00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1-Bit Artapalooza - Spooky Edition! (Activity Thread)

3,124 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 10/10/23 01:45 PM, Lt-Abdelhak wrote: "Cower fools! Merasmus is here!"

2 slots remaining, join in quick before it's too late, mortals!

WAIT SHIT I DIDN'T LOOK CLOSELY, IT'S MERASMUS OH MY GOD

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

iu_1095591_6994006.gif

I was working on this one of RED from NES Godzilla Creepypasta for my second entry, but gave up halfway through. Dunno if it deserves to be in this - if so, I'll work on finishing it.

BBS Signature

At 10/10/23 05:11 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: DEATHLY IMPORTANT QUESTION TIME:

When do you guys want to post this? :D

I could try to get it up by this weekend, OR we could wait and put it out there closer to Halloween. My preference is for the latter, personally, but I'll leave up to a vote.

I guess whenever you have time to wrap up the coloring.

You are the host, so I'm sure we all trust your decision.

BBS Signature

I could try to get it up by this weekend, OR we could wait and put it out there closer to Halloween. My preference is for the latter, personally, but I'll leave up to a vote.

I'm cool with whenever, but I think it would be cooler to do it a bit closer to or on halloween

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature

I'm fine with anything.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

At 10/10/23 05:37 PM, Thetageist wrote:
I was working on this one of RED from NES Godzilla Creepypasta for my second entry, but gave up halfway through. Dunno if it deserves to be in this - if so, I'll work on finishing it.

NO SLOTS LEFT! And Creepypasta sounds like the perfect note to end on. :)

Thank you all so much for hopping aboard this project! You've all been fantastic! I think weighing everyone's votes, I'm going to target the weekend just before Halloween, so like the 27th or 28th. I'm willing to bet that way it'll get the most views, and I think all of the talented artists here deserve that. I'll try to get everything assembled ASAP, though, since that'll also give people time to submit any corrections if they feel the need to.

Tonight I spent a while throwing together some code that will convert everything to the needed colors. It still needs some tweaking (aseprite's coding documentation kind of sucks, ngl), but once it's finished, we'll have a nice little tool to do this sort of thing again quickly instead of having to do all the recoloring by hand. :)

BBS Signature

At 10/10/23 11:40 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote:
NO SLOTS LEFT! And Creepypasta sounds like the perfect note to end on. :)

Thank you all so much for hopping aboard this project! You've all been fantastic! I think weighing everyone's votes, I'm going to target the weekend just before Halloween, so like the 27th or 28th. I'm willing to bet that way it'll get the most views, and I think all of the talented artists here deserve that. I'll try to get everything assembled ASAP, though, since that'll also give people time to submit any corrections if they feel the need to.

Tonight I spent a while throwing together some code that will convert everything to the needed colors. It still needs some tweaking (aseprite's coding documentation kind of sucks, ngl), but once it's finished, we'll have a nice little tool to do this sort of thing again quickly instead of having to do all the recoloring by hand. :)

That sounds like a neat tool!

Good luck putting it together :)

BBS Signature

Tool's done. I threw together a bunch of iterations of the collage this morning and picked out one that I liked. I'll throw it into a project and add everyone. :)

BBS Signature

At 10/11/23 02:06 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: Tool's done. I threw together a bunch of iterations of the collage this morning and picked out one that I liked. I'll throw it into a project and add everyone. :)

I’ll be working on the RED pic this afternoon.

BBS Signature

At 10/11/23 02:17 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 10/11/23 02:06 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: Tool's done. I threw together a bunch of iterations of the collage this morning and picked out one that I liked. I'll throw it into a project and add everyone. :)
I’ll be working on the RED pic this afternoon.

