00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arioksu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Taifau Cafe Art Contest

19,994 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone!

After so long I was finally able to work on comics again!

I’ve been looking forward to working on Taifau Cafe for a long time and I’m happy to finally have it out!

If you haven’t read it yet you can do so right here or on Patreon if you don’t want it divided in parts but don’t worry, it's free to read! No need to pay.

iu_1086729_3462845.png

To coincide with the release I decided to launch an art contest for it! XPPen was generous enough to not only sponsor, but also to allow me to host it exclusively here on Newgrounds!

The prizes will be:

• First place- 

iu_1086728_3462845.png

• Second place- 

iu_1086727_3462845.png

• Third place- 

iu_1086730_3462845.png

The rules will be kept simple, all you need to do is fanart of anything related to Taifau Cafe! You could draw any of the characters, redraw a scene from the comic, or even redesign the characters!

If you want to go beyond what was shown in the comic, you can check the tag for more!

Any medium is allowed too, don’t feel restricted to only digital drawings, if traditional works or 3D is your preference go for it!

You are allowed and encouraged to have as much freedom as you want, as long as it is allowed in the Art Portal anything is good to go!

The only condition is to tag it with “xppenmogy” in order for your work to be entered!

The deadline will be a month away from now, October 25th, with the winners being announced around the same week as it ends!

Thank you in advance for your consideration, I hope you enjoy reading or participating!! I also want to thank XPPen for allowing me to do this. I’m happy to have the chance to give back to the community!!

*Due to shipping restrictions, we are currently unable to ship to the Middle East(Except the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia), India, and Africa. (For South America and some other countries, customs charges may occur and it is not covered. )

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 19:27:43

Yeaaaah boii

EL BEHEDOG

The twofaced behemoth

BBS Signature

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 19:27:57 (edited 2023-09-25 19:28:08)

2nd place looks nice.

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 19:37:03

Hell yeah bro.

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 19:38:21

Seems like fun

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 19:44:17

At 9/25/23 07:27 PM, stelamoris wrote: 2nd place looks nice.

u gotta make the most aggresively 2nd place entry to snatch it!!

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 20:06:57

Interesting, might give it a try.

"As long as you live, there's a chance for something good happening." - some anime or manga, or me

BBS Signature

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 21:02:23

I don't know about aggressive. Maybe something cute and sweet ☺

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-25 22:02:55

At 9/25/23 06:58 PM, mogy64 wrote: Hello everyone!
I’ve been looking forward to working on Taifau Cafe for a long time and I’m happy to finally have it out!
If you haven’t read it yet you can do so right here or on Patreon if you don’t want it divided in parts but don’t worry, it's free to read! No need to pay.

To coincide with the release I decided to launch an art contest for it! XPPen was generous enough to not only sponsor, but also to allow me to host it exclusively here on Newgrounds!

The prizes will be:

The rules will be kept simple, all you need to do is fanart of anything related to Taifau Cafe! You could draw any of the characters, redraw a scene from the comic, or even redesign the characters!
If you want to go beyond what was shown in the comic, you can check the tag for more!
Any medium is allowed too, don’t feel restricted to only digital drawings, if traditional works or 3D is your preference go for it!
You are allowed and encouraged to have as much freedom as you want, as long as it is allowed in the Art Portal anything is good to go!
The only condition is to tag it with “xppenmogy” in order for your work to be entered!

The deadline will be a month away from now, October 25th, with the winners being announced around the same week as it ends!

Thank you in advance for your consideration, I hope you enjoy reading or participating!! I also want to thank XPPen for allowing me to do this. I’m happy to have the chance to give back to the community!!

*Due to shipping restrictions, we are currently unable to ship to the Middle East(Except the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia), India, and Africa. (For South America and some other countries, customs charges may occur and it is not covered. )

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 03:34:42

Got a tablet just recently, so I hardly need a new one, but that shortcut device sure looks nice.

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 03:58:14

Lets go mogy!!!!!

hi :)

BBS Signature

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 06:10:32

I just LOVE this comic! Can't wait to kick back, relax and read THIS!!

I'm not into collaborating with people around, sorry

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 07:23:17

The prizes will be:

*convulsing for happiness and doubt myself*

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 08:15:09

*convulsing for happiness and doubt myself*

dont doubt urself! its better to give something a try than regret not doing so

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 08:15:37

At 9/26/23 06:10 AM, JSuika wrote: I just LOVE this comic! Can't wait to kick back, relax and read THIS!!

thank u, im happy u liked it!!

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 08:39:35

At 9/26/23 03:34 AM, LimeHazard wrote: Got a tablet just recently, so I hardly need a new one, but that shortcut device sure looks nice.

yeaa i thought about that, i made the rest of the prizes be the same so its not a big issue to swap places in case one winner prefers/needs one of the xppen tools!

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 10:04:25

I'm not great at these kind of things, but I can try it, I guess? Providing I don't forget.

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 10:24:09

Hey this looks cool! I might do something for this, although seeing the people that have already commented, I probably won't win.

Still though, I'll probably join if I come up with something

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 13:30:54

At 9/25/23 07:38 PM, Bacun wrote: Seems like fun

Bacun, give the art baby's a chance 🙏

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-26 20:53:21

At 9/26/23 01:30 PM, Shanykid wrote:

bacun is now banned for scaring everyone off ☝️

but honestly, dont feel discouraged lol, u never know u might end up placing!

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-27 09:11:35

I need supporter to change my name before christmas so i will try to join even i have slim chances to win

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-28 00:07:43

Can the characters/character be in another world per say (example like Kera buying from a merchant from a different media)?

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-28 00:41:53

i joined it

BBS Signature

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-28 08:14:41

At 9/28/23 12:07 AM, Bendyizzt wrote: Can the characters/character be in another world per say (example like Kera buying from a merchant from a different media)?

while u can, it would be ideal if u only kept it to in world stuff instead of including other media

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-28 13:26:14

At 9/26/23 08:53 PM, mogy64 wrote:
At 9/26/23 01:30 PM, Shanykid wrote:
bacun is now banned for scaring everyone off ☝️
but honestly, dont feel discouraged lol, u never know u might end up placing!

Nooo don't ban him😱😭 I was kidding

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-29 14:20:17

holy f the characters are so cute!!! i might join for the sake of a challenge lol

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-30 15:24:49

Oh yeah definitely joining!

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-09-30 15:53:52 (edited 2023-09-30 15:55:17)

I might just do it for fun, not that type of guy that wants rewards for drawings (yet)

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-10-01 05:54:09

The prizes will be:

It’s just 1 event after another it seems.

Response to Taifau Cafe Art Contest 2023-10-02 12:55:54

im interested. I will see if I can do it in time

Good Smelling Art with Emotion and Tapioca

BBS Signature