not acknowledging who or what made human-sounding voices seems strange to me. I've been making guesses at why this is so common, but I would like to know directly from music uploaders.

Probably because it's the user who posted the track. I sing on most of my music and I never credit myself as the vocalist. I just say I produced the track, meaning all of it, vocals included.

BBS Signature

Response to Credit for Vocals 2023-10-13 18:19:39

At 10/13/23 05:08 PM, AkioDaku wrote:
At 10/13/23 04:48 PM, shadowfals wrote: In listening around for a track I can use for an animation in development, I keep coming across songs using vocals that aren't credited in any way.

Why is that?

Probably because it's the user who posted the track. I sing on most of my music and I never credit myself as the vocalist. I just say I produced the track, meaning all of it, vocals included.

This. Same with me, and if a musician features in my track that has contributed more than simply vocals (e.g. arrangement, other instrumental parts).

Response to Credit for Vocals 2023-10-13 18:21:21

At 10/13/23 05:08 PM, AkioDaku wrote: Probably because it's the user who posted the track. I sing on most of my music and I never credit myself as the vocalist. I just say I produced the track, meaning all of it, vocals included.

That was one of my guesses. The voice being completely different on audio from the same account threw me off, but maybe the talent here from individuals is strongest than I thought.