Cool. Just post it here whenever you've got it. You've got until the 27th. :)

BBS Signature

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Alright, the project is set up and scheduled for the 27th.

iu_1095957_3400370.gif

At this point everyone's work should be included and should be added to the credits. Be sure to preview the project for yourself to make sure everything is right! If you you were not added as a contributor, or if there's a correction that needs to happen, let me know by or before the 26th so that I'll have time to make the change and regenerate the image. :)

BBS Signature

At 10/11/23 02:36 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

At this point everyone's work should be included and should be added to the credits. Be sure to preview the project for yourself to make sure everything is right! If you you were not added as a contributor, or if there's a correction that needs to happen, let me know by or before the 26th so that I'll have time to make the change and regenerate the image. :)

The preview looks bomb dude!

Nice work :3

BBS Signature

At 10/11/23 04:49 PM, colorsCrimsonTears wrote:
At 10/11/23 02:36 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

The preview looks bomb dude!
Nice work :3

IKR? It turned out way better than I expected! It took a little tweaking to find the sweet spot between making sure everyone's work was visible and making sure the pumpkin was still clear.

BBS Signature

iu_1101013_6994006.png

RUN

A more detailed RED with the glowing eyes of pissedness. Decided to call this finished.

Check for any random artifact pixels that aren't quite black or white, please, I'm not sure how to get rid of it for good.

BBS Signature

At 10/21/23 06:38 PM, Thetageist wrote:
RUN

A more detailed RED with the glowing eyes of pissedness. Decided to call this finished.

Check for any random artifact pixels that aren't quite black or white, please, I'm not sure how to get rid of it for good.

I got u fam

BBS Signature

Okay Folks! I've gone through and spot checked the project myself, but more eyes is always better. Final reminder to double check the project page to make sure that everything you submitted is in order! Be sure to double check that:

• A) You're a part of the project
  • B) Your submissions are actually part of the work
  • C) If you submitted alternate versions, that the right version is being used.

We go up this weekend, so if you spot any corrections I need to make, be sure to let me know today or tomorrow so I have time to address them!

BBS Signature

At 10/25/23 09:46 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: Okay Folks! I've gone through and spot checked the project myself, but more eyes is always better. Final reminder to double check the project page to make sure that everything you submitted is in order! Be sure to double check that:

We go up this weekend, so if you spot any corrections I need to make, be sure to let me know today or tomorrow so I have time to address them!

Cool, you updated RED. Should be good to go on my end, then!

I think there’s a duplicate image somewhere in the stem, though?

BBS Signature

looks pretty good! And as Thetageist said there is an duplicate image in the stem area. But it seems to be the only one. Otherwise it looks pretty goood

At 10/25/23 09:46 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote: Okay Folks! I've gone through and spot checked the project myself, but more eyes is always better. Final reminder to double check the project page to make sure that everything you submitted is in order! Be sure to double check that:

This is only a small detail but the description is missing the number of entries that Lt-Abdelhak uploaded, which would be 1

Hi :D, I hope you have a good day, if that is not the case I wish you the best so it gets better.⭐

BBS Signature

Updated! Thanks for help catching stuff, folks! The missing picture was dioshiba's (thankfully pretty easy to double check since it was one of the only green ones), and Lt-Abdelhak's contribution count was added.

BBS Signature

Today is the day when this gets published right?

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

At 10/27/23 05:05 AM, aapiarts wrote: Today is the day when this gets published right?

Yup! 3PM EST

BBS Signature

iu_1104646_3400370.png

Good work, y'all! :D

BBS Signature

At 10/28/23 12:33 PM, TravelSizedLions wrote:

This was a blast to do again!

Good job to everyone who contributed~

Maybe a Thanksgiving or Christmas theme Artapalooza

could happen? :3

BBS Signature

HELL YEAH!!!!

At 10/28/23 01:59 PM, colorsCrimsonTears wrote:
This was a blast to do again!
Good job to everyone who contributed~
Maybe a Thanksgiving or Christmas theme Artapalooza
could happen? :3

That sounds amazing! And I got some feedback that week should up the number of slots so we can include even more people!

My vote would be Christmas, btw.

BBS Signature