00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FNuggets just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What should i continue trance/Techno or make dubstep

343 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I was thinking of trying to make dubstep /Drumstep but I don't know I'm actually a trance and techno producer but...

Dubstep is currently more famous than trance, but it is very overexploited.

Yea it's way too overused

Make what you like, blend the genres and experiment even. Limiting yourself to a single genre slows you down

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

At 9/21/23 12:12 AM, Tapestoppa wrote: Make what you like, blend the genres and experiment even. Limiting yourself to a single genre slows you down

Agreed. Learn about your favorites and incorporate them into your work. Fans of electronic music are pretty eclectic and most of your casual listeners will only know trance, dubstep, maybe dnb. A blend of styles keeps it all fresh.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Ok thank you

Tbh do what you love but you also you can try other genres to experiment and expand your sound palette. Thats what I do but yeah even though you make trance/techno you can try making dubstep or fuse them together, experiment and have fun.

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

BBS Signature

That’s what I did with South Dakota — I basically just took what I was used to, trance or dance type electronic music, and fused it with a hard ish bass to make pseudo dubstep. It turned out pretty good, would recommend that strategy of combining genres.